Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    you people are all cheering the death of another human being.

disgusting
    That's the way the greatest heroes are born. That's how true winners look. And that's why the lion doesn't care but we do. That's human.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    1) I am a white South African
    2) I am actively involved in anti-poaching (ie I have operated the tracking systems in the KNP and assisted in the apprehension of actual poachers)

That makes your assessment of my motivations somewhat idiotic.
    Lol, find many westerners poaching, huh?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Let me break it down.

Billions of intelligent animals being slaughtered yearly. I think that is just as much of a travesty as something going extinct. Extinction is a part of life, it's happened before us and will happen after us. We happen to be an extinction event of our own so we should try minimize that but the reality is many species are going to be/have already been wiped out by us. Elephants and Rhinos will probably survive so long as we can maintain captive populations. They will continue to exist as long as people care.

I'm wasting time trying to put this in perspective. It's basically colonists fault that they are almost dying out.

I will guarantee you plenty of people will sacrifice their lives to save the last of these animals if they can, if i had the means to I would.

I'm not assuming you're stupid, this is the problem you're going to run into with your ideals, you're assuming that because I have a point to make that I'm unintelligent. I understand what you're saying and I mostly agree. It's just you refuse to acknowledge the fact that Europeans created this situation in the first place that i'm hung up on.
    It's "colonialists" fault? This isn't the 19th century, when you address a problem, it should be current and not dusty books. So, Europeans created Chinese "medicine" huh? Those colonial ghosts bullying Chinese to maintain this trade
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2018-02-14 at 05:11 PM.

Deleted
    Rofl no it does not. It puts it in perspective.
    No it gives current purpotrators and excuse.
    There's no use in putting an early 1900s perspective of a 2018 problem unless you want to obfusticate the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not today bitch! -Lion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laozi View Post
    I've spent the past few pages arguing with him. He is essentially and Asian apologist. Doing all he can to deflect the blame from Chinese culture by pointing at colonial history. He forgets that this is 2018 you can change the past but that's no excuse for continuing the practise.
    He seems a bit indoctrinated...Chinese apologist I suppose, there is no Asia really.

Sucks to suck.
    120 | 110 | 110 | 110 | 101 | 101 | 101 | 100
    91 | 91 | 80 | 70 | 70 | 60 | 60

disgusting
    grow up , world is not full of fairy tail.
    Not every human being deserve to live for its crime, not referring to the poacher who was eaten

Quote Originally Posted by andy123456 View Post
    grow up , world is not full of fairy tail.
    Not every human being deserve to live for its crime, not referring to the poacher who was eaten
    telling me to grow up doesn’t change the fact that you and everyone else here is celebrating the death of another human being that killed an animal. it’s not like it was genocide or anything.

disgusting

Deleted
    Not a he.

Also no I'm just trying to dispel this idea that the extinction of these animals is the fault of the Chinese or other Asian cultures because Colonists are the one that made them endangered in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

No its doesn't. And yes it is important to note that most of these animals were killed by or for Colonists. It's not obfuscating at all. Animals becoming endangered is something that has a myriad of factors. The more you understand it the better
    The extinction of these animals is the fault of the Chinese and Asian culture's. Because the world has stopped and they didn't. If not for them still driving demand today we wouldent still have a crisis.

Many straws break a camel's back but it's the last that gets the blame.

There extinction will rest on there shoulders for generations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    He seems a bit indoctrinated...Chinese apologist I suppose, there is no Asia really.
    Yea seems extremely desperate to shift the attention away from where the issue is in 2018. I can only assume in some vain attempt to defend a disgusting and abhorant practise in Chinese culture because they have some fallacious notion that cultures are some how sacred and should free from criticism and blame no matter the atrocity they spawn.

disgusting
    7.6 billion or so humans on the planet, less than 20,000 lions. Damn right people cheer when the lions eat the hunters.

telling me to grow up doesn’t change the fact that you and everyone else here is celebrating the death of another human being that killed an animal. it’s not like it was genocide or anything.

disgusting
    Actually it is genocide of sorts, encroaching on the last populations of lions and killing them.

disgusting
    do you have problem in understanding simple English ???
    please do quote my post in which i was celebrating the death of poacher.

