kid in interview said shooter had showed him guns previously.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/form...d-me-his-guns/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Did you miss the point of what I said or are you purposely being obtuse?

He said the rest of the world proves that banning guns stops shootings. I pointed out one example that disproves that. Nothing more.
    The U.S. is also doing well when compared to Uganda.

It doesn't make it a valid apples to apples comparison.

I'm not being obtuse, your analogies are just hot garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Where did I say any of that? I just think it's in poor taste to disregard the tragedy and focus on what your political views can gain from it.
    Answer my question. When is it not in poor tastes to talk about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Fair enough, but when literally the first few comments are about gun control and nothing about the dead, it's just distasteful. The ability to show compassion is unknown to these people, which is ironic because gun control people consider themselves so benevolent. There's a time and place is all I'm saying.
    The time and place will be, what, next week when it calms down? But there will be another shooting between now and then, so we'll just wait another week, and another, and another.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

I'm starting to get tired off all this gun violence and I'm probably not the only one.

If the NRA want's to defend the Second Amendment, they'd better do something about all these attacks. It's just a matter of time before enough of us get mad and change the Second Amendment, 2/3rds of the states ratify the change, etc, etc.

You think it'll never happen? Just you wait and see.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The issue is not guns (you can buy them online using bitcoin)

the issue is law enforcement and mental health hospitals.

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    The time and place will be, what, next week when it calms down? But there will be another shooting between now and then, so we'll just wait another week, and another, and another.
    Eh. It's not a shooting at a mall or school, so you and the Euro brigade won't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Wait. How come we aren't a third world country since we own and use guns?
    Brazils biggest issue isnt the guns, it's the insane amount of drug-related crime going on. No gun control in the world will change that, you'd think that the US is a "normal" country and shouldnt be compared to Brazil. Guess i was wrong.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    You're right, advocating gun control is entirely based on feelings, not actual facts and homicide rates.

Oh wait, it is.

I think I see a trend, I'll leave you a few years to figure it out.
    I only need a few seconds. Been over this topic so many times and see all the data and I still maintain the same position. I do not care what other countries do about their gun laws. I do not live there. Or want to.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    kid in interview said shooter had showed him guns previously.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/form...d-me-his-guns/
    Sounds pretty irresponsible to not mention this to anyone. How often do people joke about shooting up a school? Is this normal enough to not be alarmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I'm starting to get tired off all this gun violence and I'm probably not the only one.

If the NRA want's to defend the Second Amendment, they'd better do something about all these attacks. It's just a matter of time before enough of us get mad and change the Second Amendment, 2/3rds of the states ratify the change, etc, etc.

You think it'll never happen? Just you wait and see.
    On a 'positive' note it is only a matter of time before a majority of voters has been involved in a shooting or had a close friend involved in a shooting.
    Maybe that will help.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bearlolzx View Post
    The issue is not guns (you can buy them online using bitcoin)

the issue is law enforcement and mental health hospitals.
    Keep burying head in the sand, guns ARE the issue. Yes you have crazies and shoddy security everywhere, but add to that freely available firearms that every retard can get and the outcome is obvious. Yes, that crazy can take a hammer or axe or a knife and go murder people too, but it won't be a bloody mass murder like even simple handguns can offer.

Chance of being gunned down in US is comparable to that of shithole countries, you are literally a third world country level when it comes to gun homicides.

Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    Brazils biggest issue isnt the guns, it's the insane amount of drug-related crime going on. No gun control in the world will change that, you'd think that the US is a "normal" country and shouldnt be compared to Brazil. Guess i was wrong.
    I'm trying to explore this. I'm promised that banning guns ends all violence forever and confused why people would ignore a gun ban in Brazil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    What are amandments? Sounds to me this document wasn't so perfect from start and had to be modified later.
    Yeah. It can be amended. Never said it couldn't. But those who think that is a simple solution, really do not understand the process or the likely hood of it being successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/14/us/fl...ing/index.html

Thoughts and prayers to those affected.
    Why? They're living your american dream.

The dream to die on school ground so that you can keep your guns in order to feel powerful in your puny little life.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    The U.S. is also doing well when compared to Uganda.

It doesn't make it a valid apples to apples comparison.

I'm not being obtuse, your analogies are just hot garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Answer my question. When is it not in poor tastes to talk about it?
    Again you missed the point.

Someone made a post pretty much saying that the rest of the world outside the of the US proves that banning guns stops violence. I didn't make an analogy I just showed how little thought was put into what I quoted.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least 16 dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    How long is a constitution supposed to be upheld though?

100 years? 500 years? 1000 years?

Won't it be an issue of being held back to a 'sacred text' if someone is still obeying something that was written a thousand or even a few hundred years years ago?
    As long as there are needs for such freedoms we have in it. Some things never are outdated. Esp. when it comes to freedoms.

I'm promised that banning guns ends all violence forever
    Still didn't learn your lesson about strawmen?

I'm trying to explore this. I'm promised that banning guns ends all violence forever and confused why people would ignore a gun ban in Brazil.
    Meh, have fun in your bubble, couldn't care less tbh. Just sad that it happens regularly and nothing is being done about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Clearly someone who has little knowledge of how our Constitution works. Tip: not by popular demand or feelings.
    No, that is how every constitutions, including the US, works.