Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I raided so hard in vanilla and BC that I burned myself out on it for life. Nowadays I can't even tolerate a single wipe or more than an hour-ish of being glued to my chair. I only do lfr once per wing to see the content, get the achieve and then wash my hands of it...unless I have some kind of quest that requires more. And I wait until the content is weeks or even months old and on LFR farm.

I grew out of spending more than one night and three hours a week raiding, so I found a guild that clears Heroic with only one night a week. I just want to shit around with my friends, not try to wrangle a 20-man roster and get salty when our paladin healer wants to spend his night out with friends instead.

The lack of flexibility in Mythic raiding and the amount of time expected to be invested, I suppose is my answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Well, skill wise, Im sure I could do it with no problem. I was running Ulduar hard modes and LK heroic and finished it much before next raid came out.
    These days I just dont want to do it anymore, when I hear stories about 500 wipes, it pulls out all the will from me. Not to mention how many hours are needed to put in it.
    Also, finding a guild capable of finishing raid in reasonable time is not an easy task, considering demands they have about previous raiding history.

So, what are your reasons?
    forced 20 man.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    If you think blizz communities are "toxic".... man you must play like zero multiplayer games, blizz games are pretty tame on the toxicity.
    Not really, from my experiences, Blizzard games and Valve games are the absolute worst, with MOBAs being the only thing any worse, and that genre is practically born from the cesspool of the Blizzard community to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I grew out of spending more than one night and three hours a week raiding, so I found a guild that clears Heroic with only one night a week. I just want to shit around with my friends, not try to wrangle a 20-man roster and get salty when our paladin healer wants to spend his night out with friends instead.

The lack of flexibility in Mythic raiding and the amount of time expected to be invested, I suppose is my answer.
    yup. a 10 man mythic would be better.
    if you have like 3 or 4 bench sitters. ( witch we had). It was easy to fill raids. But pretty much all our raid groups crashed, because as not super HC mythic raider its hard to find 20 ( +2 or 3 spare raiders) with the same time, investment etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    Not really, from my experiences, Blizzard games and Valve games are the absolute worst, with MOBAs being the only thing any worse, and that genre is practically born from the cesspool of the Blizzard community to boot.
    I barely see any toxicity outside of OW in Blizz games, honestly it's MOBAs and FPS games you usually see it from IMO

And games like COD and CS are 100x more toxic then OW

games are not the worst. Its the the kids who have no manners that are the worst. And the cesspool is not a blizzard thing. Its the kids from CoD etc . For years we had a nice decent community. But kids that have entered ( see overwatch) its all CoD type kids.

I raid Mythic currently, but I'm quickly getting tired of it.

I don't like what it does to guilds, honestly. In my experience it turns something fun into a chore. People are stressed that progression isn't going as fast as Heroic. Friends get benched, and mostly people understand, but you always have that one person that rages. The strict 20-man requirement. None of these are inherently bad things, just my opinion on the matter.

I dunno... it's just frustrating and it really is starting to take its toll. Like, we raid tonight, and I'm really not all that excited about it.

I think I'm better than the average player, though.
    Don't worry. So does everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Don't worry. So does everyone else.
    The "average" bar in this game is so low all it takes to be "better than average" is 1/4 of a functioning brain cell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    1000% the community. Raids in WoW are pretty great, unfortunately I can't be assed to sift through bullshit toxicity the people that play this game at the higher level seem to exude from their skin for the fifth time.

I've had my fill of hardcore raiding, I stopped when it became apparent that this game was being ruined by the raiders.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild is farming HC antorus and we've only downed mythic garothi so far. Our biggest issue is that we don't have a consistent 20+ raiders on who are competent enough. We could fill a 20 man raid, but out of that 20 only 14-15 should actually be in there. When we got our kill on mythic, there were some dps barely over a million dps.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Shit, all I can remember about College is playing WOW every day for at least 4-6 hours. Now that I am graduated with a Job, Wife, and Kids I have no time at all.
    Yeah, but I voluntarily take much on me.^^ It just stacks, you know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    The "average" bar in this game is so low all it takes to be "better than average" is 1/4 of a functioning brain cell.
    Ahhh yes the old "the games so fucking easy how could anyone be bad omg".

I love the elitism. That's how you attract new people into a declining, failing Mythic raider scene.

./s
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Ahhh yes the old "the games so fucking easy how could anyone be bad omg".

I love the elitism. That's how you attract new people into a declining, failing Mythic raider scene.

./s
    I never said that, and honestly you're just jaded by your bad luck with mythic guilds... every one I've been in has been chill.

I was mostly speaking of the average LFR goer who pulls 400k dps in 930 gear. That's your average wow player.

I love my guild, but they raid during the week and sometimes I can't muster the energy to raid mythic after work. I'd rather wind down and read a book or play something else. Raiding is stressful for me. It's possible that if I played a different role (I heal) then I might not view it as a stress factor, but I do. In addition to that, Artifact Weapons and constantly needing to grind AP for the beginning of the expac and through the mid-point killed my desire to have multiple classes available. By Nighthold, I was just exhausted.

Now, I just raid Heroic on alt runs/catch up runs on the weekends. I still get to hang out with my friends and help them out a bit, but I don't have the pressure of mythic. I might give it another try in BFA, but I'm also considering a role swap in BFA as well so we'll see. I have plenty of time to kick back until then.

Can't be bothered dedicating that much time to the game, raiding wise.

Antorus is so boring for me - but doing it on HC is enough for my liking.

Deleted
    - 20 member requirement
    - same server requirement
    - the hardcore mentality it brings out of people
    - raids just aren't fun to me anymore, m+ with four friends is a much more enjoyable experience, especially enjoy the constant challenge opposed to raids who remain the same week after week.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Well, skill wise, Im sure I could do it with no problem. I was running Ulduar hard modes and LK heroic and finished it much before next raid came out.
    These days I just dont want to do it anymore, when I hear stories about 500 wipes, it pulls out all the will from me. Not to mention how many hours are needed to put in it.
    Also, finding a guild capable of finishing raid in reasonable time is not an easy task, considering demands they have about previous raiding history.

So, what are your reasons?
    Too much grinding required, before, during, after. Maybe if I got paid to do it.

The last guild I raided with was during ToT. After completing it I guess I just decided it is not worth the effort to be a part of a progression guld anymore. I still love to raid, I complete pug raids of heroic Antorus every week just fine. But I could never see myself bothering with mythic anymore due to time constraints and just all the effort/drama and such that come with raiding guilds.