Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I like the direction, but while giving us more choice with one hand, they are taking away choice with the other(speaking cosmetically here, using pets for what they look like).

In a raiding/group scenario:
    a)if there is no hero/lust, you "must" bring a Ferocity pet. This means you have lost on 66% of the pet families. Yes this is a step up from current times, where you only have a few choices. But it still limits hunters.
    b)if there is a hero/lust, you likely(highly likely) will want to bring a Tenacity pet, as they give a whopping 10% max health, and another survivability cooldown. Again, you've lost 66% of the pet families. You like cats or raptors? Can't bring those. I mean, you can, but would you sacrifice 10% of your health and lose a survivability cooldown to change a transmog? Likely not in most scenarios.

Again, their direction is great. They've moved away from "best DPS spec" and "best utility on a few pets". The problem is, it's now "best utility spec" while forcing us into 1/3 of possible pets. There will still be one dominant pet spec being used, and it will greatly limit our choice of pets.

Ideal solution? Keep all these proposed changes, but allow pets to change specs. This way, we are no longer in any circumstance sacrificing any sort of power for a cosmetic choice. If we want to raid with two spiders, we should be able to and utilize the same benefits as someone raiding with two seagulls.

15+ Year Old Account
    10% max hp is way too strong compared to the other options.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    10% max hp is way too strong compared to the other options.
    In a raid/group environment, definitely. In general questing, Ferocity will be incredibly nice for the leech. Even Cunning for the bit of movement speed. They each have their own strengths, and they're pretty legit. It's just very limiting on our choices, and we're supposed to have whatever pet choice we want. They took one step forward, then another back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    In a raid/group environment, definitely. In general questing, Ferocity will be incredibly nice for the leech. Even Cunning for the bit of movement speed. They each have their own strengths, and they're pretty legit. It's just very limiting on our choices, and we're supposed to have whatever pet choice we want. They took one step forward, then another back.
    3% leech just isn't enough. 10% would be.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I have DEV question, if all pets are tanks and have growl or taunt-how do we not pull aggro from tanks in a group?

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    3% leech is horse shit. Especially for BM which has a vast majority of its damage done from non-Hunter sources.

SV has similar issues as BM, but not as severe. And MM plays without a pet.

So 3% leech is garbage tier, so is 8% movement speed. Meanwhile 10% EHP and 20% DR CD is invaluable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    3% leech is horse shit. Especially for BM which has a vast majority of its damage done from non-Hunter sources.

So 3% leech is garbage tier, so is 8% movement speed. Meanwhile 10% EHP and 20% DR CD is invaluable.
    Yup, goodbye choice!

Raiding? Tenacity
    World/Questing? Tenacity
    Pvp? Tenacity

10% HP and a CD? Too strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

I mean, that's my point(in a nut shell). I don't think leech/move speed is all that bad in isolation, but VS Tenacity, yeah. Tenacity is going to be a no brainer in most content, which is my issue. We've gone from no braining Brez/Lust pets to no braining Tenacity pets.

Quote Originally Posted by ringdele View Post
    I have DEV question, if all pets are tanks and have growl or taunt-how do we not pull aggro from tanks in a group?
    thisisbait.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Yup, goodbye choice!

Raiding? Tenacity
    World/Questing? Tenacity
    Pvp? Tenacity

In PvP, Cunning still might stand out. Master's Call is pretttttttty good, and the move speed certainly helps a bit. Guess it'd depend on what classes you're fighting.

And isn't the dispell from some families also too strong compare to all the others families' spells in a PvE setting ? Meaning that Stags and Spirit Beasts will be more useful than the others because they are both Tenacity with the dispell.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    And isn't the dispell from some families also too strong compare to all the others families' spells in a PvE setting ? Meaning that Stags and Spirit Beasts will be more useful than the others because they are both Tenacity with the dispell.
    Basically. Spirit Beast is going to be the go-to raid pet. Heal(minor), dispel/enrage removal, 10% max HP, survivability cooldown. It's nuts.

Yup. Hope everyone is ready to use nothing but stags and spirit beasts

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but cunning buffs only apply to the Hunter correct? Maybe they could make it more appealing by having cunning provide the buff to the whole raid (leech and movement speed).
    As far as tenacity, it is definitely looking to be the go to pet for everything right now. In a raid, lust/hero is brought by other classes, and the extra damage reductionand health are very strong. To offset it I can definitely see Blizz implementing it as is and then nerfing it to 1-2% extra health.
    I like that they are giving all specs the ability to tank/damage by giving them the same core abilities; but other factors to think of are things like if Wyverns are keeping their breath attack, do turtles keep their slam? If these are yes, then it's another factor to consider for raid encounters for extra damage, on top of the already mind jarring task of having the correct pets on hand for solo world content, solo old raid content, PVP, raids, and m+. I really hope Blizz expands the number of slots of pets we can keep on hand without making a lot of trips to the stables to swap things around constantly.

Deleted
    Monkey disorient? Shale Spider stun? Are you coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    Monkey disorient? Shale Spider stun? Are you coming back?
    One could hope, but I'm doubtful.

who the hell is in charge of the hunter pet changes?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    To say that it pisses me off that they're going back to the days of 'x pet is x spec only' would be a colossal understatement. Why anyone with a functional brain thinks less choice is a good thing, is beyond me.

This is a dealbreaker for me.
    technically more choice actuallty, as you are no longer forced into BM with a corehound if you want to hero...
    so sorry but its actuallty better...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Haven't they literally said we are getting Tranq shot back? In which case the pet ability would only save a GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Yup, goodbye choice!

Raiding? Tenacity
    World/Questing? Tenacity
    Pvp? Tenacity

As opposed to now where it's literally just a choice of Quillen/Moth/Crane or Corehound/Netherray (and whatever couple I forgot)?

The assumption that every fight/situation is going to require an offensive dispel is also absurd. You might want to wait and see what all pet classes/skins are included in the tenacity spec (1/3 would be a reasonable assumption) before you start hurling out unfounded statements of "lack of choice".

In fact, that amount of overreaction in this thread is well past the bounds of stupidity. People need to get a grip on their cognitive functions.