Thread: Class design.

Class design.

Call me crazy but I am not feeling current class design and I am afraid not much for the better will change in BfA. I have always been a multi-classer but there is something about Legion classes that make them feel boring and bland for me, where in previous expansion I had a trouble picking class/spec I like the most in Legion I felt like I am picking something I dislike the least. Its weird.

Why is it so easy to feel/know that people responsible for WotLK/Cata/MoP class design ain't the ones responsible for Legion and now BfA? It looks like some kind of B-grade Moba designers are trying their luck in MMORPG genre.
    It stinks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    Call me crazy but I am not feeling current class design and I am afraid not much for the better will change in BfA.
    Well they announced that already at Blizzcon. They don't intend to revamp the classes that much.
    Because...well idk, I think they're mostly incompetent so they'll too afraid to touch anything, because every time they do, it's pretty clear they have no idea how the game mechanics work.

So yeah, this situation with classes will carry over to BfA

I have the opposite feeling. I'm always having a hard time finding what I want to play because they all play so differently. And I have a blast with pretty much all of them. Personally having a ton of fun with Prot Warrior, SPriest, and Boomkin right now. I keep bouncing between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Yes pls bring the supreme class design of woltk and cata, im already making my butt ready for welcome our once again priest bubble overlords and paladins
    Oh yeah, because some particular design flaws overshadow whole experience, and Legion on the other hand is flawless.

I think a lot of the "empty" feeling was because so much was tied into the Artifact weapons. With that going away, and the item squish, it'll be good to see some old abilities come back.

to me the class design is good...at least for my rogue sub i realy like the shadow theme and shadow dance charges.

5+ Year Old Account
    As far as gameplay is concerned, all classes play like this, with a little overlap in a few cases:

• Resource builder/spender (rogues, ret pala, ele shammy)
    • Dotter (affliction lock, spriest)
    • Proc-reactive (fire mage, enh shammy)

Now healers... God they are *****ing boring to play since Cata's stupid "3-heals model" (ty GC >.<)

Yep they need to revert the massive pruning and make specs engaging to play, easy to learn, hard to master. Today they are just easy to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    As far as gameplay is concerned, all classes play like this, with a little overlap in a few cases:

• Resource builder/spender (rogues, ret pala, ele shammy)
    • Dotter (affliction lock, spriest)
    • Proc-reactive (fire mage, enh shammy)

Now healers... God they are *****ing boring to play since Cata's stupid "3-heals model" (ty GC >.<)
    Monk, Disc Priest, Holy Priest and Holy Pally and Resto Shaman and Resto Druid all play very differently

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperJay View Post
    Monk, Disc Priest, Holy Priest and Holy Pally and Resto Shaman and Resto Druid all play very differently
    I never claimed otherwise. I said that they are all uniformingly dull.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    Call me crazy but I am not feeling current class design and I am afraid not much for the better will change in BfA. I have always been a multi-classer but there is something about Legion classes that make them feel boring and bland for me, where in previous expansion I had a trouble picking class/spec I like the most in Legion I felt like I am picking something I dislike the least. Its weird.
    Crazy :P

Feelings are subjective though, so you don't need to be crazy to dislike something. Your explanation doesn't give me anything to understand what it is about them you dislike. And I can't just guess because I like the spec I play.

Maybe you need more talent variety? The old talent trees had more options than the current talent format. Some people can't stand having no customization options.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Yep they need to revert the massive pruning and make specs engaging to play, easy to learn, hard to master. Today they are just easy to learn.
    This. The pruning was such a mistake. I miss complexity and meaningful choice.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperJay View Post
    they don't really tho, do they?
    I agree each of those has a signature spell like soothing mist/essence front for monks, bubble for disc, chain heal for shammy and hots for druid but that's about it really, excluding big coolies. Other than that, excluding druid and disc because imo that's the only classes that are somewhat conceptually different than others, each of them has a big direct single target heal a weakish single target hot, depending on talents 2-3 somewhat decent aoe spells, and maybe a bigger heal on a medium(30-60 second) cooldown. None of the classes really have a niche where only that class fits in and none of them really have an area where they shine in and the rest where they are decent at best. Every class can do a good job at raid healing and single target healing.

That's what i liked about healers in WOTLK. For better or for worse each class had an area they specialized in.
    Paladins were really good at big direct heals but were very inefficient mana wise and lackluster at best when it came to raid healing.
    Druids we're great for raidhealing when little damage over short periods was taken (rotface, festergut for example) but were still really good at raid healing in general, but weren't where big damage was taken at once since they only had swiftment and nourish as bigger heals (and healing touch but after the over 3 seconds it took to cast, the target was either full hp or dead).
    Shamans were arguably the best raid healers with chain heal being arguably the best raid healing spell at the time, they could deal very well with big chunks of dmg on 3 or 4 targets (depending if glyphed) and they could heal single target very well (Now that i think about it shamans really could do it all), with their only weak point being continuous low dmg.
    Disc was bubble bitch with a bit of budget hotting.
    And lastly holy priest had a choice of going the budget shaman(/paladin) way where they had big long cast heals (single target and aoe) either tank healing(slightly smaller but more efficient paladins) or group healing with prayer of healing, that only healed a group at a time (hence budget shaman). Or they could go budget druid, spamming mostly renew(not sure about this one anymore).