Poll: How big is the population

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I have to guess I'd say no more than three digits.

Deleted
    Defined by lore or by server population? because depending on the second their number are infinite and uncountable *rolleyes*
    Lorewise: I would say less than 200.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren-dorei View Post
    It is stated during the Siege of Lordaeron that the numbers of the Ren'dorei are 'endless', 'infinite', so the correct option is above 100.000k.
    They aren't talking about their numbers but about their cringe. Which makes me think, seeing something as cringeworthy as void elves must be super demoralising for alliance troops who fight alongside them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alidfe View Post
    You're just looking for reasons to be upset.
    Your just a troll who offers no counterpoint to what I said and is instead trying to discredit my argument by questioning my motives.

It is stated during the Siege of Lordaeron that the numbers of the Ren'dorei are 'endless', 'infinite', so the correct option is above 100.000k.
    So that means there are millions of blood elves good to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    "The Void Elves... they just... their numbers are endless..."

There's the answer.
    Unless their population does not even have a finite number, pretty sure it's not.

Sounds a bit underwhelming. What about ten gorillions of Void Elves? Pretty obvious at this point that Warcraft's races are just a finely crafted illusion and there's an elf behind every single one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

wtf is this quote?

"The Void Elves... they just... their numbers are endless..."

I thought the Void Elves were like 20 people.

I did the scenario and i would be surprised if there was more than 100!

Belf populations wasnt exactly that big to begin with and those who dabbled in the void cant be that huge even with the limitations of the scenario when it comes to showing population.

Unless Velfs have found a way to procreate and to maturate at a increased rate thanks to the void then i cant see it being very large pop wise.

It's so beautiful how one line of dialogue we don't even have the context for has created so much salt and butthurt.

XD

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    It's so beautiful how one line of dialogue we don't even have the context for has created so much salt and butthurt.

XD
    Hey the reason we are here is to debate every scrap of info we get otherwise it would be pretty fucking boring forum.

If the Void Elves were summoning various terrors, fiends and whatnot from the void, I highly doubt the person in the dialogue would refer to them specifically as "Void Elves".

$5 that they use some void mumbo jumbo to reincarnate a good chunk of the fallen 90% of Helfs who died in WC3.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I'm guessing under one hundred to one thousand members. They're probably on par with the Gnome population.
    I think it is the biggest one. ( of the new ones)
    I think it goes ( right now): Void, Night, Tauran....and 1 or 2 lightforged.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporebat View Post
    Hey the reason we are here is to debate every scrap of info we get otherwise it would be pretty fucking boring forum.
    I know, but some of the Horde angst about the dialogue has been magnificent. And they surely had no issues reveling in Alliance complaints for years now.

I think I'm going to start archiving some of the angrier, more angsty responses from folks here and in other forums about this. Maybe put together a "best of" collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Well, the line of text lacks context - first time I read it I read as the Void Elves having infinite numbers. But the way it is parsed (and paired with the line it follows), you could read it as the Void Elven regiment being overrun by the Horde, who appear as the endless ones in this specific context. No idea how it will actually play out until we can really see that part of the scenario.
    The way I read it was that the Void Elves were possibly summoning endless void things. In my head I just assumed it'd be those little aberrations that you could see in some of the tempest keep dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    The way I read it was that the Void Elves were possibly summoning endless void things. In my head I just assumed it'd be those little aberrations that you could see in some of the tempest keep dungeons.
    A few other people thought the same way above, and it's definitely possible. Would be a hell of a tactic to unleash on an already chaotic field of battle, too.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    A few other people thought the same way above, and it's definitely possible. Would be a hell of a tactic to unleash on an already chaotic field of battle, too.
    But why would the person in the dialogue refer to them specifically as Void Elves? Void fiends/monstrosities and Void Elves are two very different things.

10+ Year Old Account
    From that new text we can assume either there are a fuck ton of void elves or a few void elves fucking around void powers....

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    ^I second this

- - - Updated - - -

.....wait that's a thing now?!
    so many salty horde on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Vlindrel View Post
    Ye, keep dreaming my boy 8)
    the last thing i want in my alliance is orcs, you can have em
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    Enough that High Elves would be a justifiable size, but they wouldn't want to upset the Horde.