15+ Year Old Account

I don't think they should go through with BfA storyline

The story is a dozen more steps backward compared to Legion. they just reduced the expansion to a very pointless faction warfare and the way they've written the story just flies in the face of everything.

first of all, Alliance poses no real threat to the Horde and yet Sylvanas pulls a Garrosh and suddently nukes Teldrassil to "secure the future for the horde's children." what future? Teldrassil isn't threatening the future of Horde, Horde already controls a major portion of Kalimdor. Theramore is no longer threatening the horde either. so why nuke Teldrassil and start a war? what purpose does it serve?

Sylvanas is NOT Garrosh, Garrosh's actions were driven by his vision of a true horde with just Orcs in power, he was an idealist and an authoritarian figure. Sylvanas is a survivalist, She might be an amoral character and sometimes even evil. she might be selfish and self centered, but her actions are not driven by a vision of a world free of the living. she is only in it for herself and for her to survive she needs her people and the horde.

I would've LOVED the new expansion if it was based on the theory that Teldrassil needed to be destroyed to save Azeroth, but it appears that this is not the case. think about it, how likable Sylvanas and Horde's story could've been if they were forced to destroy Teldrassil out of neccessity and not out of some pointless vision of a kalimdor controlled by the horde. remember why the Tushui and the Huojin joined seperate factions in the first place? the tushui valued careful thinking and taking the best decision after gathering all the facts and analysing the entire situation while the huojin think that sometimes drastic measures have to be taken before it's too late. now both sides are not wrong in here, and I can see how each individual may root for different factions.

The horde could've burned Teldrassil to save us all while the Alliance side would refuse to go through with it until they have all the evidence and all the facts, but by then there might not have been an Azeroth to save. The Alliance would then see this action not as a heroic move to save Azeroth but as a cowardly attack on innocent lives, this would've added a great deal of depth to how each side perceives and responds to a crisis.

But alas, I think it was too complex for Blizzard writes to make it work, so I guess we're butting heads again over Garrosh 2.0's vision of a "great horde".

Broadcast text implies Sylvanas wanted to capture Teldrassil, not burn it. We dont know how it burns. We don't have the full story so this entire topic is kinda jumping the gun for the sake of being negative.

Well, according to Blizz something that's been datamined recently isn't accurate, but we don't know what it is.

We also don't know why or who burnt the tree, the goal was to capture it and not to burn it down.

Please. We don't even know the storyline.

you are exactly right even if people here won't accept it. they honestly need to starcraft ghost this terrible idea for an expansion and start over.

the story isnt just illogical but they are setting up to actively ruin the horde identity, the night elves, the forsaken, among other things.

10+ Year Old Account
    blizz should just hide every story bullshittery like they hide cinematics
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    Broadcast text implies Sylvanas wanted to capture Teldrassil, not burn it. We dont know how it burns. We don't have the full story so this entire topic is kinda jumping the gun for the sake of being negative.

Pretty much this. Pointless negativity at this point.

/end thread
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    Maybe they are pulling a cloud like moment off final fantasy when he thought neibleheim burned but was all what he wanted to see.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    The story is a dozen more steps backward compared to Legion. they just reduced the expansion to a very pointless faction warfare and the way they've written the story just flies in the face of everything.

first of all, Alliance poses no real threat to the Horde and yet Sylvanas pulls a Garrosh and suddently nukes Teldrassil to "secure the future for the horde's children." what future? Teldrassil isn't threatening the future of Horde, Horde already controls a major portion of Kalimdor. Theramore is no longer threatening the horde either. so why nuke Teldrassil and start a war? what purpose does it serve?

Sylvanas is NOT Garrosh, Garrosh's actions were driven by his vision of a true horde with just Orcs in power, he was an idealist and an authoritarian figure. Sylvanas is a survivalist, She might be an amoral character and sometimes even evil. she might be selfish and self centered, but her actions are not driven by a vision of a world free of the living. she is only in it for herself and for her to survive she needs her people and the horde.

I would've LOVED the new expansion if it was based on the theory that Teldrassil needed to be destroyed to save Azeroth, but it appears that this is not the case. think about it, how likable Sylvanas and Horde's story could've been if they were forced to destroy Teldrassil out of neccessity and not out of some pointless vision of a kalimdor controlled by the horde. remember why the Tushui and the Huojin joined seperate factions in the first place? the tushui valued careful thinking and taking the best decision after gathering all the facts and analysing the entire situation while the huojin think that sometimes drastic measures have to be taken before it's too late. now both sides are not wrong in here, and I can see how each individual may root for different factions.

The horde could've burned Teldrassil to save us all while the Alliance side would refuse to go through with it until they have all the evidence and all the facts, but by then there might not have been an Azeroth to save. The Alliance would then see this action not as a heroic move to save Azeroth but as a cowardly attack on innocent lives, this would've added a great deal of depth to how each side perceives and responds to a crisis.

But alas, I think it was too complex for Blizzard writes to make it work, so I guess we're butting heads again over Garrosh 2.0's vision of a "great horde".
    *Acting as if the Faction War is the start and end of BFA because who would've thought an expansion would change a bit throughout* I mean Who would've thought we'd fight Titans at the end of Legion. They already confirmed the Heroes of the game fight Azshara so

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post

You literally do not even know the story yet. If you think "a story" (in general) is too complex for Blizzard, you haven't even been around. Even your implication points to the fact you don't know what's really happening. You still presume BFA is Horde vs Alliance and one of the factions is going to destroy the planet? Come now.

Sylvanas acts that way out of political jingoism. In addition she thinks and acts like she better than everyone else.

At this point I'm amazed that none of the other Horde personalities comes together and tells her that she's an idiot and they are going to disappear her and choose someone more competent as Warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the OP is missing a lot of the story here, particularly in the area of character development and logic behind an attack on Teldrassil.

First, we'll start with Sylvanas. She is not Garrosh and she is far more of a survivalist than any sort of conqueror, so why assault anything Alliance? The first thing to remember here is that while the Alliance may not be an immediate threat to the Horde, Genn is very much an immediate threat to Sylvanas. Genn also has the King's ear and is likely the main military commander at this point. Without another threat, Genn's quest for revenge very easily could kick into high gear at any point.

But both armies are weak right now. Sylvanas knows this, and likely understands how exposed that actually makes her. One proper SI:7 invasion, she might be back in the darkness. Separating the Alliance and Horde by an ocean might serve to build their numbers, but it serves just as much to preserve her from Genn's wrath. The war for her won't be over until either her or Genn is dead...Genn won't let it end any other way.

Why then assault Teldrassil? To the OP's point, the Horde mostly has Kalimdor, but the Alliance still has a strong base there in Teldrassil. A safe haven for troops, a place for mages to safely set portals up...and one shared with the Gilnean people. Teldrassil is dangerous to her survival for those reasons alone, not to mention how the Night Elves fight the Horde every time the Horde tries to gather resources in Ashenvale. Strategically speaking, Teldrassil is a problem waiting to happen for Sylvanas.

In the datamined dialogue, she specifically talks about capturing it, not destroying it. She still wants it to stand, she still values Teldrassil as is...she just doesn't want Alliance on her back porch bringing the war ever closer. With the Alliance weakened, now is as good a time as any to lock Teldrassil down for the Horde and block any Alliance interference.

In this sense, Sylvanas is not Garrosh 2.0. He was gathering strength to conquer and own all of Azeroth for his Horde, no matter who or what was in his way. Sylvanas on the other hand is acting out of isolation. Deal with the immediate problems, then you go to your corner and I'll go to mine.

This of course says nothing about Azerite, which itself seems oddly corrupting.