Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime
    It's so good for XP for the little time put in.
    There were some variables like a bit of rested XP, but it ran close to one level a clear. /follow two boxing isn't exactly high form, but I'd rather do that than slog through Cataclysm's left overs yet again. We had extra time with TBC, so I will happily skip over killing even one single helboar, and questing may look more worthwhile around MoP.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Don't normal Legion dungeons also have a 30m+ queue, though?
    Yep, because early levels in Legion (100/104-5) are an absolute pita to level as a healer, thanks to these wonky artifacts. Few healers = huge queues for everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is data driven.
    The only thing that helps is when the majority of players that hate the current timesink leveling unsub and leave their feedback within the unsub process. But we all know that this won't happen.

Good changes, because seeing level 30's in Argus invasion points standing at the entrance afk was a bit silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Piesor View Post
    Blizzard is data driven.
    The only thing that helps is when the majority of players that hate the current timesink leveling unsub and leave their feedback within the unsub process. But we all know that this won't happen.
    I've seen a few people say recently that they didn't even get the Feedback box when unsubbing.. Not sure if it's true since I've been unsubbed since Mid Legion, but who knows with Blizzard?

Quote Originally Posted by Autoriot View Post
    Good changes, because seeing level 30's in Argus invasion points standing at the entrance afk was a bit silly.
    Yeah you're right now we get back to watching a bunch of 110s standing there doing nothing instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    They have already given a time table, this timetable is faster then most expansions release after final content patch goes live.....This is all about blizzard listening to the loudest voices, which in this case was that leveling had been turned into poorly designed experience crowd. As for slogging through content, if you don't like pay for a level boost.....ahh you want all that fancy transmog gear.....Well as Blizzard has always said you get rewarded for time invested and they have made the leveling experience more interactive. They are not running late......if anything this stuff being released at this point they are ahead of schedule.

You will always find people who try to find the fastest way to get a job done,and if it is exploiting it does not mean that it is the right way. It is still to early to release the power leveling as there is still 6-7 months of this expansion left. The power leveling stuff will come with the horde vs alliance content. Power leveling existed in Vanilla, through tap leveling, when nobody had even finished the content once......you whole argument is dead.
    I mean, when leveling was broken I could've also said: "don't like it? Play another game."

Being dismissive of other's viewpoints or desires once you get what you want isn't really that impressive.

That aside, I don't think broken leveling is directly correlated to the speed of leveling. They fixed the broken leveling with scaling, they threw another increased XP requirement on top of that scaling, which is the part I'm criticizing. It's not either-or.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    There were some variables like a bit of rested XP, but it ran close to one level a clear. /follow two boxing isn't exactly high form, but I'd rather do that than slog through Cataclysm's left overs yet again. We had extra time with TBC, so I will happily skip over killing even one single helboar, and questing may look more worthwhile around MoP.
    This isn't multi-boxing it is about using glitching one account so you can use two characters.

It is explained in this video. I'm not sure whether it is an exploit or not. But the xp is off-the-charts fast compared to questing/grinding lfd.

10+ Year Old Account
    @tastaron You seem to be addressing something different than I was, I can't tell since the Great Firewall isn't going to let me load a Youtube video.

I specifically am using two accounts that were merged under one battletag when those came out. For example, bungee@123456.com with WoW1 and WoW2. No glitch is involved in what I'm doing, something similar has been routine for RAF for ages.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    • The Wormhole Argus Generator now requires 110
    • If a max level is present in a dungeon with you then you get less xp
    • Mass mob farming via 110 yields less xp
      And so many more!

The problem isn't the people doing the glitches/bugs/w.e you wish to call them it's that the majority is actively complaining that XP reduction is a huge mess right now and are finding ways around it.
    Revert the heirloom change or things will get far worse with the majority.

Main problems with leveling atm:
    XP gain even with heirlooms equipped is very low
    Scaling is great but offers very little reward in return
    Draenor is severely overtuned, broken and bugged in some spots even.
    Exp reduction seems to be just because of hertiage armor being a reward making leveling other races feel even less rewarding.

Sources:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761737498
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761797505
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761747495
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761747520
    Blizzard Worker 1: Boss people are still leveling and not buying Boosts
    Blizzard Boss: Find out what they are doing and nerf it, IN TO THE GROUND

lmao glad i did it before the hotfix.60-90 in 8 hours with my other account farming dungs.Did they nerf only xp from trash or xp from complete dung aswell?Because that thing still gives 4-5 bars

Seems like they just nerfed dungeon boosting mob xp on EU, went from getting 2k/mob to 200/mob in Hellfire Ramparts about 10 mins ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ylera View Post
    Seems like they just nerfed dungeon boosting mob xp on EU, went from getting 2k/mob to 200/mob in Hellfire Ramparts about 10 mins ago.
    Can confirm - was getting 500xp a mob in RFC @lvl 30 last night, this morning, 88xp a mob.

I just want the effing heritage armor...I don't actually want to play this character. I wish I knew the motivation behind wasting people's time with pointless necessities. If there's a faster way to level by using 2 accounts or having a friend carry you, then so what...It's not game breaking...leveling is a means to an end, it's not why most people play this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the overuse of the word "majority" in those kind of posts without any proof and numbers. The majority are really not on those forums complaining about last patch! I'm pretty sure that the majority are just happy or dont care that much about those changes.
    Last edited by riptal; 2018-02-14 at 07:52 PM.
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    What is the point of having a max level if you get there in a few days time? If you get bored of leveling, stop making alts?
    Are you really serious? People who reroll do that to try new classes in end game, not to “enjoy” again a content they have seen 474848 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Capsloch View Post
    Can confirm - was getting 500xp a mob in RFC @lvl 30 last night, this morning, 88xp a mob.

I just want the effing heritage armor...I don't actually want to play this character. I wish I knew the motivation behind wasting people's time with pointless necessities. If there's a faster way to level by using 2 accounts or having a friend carry you, then so what...It's not game breaking...leveling is a means to an end, it's not why most people play this game.
    But what about completion? That's where most of it came from

RFC is such a pain to go through stockades is such a luxury :P.

I dont get it why people are complaining about the levelling. The armor is supposed to be the reward for the levelling. Levelling from 20-110 actually requires alot less work than alot of other things in this game and still there seems to be alot of people complaining how they dont want to work for the armor.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    RFC is such a pain to go through stockades is such a luxury :P.
    If you have one, 110 Arcane mage, bear tartare and chrono shift, run through RFC in less then 2 min, tele to org and restart. Not nearly as fast as stocks (can finish in 45 seconds or so) but definitely not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    But what about completion? That's where most of it came from
    The completion xp is the same, but instead of getting 75% of a level every run, you now get 15% - the amount of times I can run RFC in 1hr exceeds 20...so I hit dungeon cap and gain less levels in the amount of time spent.

Why nerf it at all? There's no need to nullify a method to boost a character like this...if someone wants to actually level their character they will, if they don't want to actually level the character and have 2 accounts or a friend, let them do their thing. It doesn't affect anyone else, so what's the big deal...