Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Meh, they needed a female Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrock Lesnar!

I've mixed feelings on this. One one hand, I hope she follows Brock's lead and only shows up to high-volume PPVs. Last thing we need is another dude-chic (Looking at you, Sonya Deville, Shayna Baszler, etc) throwing around actual women. On the other hand, someone really needs to slap down Ms Baby Fat's "undefeated" streak (Looking at you, Asuka [Also, who translates this shit?]).

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I keep seeing this kind of response. Strange shit considering many anime are targeted at adults and WWE is a soap opera stunt show targeted at boys aged 6 to 25...
    You seem to confusing the aspects of rules and exceptions. Wrestling shows are generally targeted to those who can watch violence, while targeting various demographics for the sake of profits. "Wrestling" targeting "kids" (Cena, Bayley, etc) is the exception, not the rule. On the flip side, adult-oriented cartoons are the exception.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2018-02-14 at 08:24 PM.

I keep seeing this kind of response. Strange shit considering many anime are targeted at adults and WWE is a soap opera stunt show targeted at boys aged 6 to 25...
    Basically, you're talking out of your ass, like every other wrestling critic that always seems to pop up in a wrestling thread on these forums.

Wrestling is marketed towards all ages, including adults, as evidenced by the very topic of this discussion, Ronda Rousey.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2018-02-14 at 08:49 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

>pro wrestling

And I thought I was a bit autistic for loving MLP back in 2013.

7+ Year Old Account
    It actually is the rule. And has been for decades.
    Sorry, but you're wrong.

Prove me wrong then. Show me all the advertising they do for the elderly. Or for adult women
    Roman Reigns. There ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    MMA people are characters too. Connor Mcgregor shits on WWE all the time in interviews/social media but he's actually a huge fan.

By talking shit he uses his fame to put the spotlight on WWE as well. Connor isn't a wrestler but he has a wrestler's mind, he knows how to work the marks and make use of social media to gain relevance ( for him and for WWE ).
    Oh I'm aware. The topic of Ronda going to the WWE simply reminded me of her throwing shade at it a couple years ago, however.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Who or what is that?
    Here I thought you knew about wrestling since you seem to act like you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Sorry, but you're wrong.
    Err.. no he's not :?

To be more exact, anime is much more entwined into Asian culture, due to their way of telling and spreading stories. Those stories could be as adult as they could be kidfriendly. I'm assuming the reason why Europe doesn't have that same bond with cartoons, is due to the fact that art was dictated by the church for the larger part of 1800 years. The US is just an overgrown European settlement, except there were less laws, but also way less time to spend reading art.

Ironically, it was American cartoons that started the spark for the current artstyle we call Anime. I would call it an improvement.

Except for all the big-eyed loli anime. They can crash and burn. Ritually.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2018-02-14 at 10:11 PM.

It actually is the rule. And has been for decades.

Wrestling is most assuredly not marketed towards all ages. As evidenced by their complete lack of marketing when it comes to any demographics aside from the one I previously mentioned.
    Really? So Braun Strowman, Brock Fucking Lesnar, AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, and Ronda Rousey are all being marketed for the children?

NXT's big deal signings of the likes of Shayna Baszler, Trevor Mann, and War Machine were all to tap that ever elusive 6-18 market?
    Prove me wrong then. Show me all the advertising they do for the elderly. Or for adult women
    The.women's revolution. Maybe fucking Google it.

Yeah I don't think this is worth discussing with you if the only wrestler you know about is John Cena. So you do you. I'm done.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2018-02-14 at 10:13 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    Really? So Braun Strowman, Brock Fucking Lesnar, AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, and Ronda Rousey are all being marketed for the children?

NXT's big deal signings of the likes of Shayna Baszler, Trevor Mann, and War Machine were all to tap that ever elusive 6-18 market?
    The.women's revolution. Fucking Google it.