Deleted
    Colonists are the ones who decimated these populations. It worth keeping that in mind. Before you get all angry at Asians.

Tigers have always been rare and the expansion of human habitats and their attacks on people are have what led to much of their decline. Much like why you don't find wolves or bears in the UK.
    I see...

In 1959, during the PRC's Great Leap Forward, Mao Zedong declared South China tigers as enemies of man, and began organising and encouraging eradication campaigns. By the early 1960s, Chinese tigers had been reduced to just over 1,000 animals. A decade later, their range was reduced to three regions in southern China, two of which were located in the Jiangxi Province.
    those pesky colonialists...

Deleted
    Yes we would. It wouldn't be as dire but they would still be critically endangered.

That's a dumb fucking saying. All the straws deserve some blame.

I live in a country where 6o% of endemic species have been wiped out most of that due to European Colonists. Nobody really gives a shit. Humans are going to wipe out many more species as our population grows. It's sad but it's a fact of life.
    Now your flipping to the extinction is fine argument? Seriously due you have no morals at all?

At this point you argument really is as empty as your head.

- - - Updated - - -

Whatever dude riel on your high horse without any understanding of Asian culture. You're not doing anything to help.
    At least the won't kill my high horse so they can eat it's dick and rube it's hoof dust up there bum.

Deleted
    Whatever dude riel on your high horse without any understanding of Asian culture. You're not doing anything to help.
    There is no "asian culture", you cannot simply copy-paste how people speak of europe to asia.

Deleted
    Also I've spent 2 working holiday's volunteering for conservation efforts and donate 10% of my salary to conservation charity's. OK I mostly focus on wolves and birds of prey but also any conservation society gets my time.

What do you do for them again when your not defending the culture that's putting the last bullet in them as the rest of try to pick them up?

- - - Updated - - -

Then population before that was only around 2000. As I said human encroachment and their attacks on people have led to their decline.

- - - Updated - - -

No I'm saying it's not the first or the last time species will go extinct . I'm trying to point out the tragic impact colonialism had on endemic species but again the point went over your head

Nice prejudice you threw in there
    An impact were trying to reverse if not for the toxic culture of China still creating a demand for there body parts.

We live in 2018 catch up ffs. You can't excuse what's happening now because people did it befor.

Deleted
    Then population before that was only around 2000. As I said human encroachment and their attacks on people have led to their decline.
    Nope, says right here it was double that, and that was more than the current entire tiger world population..and that is not a few considering its one sort of tigers. They could have bounced back but you didn't want that.

The South China tiger population was estimated to number 4,000 individuals in the early 1950s. In the next few decades, thousands were killed as the subspecies was hunted as a pest. The Chinese government banned hunting in 1979. By 1996 the population was estimated to be just 30-80 individuals.

Today the South China tiger is considered by scientists to be “functionally extinct,” as it has not been sighted in the wild for more than 25 years.

https://www.worldwildlife.org/species/south-china-tiger
    But hey, lets extinct all other tigers and blame the white man!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    At least he died doing what he loved.
    Well, right up until the being eaten part, anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Nope, says right here it was double that, and that was more than the current entire tiger world population..and that is not a few considering its one sort of tigers. They could have bounced back but you didn't want that.

But hey, lets extinct all other tigers and blame the white man!
    To litteraly eat there dicks. They kill tigers because there penis is a delicacy. And the bones are for medicine.

Like that is just fucked up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Well, right up until the being eaten part, anyway.
    Mabie he liked getting eaten out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laozi View Post
    Mabie he liked getting eaten out
    Or he could've been a vore fetishist. In which case he was probably better off dead, poacher or not.