Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Yes. Like achievement mounts and titles, which were new expansion content, some of which was gated behind old expansion endgame. You know, exactly like allied races.
    I don't recall any time they've retroactively added new rewards you had to pay for to old content. Mind elaborating?
    Or transmog, which likewise, has content locked behind doing old expansion endgame.
    The same case.
    Or DKs, which were content locked behind old expansion content
    I've addressed that point multiple times. Instead of leveling new character from level 1 to level 80 you've leveled one character from level 1 to level 55, then another one from level 55 to level 80 which equals the same 80 levels you would have needed to gain anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    I don't recall any time they've retroactively added new rewards you had to pay for to old content. Mind elaborating?
    Wew, that's some sweet goalpost moving. You are paying for the system, just like raids, just like achievements, just like all the other content that requires you play the game.

I've addressed that point multiple times. Instead of leveling new character from level 1 to level 80 you've leveled one character from level 1 to level 55, then another one from level 55 to level 80 which equals the same 80 levels you would have needed to gain anyway.
    Except that the 80 is not the level 55, and you cannot use any of the items, rep progress, profession progress, bags, etc. That you gained on the first character. So it is exactly identical to the allied race case, where you cannot cannot use any of the items, rep progress, profession recipes, etc. That you gain from getting exalted with the allied race factions on your new character.

In the DK case, you leveled ""one"" character to max but have a "free" 55.
    In the allied race case, you leveled ""one character to max" but have a free 110.

The allied race situation is quite literally just a direct upgrade. Let me make this easier for you. There are two possible situations here.

1) You want both the old "unlock" character and the new "unlocked" one.

For Death Knights, this meant leveling a character to 55 through pre-Cata Vanilla to unlock DKs, and then finishing 55-58, and leveling through BC, and leveling through wrath to be max level for Wrath. And then doing the DK intro to 58, and leveling through BC and leveling through Wrath.

For Allied Races, this means getting exalted on the rep of the race in question and doing a couple quest lines, and then leveling through BFA to be max level for BfA. And leveling 1-120 on the allied race.

This means you leveled 1-80 (old character) and 55-80 (DK), for a total of 105 levels, 55 of which were Vanilla.
    The Allied race is leveling 1-120 (the allied race) +10 for the old character and doing the reps, for a total of 130+reps, in the new level-scaling system.

2) You just want the unlocked character.

For DKs, this meant leveling a character to 55 through pre-Cata Vanilla to unlock Dks, and then leveling the DK 55-80 to be ready for Wrath endgame.80

For an Allied race, this means doing the unlock, and then leveling the allied race 1-120 to be ready for BfA endgame.

This means you leveled 1-55 and 55-80 for a total of 80 levels (again, 55 of which were Vanilla). For your DK.
    And again, that you leveled 1-120 for the allied race, + reps.

In both situations, you are doing less work. Allied races are objectively less of a "gate" or waste of time than unlocking Death Knights. In the second situation, you also only have to level 10 levels to have another max level character if you decide you want it, rather than leveling through 25 levels. If you don't want that second max level character, 1-55+55-80 is still objectively more work than Allied race unlock + 120, and unlike the 55, you still get the major rewards (mounts, etc) from the old character on the new one.

I literally wrote "new expansion content is gated behind old expansion endgame".
    Except that it's not new expansion content. Every playable allied race is based in Legion, which is current content. When BFA launches, they will change the requirements. This is just a ploy to get you to preorder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Except that it's not new expansion content.
    logic, they will never understand you
    When BFA launches, they will change the requirements.
    No, they wont. they dont want everyone and his mom to have em so do the work or dont have em

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No, they wont. they dont want everyone and his mom to have em so do the work or dont have em
    I doubt that, honestly. There's nothing for Blizzard to gain when the requirements aren't used for direct profit anymore.

It's almost as if the game is designed around consistent play. Did people whine about having to have a level 58 character to unlock Death Knights too?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    It's almost as if the game is designed around consistent play. Did people whine about having to have a level 58 character to unlock Death Knights too?
    Not anywhere near this, because it predated instant gratification and was at a time when it was ujderstood that games had things you played to unlock and use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just unlocked Void Elves yesterday. And again the issue is at least in part the INSANE amounts of RNG involved. I almost never got argussian reach rep missions and they only had boa rep WQ one or two times while i was doing it. While army of light 3-4 times

My alt? Once ge unlocked argus missions last week? I see 1-2 argus missions every couple days at least.

