Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I got mine 2 years ago. 4 months after I finally got the horseman. No more holiday mount farming. It's the best.
    There are a million fine looking women in this world but not all of them will bring you lasagna at work. Most of them will just cheat on you.

this is why mounts need RNG / bad luck protection it should be a given after X amount of tries the odds are finally in your favor.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Just got mine after years of doing this. Last year I don't think I did it more then a few times on only healing alts. I figured why waste the time. This year I ran all 15 of my 110's since the start and it just dropped on my alt warrior lol. I didnt even notice it at first cause i'm so use to just opening the heart box and logging out quick. Had to log back in cause I noticed purple haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Nervo View Post
    Don't give up! After running 194 toons the past 3 years it finally dropped for me on attempt 7399!
    I smell bs with those numbers lol

Also, got mine friday Probably near 1,000 total attempts since I started playing in 2010. 92nd attempt this year (13toons/day)

Been running it on 12 characters everyday so far this year. Still no luck. And have run it on multiple characters every year since inception. I thought this would be the year...but now it's looking bleak...

Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post

Also, got mine friday Probably near 1,000 total attempts since I started playing in 2010. 92nd attempt this year (13toons/day)

Used 8 different accounts. Ran a lot through as 5man teams, but this year found it faster to run it with a main carrying 4 100s. Would take 3.5-4hrs a day.
    Here are the spreadsheets from 2016 and 2018 if you wanna check the numbers of which toon got the toy/pet/mask and how many tokens. 2017's spreadsheet was lost in the abyss.

https : // imgur . com / a / AbYAV

Had it in 2012, only reason I came to the thread.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Only a few days left to go...it's not looking good for me unless I can get some real luck now!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post

Nothing really bullshit in those numbers. Especially when you consider they're taking their attempts over the last 3 years, when you could use level 16's last year. I have a couple of friends for whom it's basically one of the only mounts left for them to farm. One of them has levelled just under 150 characters specifically for it, the other is just under 200 last count. She's also levelling more throughout the event to try for more chances.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Deleted
    Since I usually have bad luck with mount drops and recently blew all my luck on the Smoldering Wyrm from Karazhan Nightbane run, I give up for this year. And have other things to do on Valentine's day than playing WoW.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Broke 2k attempts for the year today, not long to go now either

I knew about 3 months ago that it was level 98+ so I leveled up Death Knights to Level 70 on random servers then made Demon Hunters. Did the starting area and got the artifact. This took less than an hour. I made one demon hunter a day. I also used 2 accounts so I could maximize the chances of getting the mount. Also I could que both at once to make it faster to farm. I made EVERY demon hunter a tank for instant que. I got the mount on the 3rd day which I was shocked by as I was expecting it to take longer. So if you don't get it this year then prepare for next year and start making those demon hunters! Doing it over 12 months will be a piece of cake and less grindy.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by greg098 View Post
    I knew about 3 months ago that it was level 98+ so I leveled up Death Knights to Level 70 on random servers then made Demon Hunters. Did the starting area and got the artifact. This took less than an hour. I made one demon hunter a day. I also used 2 accounts so I could maximize the chances of getting the mount. Also I could que both at once to make it faster to farm. I made EVERY demon hunter a tank for instant que. I got the mount on the 3rd day which I was shocked by as I was expecting it to take longer. So if you don't get it this year then prepare for next year and start making those demon hunters! Doing it over 12 months will be a piece of cake and less grindy.
    I also knew three months ago, and have 180 chars currently at the moment for this event. I'm dreading levelling them all to 110 for next years event.

Quote Originally Posted by Mymori View Post
    I also knew three months ago, and have 180 chars currently at the moment for this event. I'm dreading levelling them all to 110 for next years event.
    well you can just level them to 102, to basic order halls and then XP missions only... im sure they will get to 110 in a year from that alone.

Someone wanna check on Shaker and make sure he's still alive?

How do people know how many attempts they've had?

Rarity.

They should really put it in the forum title for as much as this gets asked.

"Welcome to Achievements, Pet Battles and Transmog. It's called Rarity"

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Rarity.

They should really put it in the forum title for as much as this gets asked.

"Welcome to Achievements, Pet Battles and Transmog. It's called Rarity"
    Fair enough. Sorry, don't come to this sub much. Does it track attempts from before it was installed, or just future ones?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Someone wanna check on Shaker and make sure he's still alive?

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Fair enough. Sorry, don't come to this sub much. Does it track attempts from before it was installed, or just future ones?
    It depends, for somethings that your character keeps track of in statistics it'll add previous kills for you but for something like this holiday event it's just future ones.

I've been pretty casual this year, only 44 tries a day so I am alive but just as sad as the last however many years. It blows my mind that this mount is still this way.

Mymori is a champ with like 4x my attempts this year - hope you get it!