Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    Oh shut up with this "its too commercial" bull shit .. the best gifts come from the heart. There is nothing wrong with having a day you can celebrate with the person you love...

I think the best gifts come from you and mean something, Whether its expensive or not doesn't matter as long as you know it will make her happy.
    You can do this is any other time of the year.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    You can do this is any other time of the year.
    Sure but there is nothing wrong with a day to do it .. makes her happy and she makes me happy .. nothing wrong with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really get anything for Valentine's Day. Never had a girlfriend yet so I never really cared for Valentine's Day. Honestly I find it annoying because it's mainly a day for people in relationships and it just annoying hearing about it all day. Like it's saying "look at these people! They're so happy and in love with each other!". Yeah yeah good for them now fuck off.

Today though I got a lollipop from a little girl at work so that was nice. I can't even remember the last time I got something for Valentine's from someone other than family.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2018-02-14 at 05:29 PM.

Best gift is love or appreciation.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I dont fuck with greeting card holidays, I do more than most men do for their SO everyday of the year. I dont need rampant consumerism to guilt me into buying shit chocolate and overpriced plants.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh shut up with this "its too commercial" bull shit .. the best gifts come from the heart. There is nothing wrong with having a day you can celebrate with the person you love...

I think the best gifts come from you and mean something, Whether its expensive or not doesn't matter as long as you know it will make her happy.
    I agree, I do it everyday. I dont need Hallmark to tell me to do it.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    I dont fuck with greeting card holidays, I do more than most men do for their SO everyday of the year. I dont need rampant consumerism to guilt me into buying shit chocolate and overpriced plants.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, I do it everyday. I dont need Hallmark to tell me to do it.
    I agree with your sentiment. I feel like if I had a girlfriend or wife Valentine's Day would be pretty much everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by New sauce boy View Post
    I agree with your sentiment. I feel like if I had a girlfriend or wife Valentine's Day would be pretty much everyday.
    No it wouldn't.

People have some weird thoughts about what a relationship looks like.

My SO and I won't do anything fancy today but we sure bought each other some flowers and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    No it wouldn't.

My SO and I won't do anything fancy today but we sure bought each other some flowers and that's about it.
    It doesnt look like the VD commercials everyday, with hearts and flowers and bears. But our life is a daily service to one another. In all my actions(K not ALL) I ask, "is this showing her my love and support". I go out of my way daily to give her love and admiration above a simple hug and "I love you". Gifts are not given often, only because each of us tend to buy what we want, when we want for ourselves. We have long, deep talks regularly to open our feelings to one another. I send her flowers without cause,(side note, flowers sent randomly>flowers sent on the day EVERY woman is getting them) Surprise her at work for lunch. She is the center of my world, and I hers and our actions example this daily. Doing the VD shit feels forced to us.

Every DAY should be a VD type celebration(sans the tacky shit) of the love you have for your SO.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Best: Something random and whimsical that you thought of and did special for your SO.

Worst: Breast implant. Yes, singular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    No it wouldn't.

So do you guys like not show any affection towards each other or go out anywhere or do anything when it's not V day?

So do you guys like not show any affection towards each other or go out anywhere or do anything when it's not V day?
    They were responding to a comment stating 'every day would be like Valentine's'. Is that your experience? You purchase cards and flowers and do a special night out every night?

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing because i don't have a girlfriend. and probably never will.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Real simple, Valentines Day: Best and Worst Gifts?

Best:Godiva Chocolates and Strawberries and the Day at a Spa.

Worst: A baby goat.
    Never got a bad Vday present, but I did print this on my 3D printer for my wife, so she might have one to add to this list, I will have to find out later lol..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Never got a bad Vday present, but I did print this on my 3D printer for my wife, so she might have one to add to this list, I will have to find out later lol..

Looks one of a kind and very cool.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Best: Not giving a flying fuck about the day, also being single, more moolah for me!

Worst: None as I don't give a shit about the day.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Best: Nothing

Worst: Anything

Why? Because its made up holiday to sell you crap.
    Which is why you should just dick your partner real good, that one's free.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure but there is nothing wrong with a day to do it .. makes her happy and she makes me happy .. nothing wrong with this.
    I don't understand how someone can be happy for a present you're only giving because not giving it on that particular day would make you look bad.

Even worse is that my parents are following this lame trend, too. If you love someone so much you shouldn't need some shitty made-up American ( we're half the world away ) holiday to celebrate your so called love.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2018-02-14 at 08:19 PM.

I got my gf some flowers, fuzzy boots, coffee mug, and paid to have her nails done. $50 total. She genuinely loved it all.

Its all about knowing your partner.

Best gift: I got the day off! I can take you on a romantic date!

Worst gift: I didn't get the day off! You can sit by yourself at my place until I'm done at 2am!

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

shit comment but to be expected.

We just ALSO do it on valentines day, only maybe a little bit more than usually.