Had i been farming rep on my alt would have been done with reach before even army of light.

Argis wq daily once or twice army of light 2-3

That is sheer rng right their. And THAT is the issue. Again give us a WAY to grind at our own pace instead of locking it away behind an rng timegate

You are paying for the system, just like raids, just like achievements, just like all the other content that requires you play the game.
    When did I have to pay for raids as a system or achievements as a system?
    -snip-
    I like how you pass reputations by as if they are the same as leveling. Leveling is the thing you do naturally because all the new content is always at level cap. The thing is, new expansion content never required you to do anything else, you've earned every reward in expansion doing content tied to said expansion. Allied Races are tied to BfA and forcing you to waste time on old dailies is nothing but stupid.
    Just in case you'll call me lazy or entitled.
    Except that it's not new expansion content.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/battle-for-azeroth
    https://i.imgur.com/1pD3Ki0.png
    Do you see 'six new playable Allied Races' here? Do you see void elves, highmountain tauren, nightborne and lightforged serving as an ad of new expansion? I do.
    Looking for Raid.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/battle-for-azeroth
    https://i.imgur.com/1pD3Ki0.png
    Do you see 'six new playable Allied Races' here? Do you see void elves, highmountain tauren, nightborne and lightforged serving as an ad of new expansion? I do.
    As I already said, it's used to entice people to preorder. Four of the six have nothing to do with BFA.

7+ Year Old Account
    Damn there are a lot of shills here haha
    “Whatever malice you carry I can match with seething fury.” ─ Nokonda
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

15+ Year Old Account
    Nobody, so I didn't pre-purchase, I just say that it's the first time that new expansion content is gated behind old expansion endgame content and that it's stupid decision.
    Did you know that they use Legion loading screens when going to the starter zones? It isn't new expansion content. It is current expansion content of a system designed for the new expansion.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I have expect there will use older rep or make new reps for older content races added to Allied Races.

I think if you're buying the game before it is officially released, you're out of your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Did you know that they use Legion loading screens when going to the starter zones? It isn't new expansion content. It is current expansion content of a system designed for the new expansion.
    Brawlers Guild uses Vanilla loading screen, guess it's Vanilla content.
    Looking for Raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Brawlers Guild uses Vanilla loading screen, guess it's Vanilla content.
    It uses the deep run tram loading screen because it isn't its own zone.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so how would it work if like me, you have no Alliance chars, but want to make one from the new allied races, you have the rep and quest requirments, but you cant do the unlock questline since you dont have anny alliance chars. Do I now need to make one and level to 110 for me to be able to unlock them or what is the scenario?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Ok so how would it work if like me, you have no Alliance chars, but want to make one from the new allied races, you have the rep and quest requirments, but you cant do the unlock questline since you dont have anny alliance chars. Do I now need to make one and level to 110 for me to be able to unlock them or what is the scenario?
    Yeah pretty much need a 110 ally to unlock em .

I jist used my free 110 on a horde character to get nightborne..underwhelmed with them wish they put nore work into it..void elves look decent though

Still can't play allied races for new players

New player. Bought the game to try it and the Vulpera was the race I wanted to play. I read on the website you had to recruit them, and you could play the game through a "revamped leveling experience" which sounded like exactly what I need being new.
    Then I played for awhile and then looked it up and found out I basically have to max this character just to re-do the entire thing again just to play the character I want to play.
    I submitted a refund request, just waiting on that but I figured after reading this I'd add to the topic and let ya'll know what a new player might feel.

I would post the webpage, but I'm still new on the forum. It was from the wow site talking about the allied races feature in Battle for Azeroth

We get it, it sucked. I always sympathized despite having to unlock them all the hard way myself. Just wait for Shadowlands and you can have them all available to you, and you'll be able to level 50% faster with the level squish. This is no longer remotely a justifiable complaint.