Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Gotta be honest here, as a WWE fan and fan of pro wrestling in general I don't like this.

Her UFC accomplishments don't mean **** when she's changing career, she's nothing more than a celebrity fan of WWE who's used their fame to barter their way into a position they are woefully inexperienced for. WWE are pushing her hard because of the PR her involvement will generate, despite her being a total beginner who will need carrying/walking through matches (matches that will undoubtedly suffer because of it). At the same time she will be stealing the spotlight from significantly more talented performers who have spent years honing their skills.

We've been down this road before, it was called David Arquette and it was widely considered to be one of the worst things to ever happen to the industry.
    its like CM Punk doing mma. embarrassing but enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    do adults actually watch anime?
    Lol KOed him with that faster than any UFC fighter has ever been. No come back to that. Like I said in the avatar thread, if you are gonna have one, think long and hard about it before posting and trying to look smart.

Gotta be honest here, as a WWE fan and fan of pro wrestling in general I don't like this.

Her UFC accomplishments don't mean **** when she's changing career, she's nothing more than a celebrity fan of WWE who's used their fame to barter their way into a position they are woefully inexperienced for. WWE are pushing her hard because of the PR her involvement will generate, despite her being a total beginner who will need carrying/walking through matches (matches that will undoubtedly suffer because of it). At the same time she will be stealing the spotlight from significantly more talented performers who have spent years honing their skills.

We've been down this road before, it was called David Arquette and it was widely considered to be one of the worst things to ever happen to the industry.
    Holy shit was david arquette a wrestler at one point? that is hilarious.

Looking it up he even won the belt lol....

How did i not know this. That is amazing

Deleted
    Ah yes, the WWE. Where the women look like a man and the men dress like a women

All I remember about her was she was at the top of the game with some wins. She went up against this girl who had really long arms and was a boxer.

The girl punched her right in the face.

That was the end of Ronda.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Do Adults actually WWE?
    10/10 Savage.

Rektd.
    Last edited by dvaz; 2018-02-14 at 06:31 PM.

That's how Wrestling works, though. If you have a draw you use them, no matter how bad they are in the ring ( cough cough Rock, Austin, Hogan )

10+ Year Old Account
    isn't there a sports section for stuff like this?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mac View Post
    its like CM Punk doing mma. embarrassing but enjoyable
    Nah, you can make a bad wrestler look good. See Braun Strowman, who people think is the greatest thing since sliced bread even though he's green as grass and has 3 moves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    isn't there a sports section for stuff like this?
    Wrestling isn't sport.

I can't help but think of how she spoke of the WWE in this promo for SNL in 2016.

"We actually fight and don't wear costumes."

I'm happy she's going to continue to have a career ahead of her, and I'm sure she'll do well in the WWE. But, this was the first thing that came to mind.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no way she signs to WWE and isn't made into a leading face/heel.

I can see her as a better heel personally, but I think it's pretty much guaranteed that she's going to go on a tear.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the first time I appreciate a the game's post.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I can't help but think of how she spoke of the WWE in this promo for SNL in 2016.

"We actually fight and don't wear costumes."

I'm happy she's going to continue to have a career ahead of her, and I'm sure she'll do well in the WWE. But, this was the first thing that came to mind.
    MMA people are characters too. Connor Mcgregor shits on WWE all the time in interviews/social media but he's actually a huge fan.

By talking shit he uses his fame to put the spotlight on WWE as well. Connor isn't a wrestler but he has a wrestler's mind, he knows how to work the marks and make use of social media to gain relevance ( for him and for WWE ).

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    Holy shit was david arquette a wrestler at one point? that is hilarious.

Looking it up he even won the belt lol....

How did i not know this. That is amazing
    mostly he was in a movie about wrestling. But I think he had a short run in WCW back in the 90's after that movie came out. didn't last long though.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    Are there still Ronda Rousey fans out there?
    Why wouldn't there be?

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    She also plays WoW, primarily as a night elf hunter. Thats pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    She also plays WoW, primarily as a night elf hunter. Thats pretty cool.

Hah, a woman who refuses to adhere to the Healer stereotype.

Bet I could beat her tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Do Adults actually WWE?
    Says the person with an anime avatar on a MMO video game message board? The irony

She has the persona to make it in WWE, she made the right choice to end her MMA career. She had real talent, I think she believed her hype too much and too many yes men were surrounding her, when that illusion got shattered it broke her... Fascinating to watch, because it's like she forgot how to fight, like it was a different person mentally after that first loss.

But yeah, she will make big money for the WWE and herself.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4