Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Activision Blizzard Studios are making a call of duty movie :/

http://au.ign.com/articles/2018/02/1...tivision-movie

Activision are taking their IP's to brand new heights...../gulp

It'll just be a war movie, there's no lore or visuals to adapt specifically from the games.

Other than maybe minor references to certain characters, it's just a name.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lets hope its more castlevania than doom in terms of video game to movie quality

Deleted
    Well Warcraft worked out so well /barf

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way to make this project work is if it features the Rock and Jason Statham.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Say what you want about CoD but I always felt they did a very good job on the SP side of things and enjoyed playing the campaign in every CoD to date, MP on the other hand is complete dog shit but I can see them being able to make a good movie if they take a few things from previous SP content.

I don't remember CoD having an actual story. I hope this isn't their alternative to make CoD over Warcraft movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Well Warcraft worked out so well /barf
    I was thinking the same thing.

COD doesn't have enough of a story in game to care about much less having to watch it. COD is entertain enough to play. Watching it in a theater is something I'd pass on and I don't even need a trailer to make that decision right now.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they're using this to get more practice in before going back and making another WarCraft.

So a budget version of Saving Private Ryan, basically. I really don't care, i won't have to spend money to see it.

Wouldnt it just be band of brothers with different names and places (or times). Really thats it.

Cloud Atlas military style?

They should base it on CoD:MW2 with that infamous "No Russian" airport scene.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Maybe they're using this to get more practice in before going back and making another WarCraft.
    Blizz has sold the movie rights for Warcraft to Legendary afaik. BUT Legendary hasn't given up on video game movies either, they are just producing
    another one from another game.

I feel like the western hemisphere is too old to adapt to this kind of thing. It will probably take another twenty to thirty years before video games
    are as accepted as graphic novels are.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I feel like the western hemisphere is too old to adapt to this kind of thing. It will probably take another twenty to thirty years before video games are as accepted as graphic novels are.
    My country (The Netherlands) didn't even show Presage Flower, yet I bet they'll show this CoD junk.
    reeeeeeeee

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Blizz has sold the movie rights for Warcraft to Legendary afaik. BUT Legendary hasn't given up on video game movies either, they are just producing
    another one from another game.

I feel like the western hemisphere is too old to adapt to this kind of thing. It will probably take another twenty to thirty years before video games
    are as accepted as graphic novels are.
    tbh I feel like it would be better to get the rights back and partner with someone like netflix or amazon to make a series for warcraft. But.... yeah /sadface

Soldier 1: ratta tat tat! *point blank range*

Soldier 2: Missed me! *Knifes enemy down"

If its a war based on the game, I hope it is a comedy.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Soldier 1: ratta tat tat! *point blank range*
    Soldier 2: Missed me! *Knifes enemy down"
    And all the soldiers are screaming at eachother, calling eachother names and making jokes about their mothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    And all the soldiers are screaming at eachother, calling eachother names and making jokes about their mothers.
    So just like real life, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    In every voice from little kids screaming, pre-teen voice cracking every other word to full grown men saying shit like "I fucked your mom last night bitch!"
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.