Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Nope. Clearly the Founding Fathers had the foresight to realize how far weaponry would advance and would approve of firearms specifically designed to kill humans being owned by the mentally ill.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belton_flintlock Our founding fathers knew damn well what the future held for us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Or you know, just ban assault rifles since they have no place in a civilized society
    Handguns kill more than assault rifles in the USA.

the solution is obviously that everybody should've been armed. Where were the other schoolchildrens' AR-15s? Negligent parenting right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Strong? The man is so easy to manipulate it's hilarious. He still believes Putin after all.
    Sure thing. Whatever makes you feel what that mean ol bad president did to you to hurt your feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    It's almost like the difficulty in legally acquiring assault rifles makes them less desirable as everyday murdertools

At this point I really should just write a paragraph of my beliefs, express my sorrows for what happened, express my rage for the inaction and express my opinions about gun control and leave the city name blank. Then just copy/paste it into the next American-shooting-of-the-month thread that's created and fill in the city name. Saves me some time I guess? =/

In fact, at what point can we just sadly make an "American Shooting of the Month - Megathread" to save time? =/

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Ban the everything! Seriously if these antigun people feel we shouldn't be allowed to own handguns why don't they come and take them? Sometimes you have to get your hands dirty to create the utopia that's in your head.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They can legally own long guns at 18...
    Yes. That is true. Thanks for the correction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Just a matter of perception, but when you make a statement like this, in a thread about a mass shooting, it makes it REALLY seem like you love children dying in school shootings.
    Of course he is. It makes libs angry, so he loves it.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by bash the fash View Post
    It's almost like the difficulty in legally acquiring assault rifles makes them less desirable as everyday murdertools
    I hear Vans and Trucks are very good murdertools as well. #Bantheeverythings!

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    Ban the everything! Seriously if these antigun people feel we shouldn't be allowed to own handguns why don't they come and take them? Sometimes you have to get your hands dirty to create the utopia that's in your head.
    Well im glad we both agree that we shouldnt ban religions as well, like islam?

Deleted
    "Assault" rifles are easier to obtain though? I can no longer detect sarcasm on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Rubio
    Just finished update from fed authorities on #FloridaSchoolShooting. It is clear attack was designed & executed to maximize loss of life
    Thank you little Marco for that tweet. We never would have known that if not for your Sherlock-level detective skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    There are some gun control laws which we could certainly benefit from. But basically just better enforcement of the laws we have and stronger penalties for breaking them would help as a beginner.

And no, it takes 3/4 of the states to ratify a amendment to the Constitution. Not likely.

We outlawed alcohol once.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't want that shit in my schools. It breeds an environment of fear and we often see that people given that kind of status allow it to go to their heads.
    One school district here has already did it for the teachers. http://www.guns.com/2013/07/10/ohio-...ing-this-fall/

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    Lol nice power fantasy. All you "come and take it" types are the biggest cowards of all.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    It just won't work. Guns will become just as illegal to own and as hard to obtain for minors as marijuana.
    Which one is easier to sell in school hallways and back alleyways and to carry on your person - a small bag of marijuana, or an AR-15? Which one is also easier to produce on your own?

...in fact, why the hell are you even comparing a drug that makes people docile vs a relatively big machine literally designed to efficiently kill multiple people quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Thank you for acknowledging that all of our other object control laws aren't perfect. People seem to forget there's a reason the War on Drugs and Prohibition are and were miserable failures, respectively.
    Yea, what’s amazing is they did a study in Europe, forget the exact country but they made drugs legal for addicts, and offered them much in the form of mental health support, like real mental health support, and it had great results.

They also did a study in mice where they were put in two different enviroments, both with heroin. One environment was unhealthy and one was healthy. The mice had full access to the drugs in both enviroments. So the mice used the heroin until death in the unhealthy enviroment, and in the healthy enviroment barely used the drug (it was in the water).

So basically our drug issue is related to mental health too. Drug problem is backwards, and so is mental health. Hopefully it looks like it may change in 10-20 years, because right now I think our society has come to terms that it’s partly responsible for manufacturing this type of madness.

That would be true if not for the fact you have to wait 3 days for your first handgun but can walk out with an AR-15 in 30 min.
    I know, coz that's what i did when is till only had a green card.

Still think it's the silliest thing in the world that at the time , I as a foreigner on a green card, was allowed to buy as many weapons as i wanted but i wasn't allowed to vote :P

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Lol nice power fantasy. All you "come and take it" types are the biggest cowards of all.
    Well come and take them then if I'm a huge coward. Seriously. I'm sure those gun owners, as soon as they see you will cower so much due to your bravery that they'll just hand those guns right over.