Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    What a horrible shit show, yet again..
    Getting items while leveling will be utterly useless, it doesn't matter an 175 ilvl item will have exactly the same power level as a 268 ilvl item now. That means that you will hardly have any power increases for a whole expansion, this combined with with the fact that everything scales pretty much means that you'll never feel any power increase at all.
    You already weren't getting many item level increases for a whole expansion. It's not like when you leveled through mists you capped it off with some raiding lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRoads View Post
    The last quest reward you'll get in northrend is 174 right now, that will be a ilvl 99 after.
    The first quest reward you'll get in cataclysm zones is 272 right now, that will be a ilvl 101 after.

The ilvls in between are used for raid and dungeon loot.

This means that the last dungeons and quest you'll do in nothrend/outland at lvl 79 will give you ilvl 99-100 loot and the first dungeons and quests you'll do in pandaria/cataclysm will give you ilvl 101+ loot. So yes there will still be power increase when you lvl, even though a 1-2 ilvls might not seem as much.

- - - Updated - - -

The current itemlvls that will share the same itemlvl is from raid/high end dungeons. You skip almost all of these in the lvling process.
    Which is perfect. This is exactly how it should be. Not some arbitrary power spike for no apparent reason.

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Which is perfect. This is exactly how it should be. Not some arbitrary power spike for no apparent reason.
    It's not exactly random, either. Remove the power jumps at level cap is pretty much all they did.

"No apparent reason" is rather ignorant, though. There was a clear reason for the spike when the content was current.

Loved it, feels like Vanilla/BC again seeing those smaller numbers, It's awful when I play Diablo 3 and I can't even understand the damage I'm doing It's just a bunch of B's and T's that don't carry any meaning.

I thought ilvl 1000 was going to be 100. I think Bliz needs to change leveling gear to MAYBE give 1 ilvl per 10 levels (with blue gear being an extra ilvl). If they make 1 ilvl seem more siginificant, then you won't need 4 raid tiers with +15 each tier....you could do +5 per and keep numbers in line.

if people think 1 ilvl is a good boost, then they don't need to do +15 per tier to make people do content...+5 would be enough. Slow down ilvls on all fronts and people will adapt.

My way (ignoring all legacy raids because they don't matter anymore)

1-20. ilvl 1-2
    20-40: ilvl 2-4
    40-80: ilvl 4-8

See where I'm going with this? They need to squish Legion down and tell people "yes you're weaker but wait for BFA" (during pre-patch).

There's no such thing as "fear of big numbers"...2k DPS=200k dps but a 1k crit looks nicer than a 400k. BC was in the perfect spot of HP/damage values imo.
    Last edited by bromanbro; 2018-02-25 at 10:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This makes perfect sense. The "long lines of no ilevel jump" are basically just removing the sudden power spike between expansions. Like how you used to practiaclly double in power between level 80 and 81, as at level 80 heirlooms was about equal to icecrown quest rewards, while 81 heirlooms were equal to hyjal/vashjir quest rewards (which were about equal to normal icc raid drops). This does not affect your leveling, only ones affected by this are old-expansion twinks.

This is basically blizzard saying "We dont want to change the fast item level growth inside a current expansion, because we want people to feel an increase in power when they get new items and progress in new raids. But we don't see a reason for this massive item level growth to remain in old expansions". Therefore, they go back, every second expansion or so, and surgically cut out the ilevel jumps when they're no longer relevant. I don't see the problem with this.

Quote Originally Posted by bromanbro View Post
    I thought ilvl 1000 was going to be 100. I think Bliz needs to change leveling gear to MAYBE give 1 ilvl per 10 levels (with blue gear being an extra ilvl). If they make 1 ilvl seem more siginificant, then you won't need 4 raid tiers with +15 each tier....you could do +5 per and keep numbers in line.
    You might as well just remove gear at that point. It would be utterly insignificant in terms of player power.

There's no such thing as "fear of big numbers"...2k DPS=200k dps but a 1k crit looks nicer than a 400k. BC was in the perfect spot of HP/damage values imo.
    If there is no fear of big numbers, why do you think smaller numbers look "nicer"? What's so great about them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Valette View Post
    This is basically blizzard saying "We dont want to change the fast item level growth inside a current expansion, because we want people to feel an increase in power when they get new items and progress in new raids. But we don't see a reason for this massive item level growth to remain in old expansions". Therefore, they go back, every second expansion or so, and surgically cut out the ilevel jumps when they're no longer relevant. I don't see the problem with this.
    That's literally what they said last time they squished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's literally what they said last time they squished.
    And? Still dont see the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Valette View Post
    And? Still dont see the problem
    Did i say there was one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Did i say there was one?
    Oh sorry. It seemed to me you implied there was. My mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 item levels a tier sounds good. 5 item levels per difficulty jump.

So Tier 1
    lfr 300
    normal 305
    heroic 310
    mythic 315

Tier 1.5
    Lfr 305
    normal 310
    heroic 315
    mythic 320

Tier 2.
    Lfr 315
    Normal 320
    Heroic 325
    Mythic 330

Tier 3
    lfr 325
    normal 330
    Heroic 335
    Mythic 340.

Alternatively 20 item levels per tier and 10 per difficulty is still a large jump, but not as large as today.

Tier 1
    lfr 300
    normal 310
    Heroic 320
    Mythic 330

Tier 1.5
    Lfr 310
    Normal 320
    Heroic 330
    Mythic 340

Tier 2.
    Lfr 330
    Normal 340
    Heroic 350
    Mythic 360

Tier 3
    Lfr 350
    Normal 360
    Heroic 370
    Mythic 380

I think the second is best, but first could probably work too. 80 item levels is a large enough jump for 3.5 tiers imo.

Suppose normal dungeons would be something like 280, heroic 290, Mythic 300, Mythic plus 10 up to 315 or so from bosses base, with 330ish in chest