Poll: How big is the population

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Well, the line of text lacks context - first time I read it I read as the Void Elves having infinite numbers. But the way it is parsed (and paired with the line it follows), you could read it as the Void Elven regiment being overrun by the Horde, who appear as the endless ones in this specific context. No idea how it will actually play out until we can really see that part of the scenario.
    I interpreted it that the Void Elves maybe start to summon creatures of the Void? And this is the endless stuff?

The Void Elves... they just... their numbers are endless...
    They just could also indicate that the Void Elves just did something the person who says the quote can't believe. Like for example opening rifts to the Void to summon creatures from it, which would be an unbelievable and horrorfying act, both of power and in a morally sense that they are not above doing something like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I interpreted it that the Void Elves maybe start to summon creatures of the Void? And this is the endless stuff?

They just could also indicate that the Void Elves just did something the person who says the quote can't believe. Like for example opening rifts to the Void to summon creatures from it, which would be an unbelievable and horrorfying act, both of power and in a morally sense that they are not above doing something like this.
    That's definitely a possible construction - it looks like it's going to descend swiftly into a state of total war, so I doubt much will be left in reserve from an offensive standpoint.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    That's definitely a possible construction - it looks like it's going to descend swiftly into a state of total war, so I doubt much will be left in reserve from an offensive standpoint.
    I would hope it, because it would in terms of narrative the best to push the Void Elves. Giving them suddenly limitless numbers would be incredibly boring, while on the other hand showcasing that they can simply summon endless hordes of Void creatures would proof their usefullness to the Alliance and show off their power in terms of Void Magic.

I also would hope that we get a phase were the Lightforged show off their power during that battle.

It doesn't even have to be void creatures per say; they could have opened portals filled to the brim with alliance reinforcements. Imagine portals that brings fresh troops from the barracks of Stormwind, Ironforge, Feathermoon Stronghold, and the Exodar directly to the field of battle. The void elves' greatest military asset isn't their numbers; it's their ability to transport the entire combined alliance army at a whim.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Could also be a tongue-in-cheek joke about how many folks are rolling Void Elves.

I'm seeing them everywhere.
    It's funny how this would actually make most sense. I mean even with High elves added, calling Void elves numbers ENDLESS is just overblowing it. Could also be that the manner in which they enter the fray seemed "endless".

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletov View Post
    It's kind of a problem when you have to ignore literally everything that you read in order to justify playing them.
    That's just a you problem though.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I never knew Void Elves made people so mad. I don't really care to have them on the Alliance and would prefer these races be neutral but it seems to infuriate people.
    People on this forum are just incredibly bitter about everything. I don't get it either but it is what it is.

The Void Elves... they just... their numbers are endless...
    wtf blizzard...

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Should be around 100 very small population.
    I think it's at least around or a bit under 1,000. The exiles coming to the rift represent the growing population and I'll assume the original Void Elves cannot reproduce anymore.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Yes, that's my assumption as well

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

"The Void Elves... they just... their numbers are endless..."

There's the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    blah blah blah

how u gonna feel when alliance gets upright standing orcs?
    I would be angry because we shouldn't be mixing horde and alliance races. Void blood elves and orcs should be horde. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about that because it's dumb fan speculation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alidfe View Post
    That's just a you problem though.
    It's actually blizzard problem though.

10+ Year Old Account
    369 is their number. It does not change.

Their population is definitely larger than the one of Belves, I mean, it's endless.

At this point it's safe to assume that it's Belves who were exiled from the Rift, so they have to dwell in Silvermoon now.

Can't go wrong with "under or above 100,000k"!

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletov View Post
    It's actually blizzard problem though.
    How is you being bitter about the lore their problem? You're just looking for reasons to be upset.

Well, the line of text lacks context - first time I read it I read as the Void Elves having infinite numbers. But the way it is parsed (and paired with the line it follows), you could read it as the Void Elven regiment being overrun by the Horde, who appear as the endless ones in this specific context. No idea how it will actually play out until we can really see that part of the scenario.
    My suggestion is that there are 2 possible explanations:
    1) void works like twisting nether/fel/legion and sends them back into material world after they are defeated
    2) hamfistedly pushing them lorewise thru trolling all those who wondered where they get the numbers if it's just a band of exiles and HElves joining them. THEY ARE JUST ENDLESS. PERIOD. EAT IT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    blah blah blah

how u gonna feel when alliance gets upright standing orcs?

OT: id push closer to a 5000 elf mark. gotta imagine silvermoon has at least 100,000 elves living in it, so for a 20th of that to break off makes sense to me
    Ye, keep dreaming my boy 8)

It is stated during the Siege of Lordaeron that the numbers of the Ren'dorei are 'endless', 'infinite', so the correct option is above 100.000k.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Right off the bat, I would say under 100. However, don't forget that any Blood or High Elf that wants to study the Void can be welcomed by this group. So once it becomes known that there is another power source, other elves may seek it out and the population grows as we move into BFA and Beyond.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Void Elf recruitment drives must be a sight to behold - I'm imagining Umbric and Alleria gang-pressing the remaining High Elves to undergo the treatment. That would be for an interesting development, though I doubt many of them would be very keen - who knows, really?
    I can imagine them knocking to every elven door asking if they have time to talk about jesus void. And given the things they see and hear we can pretty much call them voidhova witnesses.