Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Funny thing is H Agg gets harder as your raid is more geared, on early weeks it was nothing significant but some weeks later we have to start letting first 2 small adds in at the same time cuz we constantly got the boss to 40% while there was still 1 add remaining, not we have to let do 2 and then 2 for the first 4 adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    From my point of view there were 4 hard bosses (compared to other HC bosses) on hc this addon: Cenarius, Helya, KJ and Coven.
    I would put Spellblade Aluriel and Odyn in that list too.

Odyn was just massively overtuned on release. Heroic raid groups didn't have enough DPS to get the minibosses down and still get any DPS on Odyn. Not even sure he was actually killable by a raid in full 865 gear. He was hugely nerfed about a month after release.

Spellblade was a massive stumbling block in Nighthold for many guilds. Most PUGs just flat out skipped her because it required more coordination than you could reasonably expect in a PUG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I started doing some Heroic when I finally got some more time, both with guilds alt run and with pugs. Guild kinda breezed through, but for PuG, Coven is hardest by far, but we also struggle with High Command. Pods are a mess in pugs.

Aggramar is suprisingly easy for a 2nd last boss and as a Rogue, I didn't have to deal with adds that much (maybe Rogues do normally, but we had other CC to be prefered) and I can cloak any dangerous fire, so for me it was so smooth :P

So finding 6 (in geared raids 4) players who can push 1+2 is harder than finding 5 who can CC an add and manage the timer? Was looking forward to logs of a skilled player, now I´m sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Or worse, your raid group doesn’t have 7/20 as monk/Druid/warlock, and so you can’t actually CC the adds and it becomes a clusterfuck wipefest
    Or Hunter or additional DKs (Chains&grip back) or shamans (root/slow/knockback) or mage (nova/slow) or rogue. Have seen all 5 of these control their add. Yes, most of them are not hard CCs, but they are not needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    All the bosses on normal/heroic are super easy. The only way I can imagine they're hard is if you have a disability, don't know how to play your class or you keyboard turn/click. If you aren't any of those 3, then all the fights are insanely easy. Can't speak on behalf of mythic other than garothi, which is also really easy.
    You're over-compensating. Tone it down a little.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    hc aggramar is all about not being greedy on dps, knowing when to stop and not to dps whore the small adds.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    I would put Spellblade Aluriel and Odyn in that list too.

Odyn was just massively overtuned on release. Heroic raid groups didn't have enough DPS to get the minibosses down and still get any DPS on Odyn. Not even sure he was actually killable by a raid in full 865 gear. He was hugely nerfed about a month after release.
    What are you on about? Odyn was massively undertuned on release, to the point where guilds not able to kill heroic Guarm were easily killing Odyn on mythic. The fight was hit fixed just a few days after release; I believe not long into the second week.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    The only horror on lfr is when tanks go brain dead and just spin him around in circles.
    I'm sure my hunters pet taunt helps spin him even more

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

On Normal/heroic, Varimathras, Coven and Argus all feel pretty difficult, But aggramar just feels like an oversized target dummy..

Does he have anything special to him that i just haven't noticed in the few times i've defeated him on both difficulties?

It feels like he should be harder, Begin the 10th boss in a raid and a titan, But other than some spike healing every now and then, It dosen't feel like he has any special or lethal mechanics.
    Aggramar is a little bit like varimathras, 1 misstake with the adds and its a raidwipe. 1 misstake from the tanks and its a raidwipe. also bad positioning by dps can lead to a wipe aswell if adds gets enraged. those fucking adds were annoying as hell...

It was imo a big step up in difficulty compared to the previous bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    the randomness of Covern Heroic reminds me of Heroic Mogushan vault the spirit panda's before they nerfed the fight and made them in a set order.

Heroic Covern would be so much less of an annoying piece of shit if rng mechanics weren't so fucked up.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

What are you on about? Odyn was massively undertuned on release, to the point where guilds not able to kill heroic Guarm were easily killing Odyn on mythic. The fight was hit fixed just a few days after release; I believe not long into the second week.
    Maybe in your mirror universe Odyn was undertuned and needed to be buffed, but that certainly didn't happen in this reality.

3 weeks after release, less guilds had killed Heroic Odyn than had killed Mythic Dragons Of Nightmare. The fight was more difficult than most of mythic Emerald Nightmare. It was a cakewalk for mythic geared guilds but basically impossible for heroic geared guilds.

Here's a thread from that period where mythic raiders discuss Heroic Odyn tuning: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752025116

10 days after release, only 2% of guilds worldwide had killed Odyn on heroic mode.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2018-02-14 at 03:30 PM.

I assume everyone outgears heroic so much at this point that any boss should feel easy.

The only difference between LFR and heroic right now is basically time investment, some people have the time to join grps while people who do LFR are either new players, undergeared alts or just people who don't have the time to join heroic; difficulty plays a minor role.

