Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I can't tell if you guys are just RPing or if you actually give this much of a shit about the horde and alliance conflict...
    been 1 year for me. still can't tell, tbh. it's a mystery that will never be solved

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Alliance didn't come to an alien world and start slaughtering the Horde.

Why is it always the Alliance who should be the ones striving for peace when the Horde repeatedly probes them and has shown zero remorse for it's actions? Venerating the guy who enjoys the sound of Stormwind's civilians being tortured as their capital city. You like to cite Daelin, but you don't expect Alliance characters to be just as angry for the years of unprovoked war and slaughter at the Horde's hands? It's the same crap with Anduin now.

Let's look at Vanilla.

Alterac Valley? Frostwolves slaughter unawares Dwarf archeologists.
    Arathi Basin? Forsaken want Stromgarde's stuff for reasons.
    Warsong Gulch? Horde want the Night Elves turf.
    no but mutated titan robots and mutated trolls(aka night elves) tried to genocide trolls the natural race of azeroth born of her own blood.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Kashuri View Post
    There was an quest in Pandaria, in the Jade Forest, one of the first you do there, where Alliance Soldiers killed helpess Orcs in the water just for them being orcs and they hate orcs. The Horde Gunship was shot down by Alliance Forces for just being there.

The Alliance shot first often enough, get it kiddies.
    The Orcish mantra is "VICTORY OR DEATH!" and to quote Rogers, "You don't think they'll try and strangle you to death with their bare hands?" when they were swimming straight at the Alliance. If Orcish attempts at surrendering want to get taken seriously, maybe they ought to start shouting "VICTORY OR SOMETIMES DEATH, SOMETIMES SURRENDER!" instead. Then again Sylvanas is now Warchief and her response to every situation is to run away, so maybe they'll change the motto accordingly.

Also the Horde gunship was part of the Horde fleet that had just attacked Anduin's ship, so- yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Where was Daelin when the world was being invaded by demons?
    Looking for survivors in Lordaeron, then heard Jaina had went across the sea.

What gets me is people looking for logic in war.

Pick up a book.

- - - Updated - - -

The Orcish mantra is "VICTORY OR DEATH!" and to quote Rogers, "You don't think they'll try and strangle you to death with their bare hands?" when they were swimming straight at the Alliance. If Orcish attempts at surrendering want to get taken seriously, maybe they ought to start shouting "VICTORY OR SOMETIMES DEATH, SOMETIMES SURRENDER!" instead. Then again Sylvanas is now Warchief and her response to every situation is to run away, so maybe they'll change the motto accordingly.

Also the Horde gunship was part of the Horde fleet that had just attacked Anduin's ship, so- yeah.

Looking for survivors in Lordaeron, then heard Jaina had went across the sea.
    Point was kinda that the Orcs did certainly redeem themselves when they took part in saving creation.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    To be fair, in this situation the Alliance and Horde were already at war. Horde ships had run a royal flagship aground on Pandaria which happened to be carrying Anduin. It was fully understood that the Alliance was there to stop the Horde from killing him.

Doesn't make Genocide right, especially since those Orcs were unarmed and surrendering. But war is war. The Alliance couldn't know if the Orcs would betray them once aground.
    Still felt wrong just killing them like that. Of course Rogers couldn't know what the orcs would do, but as the Night Elf npc said, it was just wrong.

Genocide? Maybe not. Morally wrong? Totally.

It is war. But war also got rules. But hey its Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Yes they did, humans are not azerothian natives and they started killing trolls to steal their lands.
    Technically, humans were here before trolls it seems. There was no life on Azeroth before the titans constructs arrived and banish the elements which allowed life to flow through places like the vale and ungoro which again were created by the constructs. The demigods started showing up first then other living sentient.

At least that’s how it seems to go for me by reading the chronicle.

I personally was always in favor of trolls actually being a race of old gods servants that existed before the titans arrived. Or old gods pets....
    Last edited by alt-ithist; 2018-02-14 at 04:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Still felt wrong just killing them like that. Of course Rogers couldn't know what the orcs would do, but as the Night Elf npc said, it was just wrong.

