Thread: Demo Changes!

Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    I was watching Towelie show off Demo earlier today. The Demon commander indeed pulls everything and its mother within 40yards. That thing has no chill.
    Demonic answer for starfall?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulreaper9 View Post
    Are people not overstating the movement aspect? Many speak of summoned demons being like dots, therefore whilst your moving they are still doing damage, yes you are losing some damage whilst moving, but a high percentage of demo damage comes passively after the demons have been summoned. It requires a bit of planning as it does for destruction, often stutter stepping. It's not like Your just running around endlessly, we still have gateway/portal. Aside from affliction the days of warlock mobility have long gone and been reined in and I don't think they will revert that any time soon. In PvP it absolutely sucks balls
    Having both shard generators and shard spenders with hard casts means that any movement will delay refreshing the “dot” which is the main source of damage. Affliction isn’t affected as much because of the insta cast dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Gathiz View Post
    Having both shard generators and shard spenders with hard casts means that any movement will delay refreshing the “dot” which is the main source of damage. Affliction isn’t affected as much because of the insta cast dots.
    I think this is also a reason they added the instant cast imp swarm spell. If you are forced into movement you can use that to maintain the pack of imps blasting a way until you can stop and go back to casting. When you are not forced to move you mostly won't need it in raids as you will generate imps fast enough but it gives you options for start of the fight fast ramp up or if a fight has a lot of movement to help blunt dps dips when you have to run.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    I think this is also a reason they added the instant cast imp swarm spell. If you are forced into movement you can use that to maintain the pack of imps blasting a way until you can stop and go back to casting. When you are not forced to move you mostly won't need it in raids as you will generate imps fast enough but it gives you options for start of the fight fast ramp up or if a fight has a lot of movement to help blunt dps dips when you have to run.
    Thats a good point. Hopefully it won’t be as bad as I’m thinking, but I’m not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Gathiz View Post
    Thats a good point. Hopefully it won’t be as bad as I’m thinking, but I’m not holding my breath.

Yeah he's right, because it's just like any affliction dot without CD, and a lot stronger on movent demand than on rotation any time it is off cd!

Can I just say how much I hate Molten Core? I really don't get the point of an ability you can only use on a proc...

And if they must insist on using it it needs a much better visual effect. Something at least to set it apart from mage spells, as of right now it's literally just pyroblast. It needs a red or purple tinge to it. Make it look like dark, demonic fire.

Meh, i still think demo is a stupid spec...i rather have a few really strong demons than 10102193290238129310 pathetic ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Can I just say how much I hate Molten Core? I really don't get the point of an ability you can only use on a proc...

And if they must insist on using it it needs a much better visual effect. Something at least to set it apart from mage spells, as of right now it's literally just pyroblast. It needs a red or purple tinge to it. Make it look like dark, demonic fire.
    Demo will be able to use its green fire again which will be nice, I am sure soulfire will get a new animation.

Armory^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    Demo will be able to use its green fire again which will be nice, I am sure soulfire will get a new animation.
    Inb4 Blizzard refuses to update any of the green fire effects.

Wanna bet ?

It still looks like death-by-a-thousand-cuts.

I don't get why I'd want to do all this rigmarole, instead of casting 2-3 spells from another class or spec and do the same damage...

Deleted
    Demonic answer for starfall?
    Basically. Dunno if it's intended.
    LoS simply does not exist for this demon. It just lobs shadowbolts to everything that moves within a 40yard radius. If it stays like this it'll be fun in dungeons lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kronides View Post
    It still looks like death-by-a-thousand-cuts.
    That's usually the point of "summoner" specs in rpgs. Swarming your enemies with your minions.
    Last edited by mmoc1f998e34da; 2018-02-14 at 06:17 PM.

https://www.twitch.tv/towelliee

This guy is streaming Demo for anyone interested.

Looks like demon commander just pulled the entire screen into Sco's face lol.
    Last edited by Ibanism; 2018-02-14 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH0yrNlHpPA

at 2:00 i see a "new animation" for soulfire. Its like old soulfire, i like it

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Some very interesting ideas. And Inner Demons. Please don't let that go live, it sounds awful.
    it sounds kinda like a sustained ability, kinda like the wind thing from enhancement

Quote Originally Posted by pseudodraco View Post
    it sounds kinda like a sustained ability, kinda like the wind thing from enhancement
    It's just entirely passive. Doesn't sound fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibanism View Post
    https://www.twitch.tv/towelliee

This guy is streaming Demo for anyone interested.

Looks like demon commander just pulled the entire screen into Sco's face lol.
    tnx!

molten core proc is very very high ATM

AGGRO commander LOL! :P
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2018-02-14 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
    Too incomplete to really gauge how its meant to be played. Imp swarm in its current form seems unneeded bloat. Not a very engaging button to press every 45 seconds just cause.

Soulfire and moltencore are nice touches

Imps lasting until they actually use their dmg instead of fixed timers is nice too.

DE seems to be here still.

Still not much to really comment on. But I like what i see so far. The core of what is live is still here with added benefits.
    watched a vid from Not, demonic empowerment is not in the spellbook, but mastery still references it so demo is definitely not done

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH0yrNlHpPA

at 2:00 i see a "new animation" for soulfire. Its like old soulfire, i like it
    It does look new, but it also looks alot like the pyroblast animation from fire mage, could be a placeholder. Fingers crossed.

Armory^

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    It's just entirely passive. Doesn't sound fun.
    oh that's lame. they could've had fun with that. make it a toggle thing, and like little fel sparks fly around you, eventually forming a portal for an imp and/or other demon to come out and attack

Still a little upset we (as masters of demons) haven't progressed past spawning imps and lesser demons. Even the Commander is still a lesser demon compared to some of the other demonology warlocks we have beaten in the game (good old Kanrethad), we've even lost Doomguard?...... Blizzard said a while ago that we wouldn't get a Pit Lord or anything major because they are the best of the best and only a select few exist, It wouldn't make sense. How many random high demons have we killed in Legion?......

Heres hoping that the changes continue for the best. The main thing I would love to see is the non-time based Imps we had in MOP return (if we are stuck with spawning them)