Yeah I don't think this is worth discussing with you if the only wrestler you know about is John Cena. So you do you. I'm done.
    Is it healthy to know that you're watching fake and still enjoy it though.... And I'm talking fake as fuck. D-movie fake. "Spawn" special effects kind of fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Is it healthy to know that you're watching fake and still enjoy it though.... And I'm talking fake as fuck.
    If you watch anything more scripted than Nat Geo, your tired hypocritical bullshit gets brushed off and discarded as useless static.

7+ Year Old Account
    You made the initial claim that wrestling was primarily something that targets children. The very nature of it inherently disagrees with that claim. It's an illogical and irrational observation based on your half-assed understanding of something you personally don't partake in. In fact, there are currently only two superstars whose primary target demographic is someone other than adults. And if you actually knew something about it, you'd know this.

Err.. no he's not :?
    The context of that was wrestling, specifically.

Is it healthy to know that you're watching fake and still enjoy it though.... And I'm talking fake as fuck. D-movie fake. "Spawn" special effects kind of fake.
    And all of the violence in movies is "fake", too. Does that make them less entertaining? Also, fun fact, most wrestlers have to be in better shape than most actors and here's the real kicker, wrestlers do their own stunts.

Wrestling is about as entertaining as watching paint dry.

One of the lowest forms of entertainment imo.

And it's more fake than a Chinese Iphone.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-14 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    >pro wrestling

And I thought I was a bit autistic for loving MLP back in 2013.
    I mean, I agree with you but you're trying to use greentext on MMO-C so it's still up the air for whether you have autism or not.

Clearly you don't watch any tv or movies. Cause pretty much all of them are fake.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Roman Reigns. There ya go.

Balor is way more woman-targeted than Roman.

The guy wears the minimum allowed and is both a bland wrestler and a meh promo. If not for the paint he'd be in the dead division with the other vanilla midgets.

7+ Year Old Account
    Balor is way more woman-targeted than Roman.

The guy wears the minimum allowed and is both a bland wrestler and a meh promo. If not for the paint he'd be in the dead division with the other vanilla midgets.
    Finn wasn't called "the Slayer" in Japan for nothing.

EDIT: I mean the boys in the back would call him "the Slayer" behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Will she actually fight? I had assumed she ended her fighting career.
    Other wrestlers put their bodies through hell, no doubt but those people are doing 4-5 shows a week. She'll probably work a light schedule like Lesner where she wrestles 3-4 times a year. If shes made to look dominate which is likely, it should be way easier than UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Wrestling is about as entertaining as watching paint dry.

One of the lowest forms of entertainment imo.

And it's more fake than a Chinese Iphone.
    If you think Boxers and UFC fighters never throw fights or take PEDs you're in for a rude awakening.

What, you think Football isn't fixed? Even if it wasn't you still have Penaldo diving 3 times a match.

Grow up. It's mind blowing how people will call Wrestling low entertainment, then watch Game of Thrones even though they think the blonde's name is Khaleesi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Finn wasn't called "the Slayer" in Japan for nothing.

EDIT: I mean the boys in the back would call him "the Slayer" behind the scenes.
    Yeah, 'cuz Japanese women are shorter :P

If you think Boxers and UFC fighters never throw fights or take PEDs you're in for a rude awakening.

What, you think Football isn't fixed? Even if it wasn't you still have Penaldo diving 3 times a match.

Grow up. It's mind blowing how people will call Wrestling low entertainment, then watch Game of Thrones even though they think the blonde's name is Khaleesi.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, 'cuz Japanese women are shorter :P
    Cool and where did I say I think they were any better? Literally the only thing you listed that has any entertainment value to me is Game of Thrones. And that's mainly because I watch it with friends.

Good thing I also said it was just my opinion ain't it?

UFC is just as bad.

So I'll repeat myself. Wrestling is as fake as one of those Chinese Iphones and the one of the lowest forms of entertainment.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-15 at 03:13 PM.