Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Alchemy already has potions. And out of combat is covered by food. Honestly First Aid has been useless since Wrath.
    its been useless because they didnt bother to make it useful. Hot bandages breaking on damage taken could have been just fine and somewhat useful, but they never cared enough to try them.

Deleted
    damn blizz................ i loved healing myself in world pvp with first aid......but alchemy already gives strong healing pots so its fine.

Deleted
    Who even bothered with First Aid after BC?

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Your definition of "more" and my definition of "more" are definitely different.
    If they split alchemy into three different professions, one that made flasks, one that made elixirs and one that made potions, would it be more? It'd just be the same, but more inconvenient.

Merging a useless secondary profession into a primary profession that may or may not gain something from it, is either good or irrelevant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    If they split alchemy into three different professions, one that made flasks, one that made elixirs and one that made potions, would it be more? It'd just be the same, but more inconvenient.

Merging a useless secondary profession into a primary profession that may or may not gain something from it, is either good or irrelevant.
    Providing an example of a bad design does not mean there isn't a good design out there. Some of us want more features in a game. Some people are happy with less. Each to their own.

Sure, sure, the go to is to remove features from the game.... not make them worth while. As I said: Less is more FTW.
    Except this isn't 'less is more', they are simply moving the recipes over to Tailoring. Guess it will also remove the "Need First Aid at 800 to use" which in turn will make it an item we can purchase on AH, just as with potions. So judging from this move I'd say they will make bandaids worth the time now, can't even remember the last time I used one.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Providing an example of a bad design does not mean there isn't a good design out there. Some of us want more features in a game. Some people are happy with less. Each to their own.
    If I can't imagine a good way of implementing something, I'm not sad that it's not implemented at all.

Sure, it's not my job to come up with ideas of how to make the game better, but I can't blame them for not being able to come up with a revolutionary idea that nobody had thought of before.

That's expecting the unexpectable and being disappointed that nothing unexpectable happened.

This isn't a religion, they just make games.

Deleted
    Very good change. Tailoring has room for more things to do and it fits.
    Also I didn't use First Aid since WotLK, so...won't miss it there.
    The other three secondary professions are working, so I don't see any problem here...a new fourth profession would be awesome though!

10+ Year Old Account
    might be proper to add mana and health potions to the profession, seperate ones for pvp and pve and not binding these to the power potion cooldown.

you could also add some revival mechanic to it, or pet bandages.
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

One thing I find really fascinating is community reaction to this versus literally everything else.

It's like people really want to be outraged but just can't bring themselves to it.

7+ Year Old Account
    If I can't imagine a good way of implementing something, I'm not sad that it's not implemented at all.

Sure, it's not my job to come up with ideas of how to make the game better, but I can't blame them for not being able to come up with a revolutionary idea that nobody had thought of before.

That's expecting the unexpectable and being disappointed that nothing unexpectable happened.

Bit of a jumble there.

I'm sad that people being paid to design a game can't come up with good designs but instead, over the years, have decided to just get rid of various things.

Who said anything about revolutionary? Blowing things out of proportion doesn't make your argument valid. Good design is all it takes. They don't need to re-invent the wheel. Personally, I think all it should have taken is keeping the healing percentage in line with health pool increases.

Gonna leave that alone.

Expecting game designers to come up with a good game design is akin to religion? Come on. Of course its not a religion and in no way was I making it out to be.

I want game designers to not be lazy. I'd rather see game designers, when recognizing something isn't useful, make it useful, not just get rid of it. But, that's been the state of the game for awhile now. I joke here and there that the game will eventually become a 3 button game: attack, heal, self CD. The older the game gets the less I think the comment is a joke but instead more of a prophecy.

All I wonder is, if that means we can get a new and actually useful secondary profession.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Except this isn't 'less is more', they are simply moving the recipes over to Tailoring. Guess it will also remove the "Need First Aid at 800 to use" which in turn will make it an item we can purchase on AH, just as with potions. So judging from this move I'd say they will make bandaids worth the time now, can't even remember the last time I used one.
    It's a very minor loss, the loss of first aid, but its still a loss. It will be a nice change if bandages do actually become useful again.

10+ Year Old Account
    LEgion tried to make First Aid important, but it was just a frustrating mess. So I am not surrpised they finally removed it. Pretty sad as it's a concept thats been with WoW since e it's inception. Maybe it's just a product of what MMO's used to be.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    smh scrubs calling first aid useless

Deleted
    Were bandages not tradeable/sellable in the past?
    (rhetorical question)

Edit:
    For me, what it comes down to, is the number of things I can do with a character has decreased, again. With the changes, I will no longer be able to do smithing and first aid. Come bfa, it will be stick with smithing or change to tailoring if I want access to the new first aid options.
    Did not matter, because you could not use these if you did not have the required skill, and if you did have the required skill, you could make your bandages by yourself, so there was no need to buy anything.

First Aid has been useless for such a long time, it has no reason to exist anymore if they don't overhaul the system completely. If you could use bandages in fight without being interrupted by damage, this could be a useful improvement. But if things stay as they are - good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Meh, no fucks given. Now they need to make all gathering professions baseline.
    Before they do tha tthey should make it so you can gather from a mob's corpse without it needing to be fully looted. A swarm of guys goes tearing through an area full of skinnables, only takes one not looting to say bye-bye to hundreds in leather.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

My knee jerk reaction is to be sad since it's been in the game forever. I haven't gone out of my way to do anything with first aid since BC though, maybe early Wrath, so it's hard to care - especially since it's not actually going away, just being rolled into tailoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Because it is, the bandages heals for too little compared to our health pools. Go back a couple expansions and it was really usefull though.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Yeah people in the millions of health. That 579,344 is sure going add a perk to your survival.