Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    As much as I like the Chronicles, I hope they don’t only use information from it. Would take away any mystery of ancient Azeroth. Which other than HVA is essentially the other major theme of WoW.
    my hate seethes. horde vs. alliance was never, and never should be, the focus of warcraft. it was always focused on the big bad. the legion, the scourge.

i can't describe how much i hate people who push horde vs. alliance. i just cannot fully put it into words my depth of loathing.

i think i almost understand how hitler started the holocaust

yes, i'm triggered. faction conflict is my trigger.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2018-02-14 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    my hate seethes. horde vs. alliance was never, and never should be, the focus of warcraft. it was always focused on the big bad. the legion, the scourge.

i can't describe how much i hate people who push horde vs. alliance. i just cannot fully put it into words my depth of loathing.

The person you're quotting said "WoW" not "warcraft". It's irrefutable that one of the fundamental blocks of WoW (the mmorpg) was the faction conflict.
    Also, your comment was not only a bit unreasonable, but also incredibly psychotic. Jesus.

You know that both zones are old god influenced, the first raid is an old god and the second raid boss is a servant of the old gods right? You're falling for marketing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by axi0m View Post
    I'm curious if they're just going to write Thrall out off-screen because we haven't heard much of him as of late, unless I was just subconciously ignoring it because I dislike what he's become.
    Well unless Metzen does voice over work, but this is possible that they could retire him in a book.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Er, Warcraft 1 and 2 were 100% Alliance vs Horde, and a major part of Warcraft 3 as well. It is the very basis of Warcraft.

The conflict should always be there, to varying degrees.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2018-02-14 at 11:46 PM.

I don't care what other people say, BfA is an Old God expansion. Blizz must think that the Old Gods just aren't all that marketable to be the "centerpiece" of an expansion, and this is the third time blizz has done this (MoP and Cata being Old God expansions, even if they weren't marketed as such).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Well unless Metzen does voice over work, but this is possible that they could retire him in a book.
    Didnt he undergo some surgery recently or something?

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Didnt he undergo some surgery recently or something?
    Yes it was successful, so he is basically recovering now. Which is why I don't think their will not be any new Thrall stuff for awhile.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Er, Warcraft 1 and 2 were 100% Alliance vs Horde, and a major part of Warcraft 3 as well. It is the very basis of Warcraft.
    no it goddamned wasn't.

the horde was a pawn of the burning legion. then in warcraft 3, thrall takes the orcs and leaves to be in peace in kalimdor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Yes it was successful, so he is basically recovering now. Which is why I don't think their will not be any new Thrall stuff for awhile.
    Wonder if they will do the same with Thrall?
    Maybe Aggra has to take care of him, and Durak and their new born female girl can be helped looked after.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    The person you're quotting said "WoW" not "warcraft". It's irrefutable that one of the fundamental blocks of WoW (the mmorpg) was the faction conflict.
    Also, your comment was not only a bit unreasonable, but also incredibly psychotic. Jesus.
    We must secure the existence of our people and a future for anti-faction conflict children.

16 words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    They're still adding pretty basic assets, replacing the garrison building placeholders we saw in the trailer. Maps aren't in yet either.
    I didnt think there was anything wrong with garrison assets tbh. Should have reused those to make dev go faster imo.

no it goddamned wasn't.

the horde was a pawn of the burning legion. then in warcraft 3, thrall takes the orcs and leaves to be in peace in kalimdor.
    There was no Burning Legion in Warcraft 1 or 2, none of the expanded lore was created until the third game. For the first two games every single mission, every piece of story was solely about the Horde fighting the Alliance. Even in Warcraft 3 the conflict between the Horde and Alliance is a major point.

What are you even smoking to pretend the biggest staple of the entire series doesn't exist?

10+ Year Old Account
    There was no Burning Legion in Warcraft 1 or 2, none of the expanded lore was created until the third game. For the first two games every single mission, every piece of story was solely about the Horde fighting the Alliance. Even in Warcraft 3 the conflict between the Horde and Alliance is a major point.

What are you even smoking to pretend the biggest staple of the entire series doesn't exist?
    The story evolved, it's no longer about the two factions anymore.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account

the orcs didn't know they were a pawn of the burning legion back there, but it did have some mentions, i emember the death knights death magic, necromancers and some "daaemons"

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The story evolved, it's no longer about the two factions anymore.
    It has never stopped being about the two factions, and it never will. They don't have to always be in all-out war, but the conflict will always be there. As it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    the orcs didn't know they were a pawn of the burning legion back there, but it did have some mentions, i emember the death knights death magic, necromancers and some "daaemons"
    They were a minor footnote. And regardless, both games were still entirely about Horde vs Alliance. As was it also a major theme in Warcraft 3.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2018-02-15 at 12:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were a minor footnote. And regardless, both games were still entirely about Horde vs Alliance. As was it also a major theme in Warcraft 3.
    It took a backseat until it made sense in Warcraft III. Human Campaign? All about the Rise of the Scourge, Undead Campaign? Scourging Lordaeron and Sieging Quel'thalas and eventually bringing Archimonde into the fold. Horde/Orc Campaign pretty much was it's own thing until Jaina arrived. Night Elf campaign only had some faction conflict.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    It has never stopped being about the two factions, and it never will. They don't have to always be in all-out war, but the conflict will always be there. As it should be.

im not against faction war tough, still think is the core of the game, but the excuse now is pure shit, and they could make the alliance start things now, not bring up Garry 2.0
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-02-15 at 12:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    So, I wonder how much tears there'll be on the forums once they find out Saurfang is joining / helping the alliance once again.

I must say I am curious whether or not they'll be alliance. I am not expecting them to become alliance, but if Saurfang is the one to recruit them, it could happen. Almost as crazy as recruiting bloodthirsty worgen or death knights!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    So, I wonder how much tears there'll be on the forums once they find out Saurfang is joining / helping the alliance once again.

I must say I am curious whether or not they'll be alliance. I am not expecting them to become alliance, but if Saurfang is the one to recruit them, it could happen. Almost as crazy as recruiting bloodthirsty worgen or death knights!
    They aren't even on the same level but OK.

Warrior-Magi