Normal is sort of in limbo, I guess people would do normal to gear up alts nothing more.
    Last edited by wholol; 2018-02-14 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Both are pretty damn easy if you have a good group comp and get exceedingly more difficult if you don't. Coven having 8 times the mechanics and multiple combos of them does up the challenge a great deal. Aggramar if you have poor cc options or low dps you are in for some trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

I know for us in the 1st intermission we have to double explode all the adds or we end up standing around forever waiting for the dots to tick off so we can explode another or you phase him with adds up and get new adds causing other issues. One of the rare fights as your dps goes up the encounter gets more boring and oddly more difficult.
    Yeah,we had issue because our DPS went too high,so we asked people to stop DPS
    However,most people are parse whores so we ended up asking the tank (me) to just kill any DPS who's still attacking below 50% if we had embers still alive

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe in your mirror universe Odyn was undertuned and needed to be buffed, but that certainly didn't happen in this reality.

3 weeks after release, less guilds had killed Heroic Odyn than had killed Mythic Dragons Of Nightmare. The fight was more difficult than most of mythic Emerald Nightmare. It was a cakewalk for mythic geared guilds but basically impossible for heroic geared guilds.

Here's a thread from that period where mythic raiders discuss Heroic Odyn tuning: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752025116

10 days after release, only 2% of guilds worldwide had killed Odyn on heroic mode.
    Last phase on Odyn heroic was so much more brutal than the whole of Emerald nightmare,raid damage spiked up so hard as soon as you hit 55% that it was scary even for a mythic guild that didn't have trouble with him at all
    Suddenly everything got cranked up by 200%

I find Aggramar HC much harder for pugs than Coven or any other boss in Antorus.

In my defense, I wasn't paying close enough attention super early this morning when I read and made my original reply, and didn't realize the person was talking specifically about Heroic. Wherein yes, Mythic Odyn was so undertuned that Heroic was harder, which is what I was referring to.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    You're over-compensating. Tone it down a little.
    Sorry, I have ego issues and stimulate them by bolstering my ego and putting others down because I care about how they think of me. No, really... All the fights are easy. It's a scripted fight and most raiders use DBM. That combination makes it near impossible to wipe assuming you don't fall into 1 of the three scenarios I suggested. If X ability is coming up in 15 seconds because DBM is telling you, then you should probably be ready/aware for it. It's not like a mechanic is 100% random and you have no idea when it's coming out. The issue is that a decent amount of people don't pay attention to their DBM until they hear the "RUN AWAY LITTLE GIRL" or that horn sound. Most people don't even move their DBM notifications to an ideal spot on their screen. By default it's in a corner where most people won't look until there's only 8 seconds left and it move to the more urgent section of DBM. Just open up your DBM and put the mechanic counter in the middle of your screen so you never miss it. Raiding is easy peasy.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Wherein yes, Mythic Odyn was so undertuned that Heroic was harder, which is what I was referring to.
    You must be talking about mythic Odyn post december nerf that made him a joke. Release mythic Odyn required crazy dps unless you had perfect setup to deal with spread adds or you just spent too much time running between them and dodging balls you'd never make the dps check. Well, unless you were one of the "lucky" guilds who had the week 1 bug that Odyn would bug out and stop using mechanics.

But pre-nerf mythic Odyn was killed by less guilds than killed mythic Coven in Antorus atm.

In my defense, I wasn't paying close enough attention super early this morning when I read and made my original reply, and didn't realize the person was talking specifically about Heroic. Wherein yes, Mythic Odyn was so undertuned that Heroic was harder, which is what I was referring to.
    Gonna have to disagree with you there. Mythic Odyn still required a strict comp and had tight checks to meet (IIRC you wanted to beat third hymdall, because by then your healers were fucking dry from healing a P2 that was every bit as brutal as heroic, but with more oneshot potential). Unless you happened to be in one of the guilds that got him bugged out so he just afk'd the entire second phase and let you kill him for free, of course.

Every single boss in TOV was a huge step up from EN.

Deleted
    As a healer, Coven HC must be one of the weirdest fights: I have nothing to do during 80% of the fight, and my whole mana bar is burned afterwards in 30 seconds (Norgannon adds, dealing with people badly positioned during Touch of darkness, Frozen blood). The vast majority of my job is dealing with unpredictable damage (whether it is RNG or dependent on the group) that varies every pull. On the other hand, Aggramar is really straightforward.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Sorry, I have ego issues and stimulate them by bolstering my ego and putting others down
    Good on you for acknowledging. Raiding is easy for you and that's fine, congratulations on your mythic clear. But WoW (and most other games) has more than one difficulty setting for a reason. You should go out more and meet other people, you'll see that not everyone is the same as you.

Deleted
    Both Aggramar and Argus are fights that only require the tanks to be awake. Rest of the fights need dps to be awake. Healers can just alt tab (unless the tanks weren't awake).