Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ambush!: Enemy Assassins are lurking in the shadows. - Pretty much rogues patrolling arround instance. Stuning you, silencing your healer etc..

Resilient: Non boss enemies are immune to crowd control effects

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Idk what level mythic you are doing but in anything remotely high level, the tank or the healer vanishing for 10 secs would mean a wipe.
    this wasnt a thread about legion,

this was a thread about fun affixes for Beyond legion,

who knows they might be more forgiving at the higher keys in the next expac, and nah i dont do keys above 16/17 no point when the rewards stop at 15
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    would be fun nonetheless 10 seconds isnt long for most tanks, if they pop cds.
    As a Tank I die last to most things. But imagine some of the kite packs (teeming pelters for example): if the catch up, the start throwing stones at random party members, killing them quickly. Beeing rooted for 10 secs right at the start when stuns run out is bad.
    Or Hyrja during the storm. As tank no problem, but if my heal is stunned for 10 secs, I will have to finish her alone (prob with the WL).

That works when outgearing the place, but not on pushing. Bosses with AoE or random targeted casts were there from vanilla to Legion and will be in BfA. So thats a bad Idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Honik View Post
    Ambush!: Enemy Assassins are lurking in the shadows. - Pretty much rogues patrolling arround instance. Stuning you, silencing your healer etc..

Resilient: Non boss enemies are immune to crowd control effects
    First is every seat. And we know people love seat. Most annoying thing to me in seat is the constant trash spawn (purple circle shit) and the random popped stalkers.

By resilient you mean hard CC and stuns or everything blizzard counts as CC (interrupts, grips and slows)? Because that again is an "go fuck yourself" affix which means one shots on higher keys. There is a reason Belf engineers are so strong in pushing high keys. Its two additional CCs (Silence and bomb). Some mobs (shapers in nelt) you could counter by bringing melees with short interrupt CDs over casters, but have fun not being able to stun or CC the hulk besides him during the cone cast.

Coming up with a new, unique affix is hard as you see. Most suggestions here are just a stop sign on higher keys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Freezing: Every second while standing still, you gain 1 stack of Freezing Blood, slowing movement speed by 10%. Upon reaching 10 stacks, you're stunned for 3 seconds. Moving removes a stack of Freezing Blood.

Basically, keep moving or you freeze. it's kind of like the final boss of The Nexus.
    I like the idea, but every second a stack and stunned 3 seconds? If someone fail to move for 10 seconds they can apply to "Worst player of all time awards" if that exist :P and 3 seconds is not nearly punishing enough.

Swap it and it would make sense, move within 3 seconds or get a 10 second stun.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Freezing: Every second while standing still, you gain 1 stack of Freezing Blood, slowing movement speed by 10%. Upon reaching 10 stacks, you're stunned for 3 seconds. Moving removes a stack of Freezing Blood.

Basically, keep moving or you freeze. it's kind of like the final boss of The Nexus.
    Favoritism towards Melee?
    I love it!

How about: "Shared Suffering" - every %seconds the Tank explodes for a massive amount of damage, shared between all group members within %yards.
    Forcing the group to either stack, using Tank CDs in a sofisticated way or external CD management.

Madness will consume you!!!

Affixes so far have always been about tanks and healers - its time to make the DPS' life misery.

Fixate - Mobs randomly fixate on you, become immune to CC(slows allowed, no roots) and instant kill you if they reach you. Healers/Ranged preferred, melee if no one else.
    Darkness - You can only see up to 8 yards around you (ala Kiljaeden). Mobs can only attack you if they are in your vision.
    Branded - 4 players are branded with 2 different marks. Each player much reach the other player with his matching mark or explode. (ala Star Augur)
    Madness - occasionally one of your party is Mind Controlled. Requires hard CC or 50% hp to break.
    Surestep - the Kirin Tor have provided you with a specific route to walk on in the dungeon(like the puzzles to be solved around Legion). You can only see 2 squares ahead and 2 squares back of your character. If you step out of the squares, you get stunned for 2 sec and teleported back to the nearest square.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Affixes so far have always been about tanks and healers - its time to make the DPS' life misery.

Fixate - Mobs randomly fixate on you, become immune to CC(slows allowed, no roots) and instant kill you if they reach you. Healers/Ranged preferred, melee if no one else.
    Darkness - You can only see up to 8 yards around you (ala Kiljaeden). Mobs can only attack you if they are in your vision.
    Branded - 4 players are branded with 2 different marks. Each player much reach the other player with his matching mark or explode. (ala Star Augur)
    Madness - occasionally one of your party is Mind Controlled. Requires hard CC or 50% hp to break.
    Surestep - the Kirin Tor have provided you with a specific route to walk on in the dungeon(like the puzzles to be solved around Legion). You can only see 2 squares ahead and 2 squares back of your character. If you step out of the squares, you get stunned for 2 sec and teleported back to the nearest square.
    Madness could be awesome and thematic for BfA! But only if they add in Old God whispers throughout the run.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    Favoritism towards Melee?
    I love it!

