Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    weird that they didnt add the hammer mog, but then, fuck healers
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they will add a xmog drop of the mace to yogg's table just for TW version, similar to warglaives, as a little extra incentive to run it.

EDIT: Meant to say "in the future" to this, but yeah...

Does it let you earn that level 80 ilvl 226 Algalon achievement?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Zeerus View Post
    I am really disappointed that they didn't add an item that would let players that have the legendary mace become xmogable. If that was added it would be the only reason to go into TWUlduar, but as it stands now, nope. No reason.
    Sometimes it would be nice if Blizzard could just do cool things without it adding precedent to be forced to do other similar cool things. It sucks they have to avoid doing cool things because the community will just complain why they did not add it to this and that as well.
    Just let them do cool things!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's kind of shit that you can't get the hammer for transmog by running it. What makes DHs so fucking special?

Yeah, the glaives have transmog, yet the hammer does not? And they will most likely never answer as to why, really...

most of the hard moves had an extra cache with gold/badges and a chance at loot of the SAME ilvl, so you are rewarded if you can knock them out, most of them are not too hard just about the right difficulty for someone that's not terrible to relive the content without the bosses quite falling over. We were running the raid to just knock it out but opted to do a few HMs so it didn't feel so trivial (Xt, council, Hodir, Thorim, Freya, one pull on mimiron then switched to easy modes to finish quickly)

We wiped once on XT because people didn't save cds to kill the heart even though I told them to, we wiped once on Steelbreaker because we used a rez on a dps early and didn't have one for a tank when they started blowing up at the end. One wipe on freya, hodir/thorim were terribly undertuned for their HMs and one shot both.

on a side note Iron council didn't have a cache that we could find, and didn't appear to drop extra loot but maybe it did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because its only a short time only they should have stuck in high end loot, that'll get more people to go there.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard a rumor that some people actually do it for fun. Gross.

Here is the verdict:
    -There are absolutely no rewards beyond what you can get in normal Ulduar (apart from the 500 TW badges from the quest).
    -Difficultywise, it's certainly a step up from Black Temple timewalking, however it's still significantly easier than when it was current (dps is a lot higher).
    -Trash is hard, harder than bosses in some cases.
    -Loot is 930, and can titanforge, personal loot only.
    -Hard modes can be activated although I am unclear if they offer any additional loot or not.
    -Algalon was absent, his room was locked and the console outside uninteractable. Unknown if clearing the four keepers on hard mode unlocks him.
    -Yogg-Saron has been heavily nerfed in phase 2 as there is no delay what so ever between him spawning the portals to enter the brain.
    -An average PuG, being lead by someone who is experienced with Ulduar and knows every mechanic inside out, assuming the raid listens, can expect to clear it easily wiping only a couple of times to the harder bosses (Mimiron).

My thoughts:
    -Great fun and nostalgic for someone that actually raided Ulduar 5 nights a week back in the day.
    -Lack of any reward makes it obsolete for any reason other than that.
    -Gear should have been slightly better (945) and hard modes should reward mythic equivalent gear (960) and be close to that level in difficulty.
    -A transmoggable legendary mace was a must, along with a recolored iron protodrake for normal, and a recolored mimirons head (green and black) for hard modes was needed.
    -Conclusion: Fun, but could have been molded into something much better. Wasted opportunity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvy View Post
    Here is the verdict:
    -There are absolutely no rewards beyond what you can get in normal Ulduar (apart from the 500 TW badges from the quest).
    -Difficultywise, it's certainly a step up from Black Temple timewalking, however it's still significantly easier than when it was current (dps is a lot higher).
    -Trash is hard, harder than bosses in some cases.
    -Loot is 930, and can titanforge, personal loot only.
    -Hard modes can be activated although I am unclear if they offer any additional loot or not.
    -Algalon was absent, his room was locked and the console outside uninteractable. Unknown if clearing the four keepers on hard mode unlocks him.
    -Yogg-Saron has been heavily nerfed in phase 2 as there is no delay what so ever between him spawning the portals to enter the brain.
    -An average PuG, being lead by someone who is experienced with Ulduar and knows every mechanic inside out, assuming the raid listens, can expect to clear it easily wiping only a couple of times to the harder bosses (Mimiron).

My thoughts:
    -Great fun and nostalgic for someone that actually raided Ulduar 5 nights a week back in the day.
    -Lack of any reward makes it obsolete for any reason other than that.
    -Gear should have been slightly better (945) and hard modes should reward mythic equivalent gear (960) and be close to that level in difficulty.
    -A transmoggable legendary mace was a must, along with a recolored iron protodrake for normal, and a recolored mimirons head (green and black) for hard modes was needed.
    -Conclusion: Fun, but could have been molded into something much better. Wasted opportunity.
    Time of completion?

Hours i would imagine.

BT TW was 2 and a bit hours with a group i did once.
    Average grp.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    If you can't find a reason because you have whatever there, don't go? We aren't your parents. Timewalking Ulduar is to revisit the old content.
    And for those of us that never experienced the content when it was current. I've only been playing since a few months before Pandaran Express(Which was an amazing expansion... it is where I learned how to tank). I just don't understand why people complain about such things. Maybe instead of complaining, you should go outside and get some fresh air. Maybe take up a new hobby. I hear gardening is fun. Geeze.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather have Moshugan Vaults, heart of fear and the Terrace of endless spring. Those were fun raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeerus View Post
    I am really disappointed that they didn't add an item that would let players that have the legendary mace become xmogable. If that was added it would be the only reason to go into TWUlduar, but as it stands now, nope. No reason.
    It may suck, but I totally get it. The Warglaives are a very icon part of the Demon Hunter look and style, and the Warglaives of Azzinoth are the most icon ones there are, wielded by the most icon Demon Hunter there is. The only reason they weren't flagged as Warglaives from the get-go is because they weren't a thing at the time.

Val'nyr, while cool and fairly iconic for that tier, is on nowhere near the same level. They aren't intrinsically tied to any class or hero, and was created for the raid.

Would it be cool if you could xmog legendary's through a similar means as the Warglaives? Absolutely. But that is a position Blizzard has long been against, and the Warglaives were an understandable exception to their rule.

Cause its Legion, the most rehashed expansion to date...

If you do 0 lights, Mim's head can drop, btw.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sad there is no monk, demon hunter transmog added like there was for monk, demon hunter, death knight for black temple.

That was kind of my whole wish. That, and val'anyr mog but all the healers use a 2h this time around anyway.

EDIT: Wait, shaman healers use a mace.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't wanna do this, as it seems pretty useless and all the dropped trinkets suck even if they procc TF.

But I might do it once just to get the quest completed.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Heeresman View Post
    Time of completion?

Hours i would imagine.

BT TW was 2 and a bit hours with a group i did once.
    Average grp.
    It was around 1hr and 45 mins roughly. Got lucky and didn't have too many leavers mind you, which is rare these days for PuGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Hi all.
    To those who have already ran TW Ulduar. If I: have Val'anyr, have Mimiron's head, have all achievements, don't care about transmo, don't need any gear there, don't need timewalk badges, have Herald of the Titans....
    Is there a reason to run it?
    Better said, did they add something new with the TW like they did with the warglaives transmo in TW Black Temple, or can I skip it? Can't find anything on MMOChampion or Wowhead.

I'd like to know before going there.
    the point is why work on new content when you can just releade nearly 10 year old shit and pretend you are giving something to people.

expect next ICC timewalking etc since blizzard is taking the path of least resistance atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, there's like zero mastery gear in there. I don't see the point doing it for mog either when I can just do the older version.