Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Your definition of "more" and my definition of "more" are definitely different.
    Its the same system but with added player interaction... I don't know what definition of more you're using.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Meh, no fucks given. Now they need to make all gathering professions baseline.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Its the same system but with added player interaction... I don't know what definition of more you're using.
    Were bandages not tradeable/sellable in the past?
    (rhetorical question)

Edit:
    For me, what it comes down to, is the number of things I can do with a character has decreased, again. With the changes, I will no longer be able to do smithing and first aid. Come bfa, it will be stick with smithing or change to tailoring if I want access to the new first aid options.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2018-02-14 at 03:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They also moved all First Aid Achievements to Legacy, so i'd say yes.

Not sure if this is much of a loss, TBH.
    I am pretty sure really few people will miss it, maybe only vanilla fanatics that will have it soon on their dedicated servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

They were, but there is less of a market when literally everyone can learn first aid. With it being wrapped up with tailoring, less people can learn it, due to the two primary professions limit, as oppose to unlimited secondary professions. Make the value of formerly first aid items go up a less people can many them.

7+ Year Old Account
    If this is true then Blizzard is pretty much just removing aspects of what a MMORPG is. Without First Aid Profession There will be no gameplay. Without Theses Features your game will be nothing special or interesting.

They are converting it into the 4th Warrior spec in a couple years, it is called Field Medic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.

(rhetorical question)

Edit:
    For me, what it comes down to, is the number of things I can do with a character has decreased, again. With the changes, I will no longer be able to do smithing and first aid. Come bfa, it will be stick with smithing or change to tailoring if I want access to the new first aid options.
    There was no point to selling them in the past because literally everyone could make them with next to zero effort. Now they are something you actually choose to do and that you seek out from people who do it.

This is exactly the direction professions should be going. Towards people interacting with other people instead of going "Well, I can just do that myself so no reason to talk to or trade with anyone."

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a shame. Playing a warrior since vanilla, first aid has earned a special place to me. I always went out of my way to level it every expansion.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    That's a shame. Playing a warrior since vanilla, first aid has earned a special place to me. I always went out of my way to level it every expansion.
    Warriors these days are one of the few classes that would still benefit from bandages. Since healers can self heal, half the DPS classes can self heal, there's two pet classes, most ranged classes just kill things before they reach you.

Of course you still have to deal with pushback ruining your healing.

Honestly Bandages needed a major rework, this just feels like the precursor to them going away entirely. I highly doubt they'll be made that often by tailors who could instead invest in bags and gear.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    It's not been relevant for years now. They really needed to either improve it or remove it. I guess they chose the latter .
    For a little while in the Cata beta bandages had a 2 second cast time, and if you got that off without being hit or damaged you got the 8 second hot from the bandage that wouldn't be cancelled by damage. Guess it was too useful cause it only lasted one build.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Alchemy already has potions. And out of combat is covered by food. Honestly First Aid has been useless since Wrath.
    WoD first aid had decent healing potions which were stronger than HS

Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    Probably. When was the last time it was useful?
    WotLK maybe? Cata at the latest I'd say.

Does it matter? Has zero use right now. Wish it did honestly, but those days are past. Even regular healing potions suck when you can get so much hp.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

bandages have to be shit when every pure dps have some ridiculous self healing from a talent or artifact, as well as an immunity, then to make bandages good? what's the point of a hybrid? to just be outhealed by pures? idiotic game design. if you give hybrids no immunities they need far superior self healing, and no i don't think standing still for 10 seconds chain casting until hitting 0 mana is a viable option for "self healing" in any challenging content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    WoD first aid had decent healing potions which were stronger than HS
    game is all about warlocks atm nothing can be stronger than whatever they bring to the table!

Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    If this is true then Blizzard is pretty much just removing aspects of what a MMORPG is. Without First Aid Profession There will be no gameplay. Without Theses Features your game will be nothing special or interesting.
    This is a massively nonsensical post. First aid = RPG. Without first aid, there's no gameplay (!), and finally, apparently first aid is what made the game special in the first place. My brain can't handle such a focussed barrage of stupid shit and needs to stop looking at to prevent going into an emergency shutdown. Jesus Christ.

Deleted
    (rhetorical question)
    The bigger question is, were they useable by non first aid people? No.

Edit:
    Considering smithing is a primary profession and first aid an optional one, the only other thing for you to do is picking first aid as the 2nd primary, nothing has changed for you.

How has it decreased anything? Now first aid actually has an use and you'll be able to use them WITHOUT having first aid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooid View Post
    Probably. When was the last time it was useful?
    every week when you run icc and heal the drake as a non-healer class.

clearly disappointing that more flavor goes just when you think blizzard did something to revitalize fa with all the quests in legion

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    There was no point to selling them in the past because literally everyone could make them with next to zero effort. Now they are something you actually choose to do and that you seek out from people who do it.

This is exactly the direction professions should be going. Towards people interacting with other people instead of going "Well, I can just do that myself so no reason to talk to or trade with anyone."
    This does not change what I said in any way shape or form: there is now less. Previously: two trade skills and first aid skill(3 skills). In the future: two trade skills and no first aid skill(2 skills).
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2018-02-14 at 05:45 AM.