Page 7 of 147 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This of course will keep happening when the media spends a month glorying the shooter. Essentially writing a book about him. It makes troubled people want to do this.
    Filming children crying for everyone to see, keeping his name/picture in the news for months to come. Yeah, people who want that attention WILL do it at some point, and who's to blame? The media when they will say how horrible this is and it shouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    The problem are not the laws. There are plenty of laws against what is being done.

The problem is that people are not held accountable for their actions, or the actions of those they are responsible for. And that is not only for gun laws, but any law.

If this person doing the shooting is under 18, then the parents should be held just as accountable as the shooter.

You have to be 18 to purchase/own a gun, unless the parent/guardian permits it. The moment that parent/guardian permits it, they should be held accountable to any action that under ages individual takes with the weapon.
    Wait you expect democrats to look at the real issue like the fact that 98% of school shooters do it because they experienced a real or perceived setback?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    The reason why you're here.

"Americans are stupid and terrible! *masturbation*"
    Right? Any shooter thread is just a place for people who utterly loathe the USA to circle jerk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Pretty much... If neither side can agree on any solution, we just live with it... statistically speaking you and I probably won't die from either.

But neither will "thoughts and prayers" actually do anything. At this point my response to either is an eyeroll, and the thought "CNN (or Fox if its a terrorism attack) will probably have hysterical reporting again, I should switch that on just to see what they say."
    They most do something. That's why terrorism is over and Schwarz doesn't realize he's mocking his own actions of thoughts and prayers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Wait you expect democrats to look at the real issue like the fact that 98% of school shooters do it because they experienced a real or perceived setback?
    To them white people experience no setbacks and are immensely "privileged' After all, we cash our privilege checks every week, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    The problem are not the laws. There are plenty of laws against what is being done.

The problem is that people are not held accountable for their actions, or the actions of those they are responsible for. And that is not only for gun laws, but any law.

If this person doing the shooting is under 18, then the parents should be held just as accountable as the shooter.

You have to be 18 to purchase/own a gun, unless the parent/guardian permits it. The moment that parent/guardian permits it, they should be held accountable to any action that under ages individual takes with the weapon.
    There are no laws on securely storing firearms. What you need to understand is that US law is what creates this condition in the first place. Considering firearm manufacturing and sales is a large business tied into defense spending, many more US citizens will have to die for their to be any real debate on reform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Right? Any shooter thread is just a place for people who utterly loathe the USA to circle jerk about it.
    To be fair, in regards to this sort of mass violence, the loathing is justified. We are pretty disgusting when it comes to hand waving mass shootings.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    To them white people experience no setbacks and are immensely "privileged' After all, we cash our privilege checks every week, right?
    Where do I get these checks?!!? I'm owed some back pay.

I live in the USA but iam British and i still remember Dunblane

I know the proliferation of guns makes removing guns impossible but there is laws that could make this sort of thing less frequent like

1. Making it a law that all guns must be contained in a secure lock box.

2. Only over 18s can purchase firearms and those underage must be accompanied by an over 18 adult to use a firearm or risk prosecution.

3. Anyone who has a history of mental illness or has a criminal past is not allowed to own or buy a firearm.

4. Private sales is banned unless it carrys a Federal background check.

They to me seem like reasonably laws and though it wont make mas shootings impossible it will reduce the risk and those responsible gun owners can still own guns and those who isnt mature or responsible enough can be at least be have some kind of laws to reduce the risk though it will never be 100 percent.

I must say i do own firearms and i do enjoy firing them but this wild west let everyone own firearms like they are toys needs to end because this wasnt what the founding fathers had in mind when they wrote the 2nd amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yes. (Hint) They were.
    Proof?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    In every country people get angry and over react - at any age.

Only in the US (of developed countries) is that natural occurrence married to easy to obtain and acceptable weapons of war.

Anyway - I'm outta here, looking forward to the next exciting episode.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    That's the part and parcel of living in the US.
    Wins the thread. Hypocrites gonna hypocrite otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Except in all those other countries where it does.
    This is not a valid point because there are other factors that come into play. People say this over and over and its a lazy point to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Proof?
    Physics.

Yeah, [/QUOTE]

You are welcome.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Which has nothing to do with events like these. Not everyone carries, and the ones that do are not the ones doing things like this. It seems like you are fighting the wrong fight.
    the point i am trying to state here is so much easy access to guns , which is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    To be fair, in regards to this sort of mass violence, the loathing is justified. We are pretty disgusting when it comes to hand waving mass shootings.
    And Europeans are disgusting for handwaving terrorism away with thoughts and prayers.

See?

10+ Year Old Account
    And Europeans are disgusting for handwaving terrorism away with thoughts and prayers.

See?
    Americans do it too though. We hand wave any and all mass violence.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by andy123456 View Post
    Yee , and this is what a dumb ass people get for not doing anything for gun control ,
    A high school shooting happens , there should be gun control but no no no , new idea is they will teach teacher to fire guns , they will give children guns so that they can defend them self.
    A country that know solution to one of its biggest problem but they cannot do a thing to stop it
    over a quarter of a billion guns with more coming in every day via mexico, it's been illegal to shoot someone since forever, illegal for a lot of these people to even own one, illegal for the people who sold them the gun to do that, etc

There just isn't much you can do, take all the guns away and this stuff still happens, if anything we got a parenting problem because in the USA, the average mom and dad both have to work full time and that leaves a lot less time for parenting.

It's not related to gun control, look at chicago. good guys who don't do this stuff already follow the laws

Too bad it doesn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    It's not hand waving. It's dismissing stupid arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.