Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It all depends on the woman/significant other.

My wife makes much more than I do but loves me as much as she did on day 1 (going on 11 years now). Wife ain't a sugar mama either, lol.

It is just a matter of having a healthy balance, trust and top-rate communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    It's not easy to just drop a relationship and then find a perfect match right after.
    It's better than raising kids in a shitty marriage. I'm 36 and in no hurry to marry. I could be 45 and still marry and have kids. I'd rather meet the right woman than just pick whichever one brings me there under some random time stamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    How in the world do guys like you make this shit up, seriously?
    That guy is clearly warped in the head and does not know women. That only applies to gold diggers and that goes to both men and women.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...-dear-mariella

Interesting dilemma here for sure.
    Obviously it's great that he is choosing a job for work life balance but it ends up with her being the breadwinner really. I'm not sure how that would play with her friends and family.

He's hoping to have kids by the time he is 40. What if the relationship falls apart though..
    Well hes not going to have any kids. I am taking bets that she will leave him in a year's time.

Deleted
    He's not getting any younger. He wants to have kids. It's not easy to just drop a relationship and then find a perfect match right after.
    Why have any match with a high personal income to u can adopt as a single if u want a kid.

This idea that there's any shame in being independent is antiquated.

More and more men and some women are chasing not to have relationships anymore so it's not anything new or crazy

10+ Year Old Account

Obviously it's great that he is choosing a job for work life balance but it ends up with her being the breadwinner really. I'm not sure how that would play with her friends and family.

He's hoping to have kids by the time he is 40. What if the relationship falls apart though..
    If your relationship is so fragile that it crumbles due to who has the higher income, then it was not meant to be.

A relationship is not a competition, it is compromise and teamwork.Also, a relationship is also not for others to decide. So friends and family be damned if they have a problem with one the wife making more money than the husband.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Man kinda loses respect if he is not the bread winner. Fuckin 2018 and we are still mentaly in caves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    I’d think the moment the woman I love becomes competition rather than being on the same team then it’s time to end the relationship.
    ^ This guys gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    That guy is clearly warped in the head and does not know women. That only applies to gold diggers and that goes to both men and women.
    Yup, and people like him, for some reason, act like gold diggers are "all women". Those people really need to step out of their thought-bubbles and interact with humans lol.

How in the world do guys like you make this shit up, seriously?
    Because alot of Women look for successful men (the top 20%) and not anything less. Most women will not even look at you if you earn less than them or if you are not very successful. But they want to have backup men (eg: the Beta Males, or the friend zoned guys).

He's not getting any younger. He wants to have kids. It's not easy to just drop a relationship and then find a perfect match right after.
    No, he isn't getting any younger...so he probably shouldn't waste time with someone that puts money over his health. If she's going to dump him over that...he's better off without her.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Traditionalist relationship standards continue to be disturbing and weird, more at 11.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Yup, and people like him, for some reason, act like gold diggers are "all women". Those people really need to step out of their thought-bubbles and interact with humans lol.
    They never have an answer when confronted with situations where a woman doesn't fulfill their myopic worldview. It means their own experience pools are very shallow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I chalk it up to them being teens who haven't experienced relationships outside of highschool sweethearts, and questionable intoxicated sexual relations. Outside of that, they learn from TV and the internet.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is literally the most misogynistic thread i've ever read. I'm disgusted this is even being discussed on MMO-C. Jesus christ. The things some of ya'll are saying are absolutely horrifying. This may actually get me to close my account and never come back to this site. I need to think about this. I can't believe a moderator hasn't shut it down yet.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Why is he working so hard for such shit money is my first question.
    Public sector jobs tend to pay less but have much better benefits such as guaranteed pensions, health care, etc.
    Doesn't sound like this person is particularly sophisticated and looking at base salary alone is rather naive unless they can't live on their combined salaries.

The expectation that a man makes more than a woman is real. There is a whole evolutionary psychology basis for women wanting a mate who can provide for them. so his fear is justified. Talking to his love about it should be the obvious solution.

As an aside, as women continue to become better educated (relative to prior generations of women and to men in general) and achieve parity with men pay-wise, their pool of candidates shrink. As a result there are oodles of single, bitter career women in New York City hanging out with their single friends wondering where all the good males are. It is kind of sad actually.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Because alot of Women look for successful men (the top 20%) and not anything less. Most women will not even look at you if you earn less than them or if you are not very successful. But they want to have backup men (eg: the Beta Males, or the friend zoned guys).
    Three of my closest friends are married/engaged to men that make less than them, hell, most of my family has the women making more than the men at this point. Idk where you live, but I feel it isn't reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Because a few Women look for successful men (the top 20%) and not anything less. Few women will not even look at you if you earn less than them or if you are not very successful. But they want to cheat on those rich men with other men who will provide them with something more than cash.
    Modified for the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    It's kinda like the "Size doesn't matter" saying. OF COURSE money isn't important to a relationship, nor do women tend to gravitate to richer\powerful men.

Size only matters relative to how big the vagina is, though.

Always found it funny how the onus is on men to be bigger instead of it being on the women to be tighter.

Three of my closest friends are married/engaged to men that make less than them, hell, most of my family has the women making more than the men at this point. Idk where you live, but I feel it isn't reality.
    Good for them, and i forgot to mention, doesnt apply to all women.