Genocide? Maybe not. Morally wrong? Totally.

It is war. But war also got rules. But hey its Warcraft
    Since when does Azerothian wars have rules?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Technically, humans were here before trolls it seems. There was no life on Azeroth before the titans constructs arrived and banish the elements which allowed life to flow through places like the vale and ungoro which again were created by the constructs. The demigods started showing up first then other living sentient.

At least that’s how it seems to go for me by reading the chronicle.
    Old gods made slaves of the natives of Azeroth. So no, there was life before them.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Old gods made slaves of the natives of Azeroth. So no, there was life before them.
    Did you see I wrote "But hey its warcraft"? Means that those rules doesn't need to be applied to Warcraft

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasLehner View Post
    “Can your blood atone for genocide, orc?
    Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron.
    Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily?
    No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.”

— Daelin Proudmoore, 5 minutes before he stopped fighting the horde permanently.
    Fixed the quote for you

- - - Updated - - -

The made slaves of the native elementals. Azeroth was extremely chaotic before they arrived due to endless fighting of the elements because there was no life element. The badly Titan ate it all up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    no but mutated titan robots and mutated trolls(aka night elves) tried to genocide trolls the natural race of azeroth born of her own blood.
    Both are still native inhabitants, especially the Night Elves (being descended from Trolls still makes them native). Plus the Trolls tried to wipe out the Humans when they were at their weakest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    The made slaves of the native elementals. Azeroth was extremely chaotic before they arrived due to endless fighting of the elements because there was no life element. The badly Titan ate it all up.
    You are confusing life with spirit element.

No, curse of flesh'd titanforged constructs can't be native for definition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance didn't come to an alien world and start slaughtering the Horde.

Why is it always the Alliance who should be the ones striving for peace when the Horde repeatedly probes them and has shown zero remorse for it's actions? Venerating the guy who enjoys the sound of Stormwind's civilians being tortured as their capital city. You like to cite Daelin, but you don't expect Alliance characters to be just as angry for the years of unprovoked war and slaughter at the Horde's hands? It's the same crap with Anduin now.

Let's look at Vanilla.

Alterac Valley? Frostwolves slaughter unawares Dwarf archeologists.
    Arathi Basin? Forsaken want Stromgarde's stuff for reasons.
    Warsong Gulch? Horde want the Night Elves turf.
    Stop being dishonest. Majority of Alliance races aren't native to Azeroth, and they sure had no problem slaughtering native trolls. Don't see this as whataboutism, it's you being called out for double standard.

Your claims of Horde aggression are either purposely inaccurate or completely fabricated. It's evident from how you twist the background info for vanilla BGs.

Daelin attacked the Horde, all the following conflicts are built on the resulting I'll will he planted.

Deleted
    Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron.
    Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily?

— Daelin Proudmoore threatening Thrall.

Poor old man, this truly enlightened and future seer deserved better than his treacherous wench daughter and damn orcs, am I right? ;D
    "Like fools we clung to the old hatreds. And fought as we had for generations." - Warcraft 3 cinematic

Deleted
    And so you say, the actions are okay, cause it is war. But when Sylvie decides to do something to protect the Horde she is the pure evil.

Wow, in Germany we say Doppelmoral

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Daelin attacked the Horde, all the following conflicts are built on the resulting I'll will he planted.
    Horde invaded Azeroth, all the following conflicts are built on the resulting.

orcs invaded azeroth while being minions of the legion.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    orcs invaded azeroth while being minions of the legion.
    The Orcs were gleefully slaughtering the Draenei before they were corrupted by the Legion. There's every reason to assume they'd happily go invade Azeroth even without the Legion's direct influence.

Deleted
    Humans invaded azeroth which was all trolls land. all the following conflicts are built on the resulting.

Deleted

— Daelin Proudmoore threatening Thrall.

Poor old man, this truly enlightened and future seer deserved better than his treacherous wench daughter and damn orcs, am I right? ;D
    You know what a self-fulfilling prophecy is? If you treat people long enough as scum and bastards, they will at some point stop to care being good, and will become scum and bastards.