How about: "Shared Suffering" - every %seconds the Tank explodes for a massive amount of damage, shared between all group members within %yards.
    Forcing the group to either stack, using Tank CDs in a sofisticated way or external CD management.
    Wait - is tank still alive after this? I don't wanna explode!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    blinding: something like 50% maybe 30% of the trash and boss mobs have the ability to cast lightwave which will blind you for ~5sec. if you look at them
    crippling: some mobs will slow you something like harmstring but will last longer
    bloodlost: boss mobs have a soft enrage at ~25% where they deal ~30% more dmg

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    would be fun nonetheless 10 seconds isnt long for most tanks, if they pop cds.
    LOL what are you serious

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    How about...

Derpy: Your toon sometimes does (or fails to do) random things that aren't helpful.

That way we can always say "It wasn't me it was the affix!"

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Seagull or pecked: Either random seagulls from EoA spawn throughout the dungeon or several/all mobs gets the pecked ability.

Affix: The Floor is Lava.
    Players take periodic fire damage when touching the floor. Elevated surfaces such as tables and boulders act as safe zones.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reflection: Randomly the group will be inflicted with a debuff that lasts 3 seconds, once the 3 seconds is up, all damage / healing you do will be reflected back at you for the next 5 seconds. Or maybe not all, but perhaps a percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellows View Post
    Affix: The Floor is Lava.
    Players take periodic fire damage when touching the floor. Elevated surfaces such as tables and boulders act as safe zones.
    Perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaze View Post
    blinding: something like 50% maybe 30% of the trash and boss mobs have the ability to cast lightwave which will blind you for ~5sec. if you look at them
    I like the idea of a blind unless you look away type off affix as it would be the only affix to date that didn't translate to "screw the healer."

Also in favor of anything that punishes keyboard turners.

Immolation - Enemy mobs deal a percentage of their max health as damage to players in combat with them.

Reasoning: Prevents from mass pulling but less punishing than bolstering, depends on the capability of the healer. Many small mobs are ok, because it is based on max health. Pulling entire dungeon with multiple high health mobs can cause problems. CC'd mobs turn off their immolation. Bosses don't immolate. Obviously harder on fortified weeks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see more interactioncs between choice of pulled packs/bosses. What I mean is that, right now, the groups can kill whatever they like in order to fill the bar, regardless of bosses and affixes. Something like:

Guardian: for every pack of mobs you kill, the next boss you face deals 5% increased damage.

This resets after a boss is dead. The effect doesn't apply if you kill a pack while the boss is aggroed. This way you should plan carefully what you kill, basing on the next boss you will face. The affix wouldn't be extremely punishing because sometimes you have to kill a standard set of packs, like in VotW. But on bosses that give you more freedom, like Serpentrix, I think this would make for an interesting turn of events.

Another interesting one would be:

Mirage: at 50% health, the boss creates a clone of itself.

The clone would use no abilities, have 50% of the boss' max health, but hit like a truck. The party has to choose whether they want to focus him first, or finish it quickly.
    Guardian + Mirage would be extremely challenging on some bosses.
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2018-02-14 at 10:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    How is that a M+ affix?
    It's a response to the class balance issue which is not necessarily caused by certain affixes.

If you want an affix, here is one: Trashmobs randomly become active and passive, even mid-combat. Meaning that if you pull a pack, half of them could become a stone statue, preserving current hp and dropping combat, but the ones remain active become stronger like bolstering.
    A bit later the stone statue mobs can be active again. Blizz would like it, because they love RNG.
    Naming: Petrify
    Last edited by mmoc9aac36c166; 2018-02-14 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Madness could be awesome and thematic for BfA! But only if they add in Old God whispers throughout the run.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait - is tank still alive after this? I don't wanna explode!
    The damage shouldn't be catastrophic.
    Just high enough to prevent the Tank from just Cheesing every single burst.
    It can make you calculate your movement through high keys, and low keys Tanks will probably be able to cheese anyway, so no harm there...

The Madness affix sounds nice, but i would like it more if it was more interractable:
    All throughout the Dungeon there will be Old God power wisps, stepping in them will gain you % of Insanity.
    At 100% you become Mind Controlled (broken at % of Players health).
    Insanity stacks reset after every boss.

On higher Keys there could be unavoidable Wisps of the old gods, making you let a set player take them...

Madness will consume you!!!

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I like the idea, but every second a stack and stunned 3 seconds?
    Numbers can be tweaked. I'm just posting a general idea. I'm not a game dev.