10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    A) I want that worgen model. That alone makes it way better.

B) I think Nathanos goes down with the Sylvanas ship. The Dread Harvest or whatever that council was called will take over.
    On the contrary, I've been under the impression that Nathanos has been built up as a major character in order to eventually become Sylvanas's successor, after she ends up wherever she ends up.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reaver View Post
    On the contrary, I've been under the impression that Nathanos has been built up as a major character in order to eventually become Sylvanas's successor, after she ends up wherever she ends up.
    Maybe it's the way he reacts to player characters but he strikes me as being built up for the 5-man dungeon to accompany Sylvanas' raid.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I do wonder how they will handle travel between the 2 continents for Horde and Alliance for gameplay purposes. While Teldrassil and Undercity are very rarely used hubs, their ships and zeppelins are used a lot to get to northern Kalimdor and EK.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe it's the way he reacts to player characters but he strikes me as being built up for the 5-man dungeon to accompany Sylvanas' raid.
    Ya, at least Sylvanas seems to respect the power of the player. Nathanos I hope the Horde and only the Horde get to kill him.

Dunno where you're getting that impression. He's a follow her to the death sort of character, and we already have a council rising to govern the Forsaken.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    I do wonder how they will handle travel between the 2 continents for Horde and Alliance for gameplay purposes. While Teldrassil and Undercity are very rarely used hubs, their ships and zeppelins are used a lot to get to northern Kalimdor and EK.
    Two words: Cataclysm Portals.

- - - Updated - - -

No way, I do not know what Sylvanas' future is (and I do hope it's not the 'Kerrigan' treatment) but Nathanos is here to stay.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

I didn’t say it was impossible, just that it’d be incredibly inconvenient. (Booty bay and ratchet still work too) It’s possible they intend that though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, he has a shitty personality, but his personality and style still screams "Forsaken leader." Of course this is keeping in mind that I'm not yet convinced Sylvanas will become a boss or villain or what have you. Though I do think her story will end in this expansion, I'm currently guessing she'll either dig her own grave in pursuit of power/immortality or maybe Greymane will dig it for her. I've also heard speculation that she'd get forced into a position like Helya or the Lich King and that also sounds probable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    I didn’t say it was impossible, just that it’d be incredibly inconvenient. (Booty bay and ratchet still work too) It’s possible they intend that though.
    Would it?

The change only affects high level characters who have done the content, and those characters are generally going to those locations to get to other places. Everyone can port to Hyjal from SW/Org and Dal crater from Broken Shores Dal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Dunno where you're getting that impression. He's a follow her to the death sort of character, and we already have a council rising to govern the Forsaken.
    I primarily get the impression from the fact that he grew in significance as a character out of nowhere yet hasn't seemed too necessary. Yeah he's Sylvanas's right-hand man, but most of his recent contributions that come to mind involve taunting characters and doing things Sylvanas could've done without him. Basically I think whenever Blizzard decided that they were going to end Sylvanas's story they preemptively built up a major Forsaken character to eventually take her place. The Council may become something significant, but it's a really recent development and so it's up in the air as to how it'll be fleshed out.

Deleted
    In fact I'm expecting a revamp in 9.0 to solidify it for 1-60.
    yeah no. a level squish would be the most retarded thing to do especially with such a random number like 60. then they can also get rid of levels.....

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    yeah no. a level squish would be the most retarded thing to do especially with such a random number like 60. then they can also get rid of levels.....
    Slowpoke is fairly obviously referring to a Cata-Style 1-60 world-revamp of Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms solidifying the Horde-Kalimdor Alliance-EK Split that BAz is starting.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and Sylvanas can appoint him leader and he leads the Forsaken, with the Desolate Council.
    This is what I really want...

The new models can't come fast enough...I really want the updated Goblin models.
    For the Horde!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    You.... read really deeply into that.

Nah steampunkette gets it. I mean they revamp the 1-60 experience. Honestly if they're ambitious maybe they use the new scaling as an excuse to revamp it so you can go 1-90 in all-new updated content by throwing Northrend and Cata zones in there.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Blightcaller was so great back in the Marris Stead days!! https://imgur.com/a/lY2t1 The good ole days.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Yeah, and Sylvanas can appoint him leader and he leads the Forsaken, with the Desolate Council.
    This is what I really want...
    Isn't the Desolate Council against Sylvanas and Nathanos?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coloredtoad View Post
    Blightcaller was so great back in the Marris Stead days!!
    So were the multiple wipes on him, right?

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post

- - - Updated - - -

That was always a fun time!! Forming up a grp and then getting destroyed for hours.. Good times!!

I primarily get the impression from the fact that he grew in significance as a character out of nowhere yet hasn't seemed too necessary. Yeah he's Sylvanas's right-hand man, but most of his recent contributions that come to mind involve taunting characters and doing things Sylvanas could've done without him. Basically I think whenever Blizzard decided that they were going to end Sylvanas's story they preemptively built up a major Forsaken character to eventually take her place. The Council may become something significant, but it's a really recent development and so it's up in the air as to how it'll be fleshed out.
    He’d easily die for Sylvanas. I’d consider it infinitely more likely he dies than Sylvanas. His only reason to exist is to serve her.

- - - Updated - - -

I am curious about Blizzard’s story design goals. No matter what happens with Sylvanas now, there are going to be a lot of people passionately upset with it.

Maybe they’d rather have that than apathy?

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    So basically those of us hoping a more nuanced conflict than the last time have to deal with the Horde being the assholes yet again under Garrosh 2.0, now with 100% more zombie boobs?

Plus, Sylvanas is supposed to be smart. How in the blazes will burning Teldrassil allow the Horde to achieve mastery on Kalimdor when 2 Horde races, including her own seat of power, aren't based in Kalimdor? Does she expect the Alliance to just take the hits lying down? And then she has to gall to go ''I care about the Horde, that's why I commit atrocities!'' on us as if anything had ever stopped her before?

And the Void Elves are somehow ''endless''? Just how many freaking elves are there that a splinter group of one faction is so numerous?

This faction plot looked stupid at first glance and only gets stupider as I learn more of it.
    Don't call the writing stupid just because you are to stupid to understand it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post

- - - Updated - - -

No they are running undercity while sylvannas is gone. And some disagree with her actions. Only in a fascist govt is that "against" her
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Don't call the writing stupid just because you are to stupid to understand it

- - - Updated - - -

No they are running undercity while sylvannas is gone. And some disagree with her actions. Only in a fascist govt is that "against" her
    Yes, I meant that as against her decisions (and regarding the Forsaken as a whole).

They’re not adding an extra council for the Forsaken just to fill out the story. In some shape or form it’ll wind up being internal conflict for them.