Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Vulnerable would've been fine if:

1/ Marked shot wasnt tied to a RNG proc of auto-attacks and the cast of a focus builder. That means, give Marked Shot the CD of the duration of Vulnerable window (for example, I know this is bad for AoE) and call it a day.

2/ Aimed Shot was either instant or castable in movement. Any movement inside the vulnerable window atm kills the cycle of "Arcane Shot - AiS - AiS" which is the bread and butter of the build.

Also I fail to realize where the complexity of the spec lies, other than handling movement. (that is, delaying vulnerable windows until you can stop moving).

There're 2 cycles that you have to master in the spec to rotate properly:

Windurst -> AS -> AS -> AiS -> AiS
    MS -> AS -> AiS -> AiS

That's not particullary hard, tbf.

I also like a lot that AiS has 2 charges in BfA. That means you can choose when to use it as long as you don't cap charges and it will not be a DPS loss, so you can handle movement a lot better.
    Last edited by Shirofune; 2018-02-14 at 07:11 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Being opinions on the spec are mostly subjective, I just don't enjoy the mechanic. Probably didn't "need" to change, though I'm glad it is, and keen to see what comes out of it.

Edit for the post above mine:
    I think that's essentially what the BFA Hunter's Mark is in that you're able to have a burn target at any time. As for mobility during these burn phases, afaik have been allowed movement while casting (I could be wrong on that).
    Last edited by Rockford; 2018-02-14 at 07:17 AM.

I like the current version of MM, although I feel it's a little on the weak side and rng based outside trueshot. With the eli trinket and boots you can have a really high uptime on trueshot tho which make it a lot better for the majority. At least I get a lot more dps being able to smash buttons more often.
    But I really like getting reworked spec every expansion because it freshens up the spec and give me another thing to look forward to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do whatever to MM to be honest, the abilities doesn't make much difference to me.

The ONLY important part is that we don't have to use pets at MM. Love Hunters, hate pets.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

10+ Year Old Account
    When you lock the best parts of a spec behind RNG, you effectively ruin it. That goes not just for MM, but all specs that a reliant on random procs to get the most out of them. In terms of remake, I think that would be going too far....a rework on some of the mechanics would be a better fit. Skilled predictability in PvE rotations that are not reliant on RNG, along with useful utility in PvP, and MM is in a good place.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    its not even complex lmao its boring
    What was so interesting about WoD MM? Yeah HFC hunter was great fun and super strong but let's not pretend it was any more intricate than live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    2/ Aimed Shot was either instant or castable in movement. Any movement inside the vulnerable window atm kills the cycle of "Arcane Shot - AiS - AiS" which is the bread and butter of the build.
    If the spec gets revamped because people have l2p issues, I'd be sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

What I dont like about any spec or class is that you can lose like 300k+ overall dps if you get targeted with a debuff wich results in you having to move so far out of range that you cant hit the boss anymore. (Considering MM mastery).
    This is what I feel is the biggest issue with MM hunter is that you lose so much if you have to move a bit. And if you dont proc Marked shot it very lackluster. I was a big fan of the Cata hunter. That was just perfect to me. Had a filler spell wich wasnt an instant cast ability that tickles the enemy. And moving didnt completely wreck you.

I don't mind MM as it is, but i do find it very very boring.

This is probably due to old MM/SV playstyles mind, Vulnerable is shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have always loved hunter, but this expansion, I just couldn't play it for long. I dislike the CS effect for them, just doesn't sit right with me, and SV got ruined imo. BM was fine but its one of the worst specs in the game right now. Go figure.

That being said, does it need a rework...id say yeah, but thats because I want to enjoy hunter again so my opinion isn't exactly worthy.

7+ Year Old Account
    All of the new MM stuff from the alpha looks amazing to be honest, looks like they are taking them back to a strong single target spec instead of a mass aoe physical damage spec and I coulldn't be happier, the new rapid fire looks awesome, some of the new talents look cool and lone wolf finally being baseline all great changes IMO. The only thing I would say needs changing still is aimed shot being able to be cast while moving.

It needs to be revamped to get rid of the vulnerable proc. I would like some combination of Cata and MoP hunter with lone wolf if I had the choice, but aspects and double steady shots probably aren't coming back, as well as kill shot and readiness.

The spec would be good if they made vulnerable a controllable debuff that the hunter has to keep up like when serpent sting increased damage but wasn't reset every time steady shot hit (old surv, MM used chimera shot). An rng proc as the basis of your damage is not good. It also really needs steady shot back and a feeling that is less spam and spray and more smooth shot placement. Cast steady while moving and I'd be fine either way with aimed (if stationary should hit harder).
    Last edited by Prokne; 2018-02-14 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichology View Post
    So you have people that play MM at a mythic/90%th percentile level talking about it's ceiling being high and vulnerable being a good mechanic, then the rest saying "lol it's so ez, snoozefest". Typical discussion here, nothing to see.

Just saying, you should probably invest the time into a spec where you're able to play it at a decent level before commenting about how boring it is
    its not boring, its just tedious. my arguement for disliking mm has been the same ever since they made it more beneficial to hard CAST aimed shot. if i wanted to play a caster.. i would roll a mage class... oh wait... i hate casting. also dont like feeling like my character is getting carried by my pet (i do no dmg). and i dont like melee in most games, this one included.
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

watching streams and it looks like somethings still missing imo. there's nothing that looks like a signature instant shot like Chimaera or Explosive used to be. i think once they add that it will be a lot better off.

watching streams and it looks like somethings still missing imo. there's nothing that looks like a signature instant shot like Chimaera or Explosive used to be. i think once they add that it will be a lot better off.
    almost forces you to go LnL at the moment for it to be the closest to it. i do like that steady shot is back and that there is an instant spender. i do however also want my pet back... lol... i picked hunter from vanilla launch because it used a bow and had a pet companion. now i either get a bow with no pet, do no damage myself, or am melee with a pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    As someone who was raiding mythic the entire expansion with MM, I can say that I enjoy it a lot and I think it is a shame they are changing it for the sake of simply making a change. Those that prefer easier rotations play BM.
    I'd rather they made BM harder, I love the pet spec but damn it can be boring.

Quote Originally Posted by aikanaro View Post
    almost forces you to go LnL at the moment for it to be the closest to it. i do like that steady shot is back and that there is an instant spender. i do however also want my pet back... lol... i picked hunter from vanilla launch because it used a bow and had a pet companion. now i either get a bow with no pet, do no damage myself, or am melee with a pet.
    you can use a pet now on MM on alpha though. you either dismiss pet and get the lone wolf buff, or go with the pet and lose the bonus damage.

you can use a pet now on MM on alpha though. you either dismiss pet and get the lone wolf buff, or go with the pet and lose the bonus damage.
    you can also do that now.. but its not worth the damage buff loss.

Quote Originally Posted by aikanaro View Post
    you can also do that now.. but its not worth the damage buff loss.
    It's not worth it now because Lone Wolf takes up a talent slot. It will be more balanced when Lone Wolf is baseline, at least on single targets.

I absolutely loathe the idea of having cast time on focus builder. No matter what happens to the spec I wont like it in bfa.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    I absolutely loathe the idea of having cast time on focus builder. No matter what happens to the spec I wont like it in bfa.
    so you played hunter for 1 expansion then?

also, its usable while moving and doesnt cause you to stop auto attacking.