Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It's a part of it, it's evolved since WCI and WCII, it'd get stale if it was just between the two factions.
    Same can be said about "Next Level Bigger Bad" Expansion power climb too. A little back and forth is damn refreshing. Keeps us leveled knowing there is always background radiation of your faction against another.

Deleted
    To prevent all this staleness there's only one thing for them to do. The other side of the planet boyz! And to our surprise that's where Final Fantasy 14 takes place.

Now the real war starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Demons in wow are dimensional too, i don't know what legion you are seeing, but they are chaotic naturally evil and just want to burn and consume everything, the Legion just have a goal because sargeras give to then
    they are inclined towards chaotic behavior due to fel being part of their genetic makeup, but are not 100% evil. they can choose how they want to behave.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    Isn't the Old Gods taking that role anyway? I mean, they're essentially coming from an all-consuming entity hellbent on destroying everything to nothingness. Which, essentially means extinguishing all life.
    yeah, the void is very lackluster. but it's better than faction war. anything is better than faction war.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they are inclined towards chaotic behavior due to fel being part of their genetic makeup, but are not 100% evil. they can choose how they want to behave.
    they are just like normal demons from hell, this construction of not being 100% evil or have different manners can be applied to any of then

i prefer demons from hell, not aliens, in the thematic sense

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    they are just like normal demons from hell, this construction of not being 100% evil or have different manners can be applied to any of then

i prefer demons from hell, not aliens, in the thematic sense
    that's not how demons from hell are at all. they are 100% evil, everything they do is to further evil. they have no personality, no life, they exist only to torment and further the cause of evil.

7+ Year Old Account
    that's not how demons from hell are at all. they are 100% evil, everything they do is to further evil. they have no personality, no life, they exist only to torment and further the cause of evil.
    they can be, and they can't be, depend of who write then, i already saw a lot of stories who are different, besides, most of the legion demons are like that anyway, the thematic of space aliens is inferior

Eh, everyone has instincts that feel good to fulfill. We get satisfaction and pleasure from eating when we're hungry, completing a construction, cuddling a loved one or pet, and from stuff like sex. A demon also has instincts that it is driven by, and takes satisfaction from. Sure, it has free will, but it is a creature of chaos and dark power. It gets satisfaction from destruction and disorder, seeks out power, and takes joy from inflicting negativity upon others. A WoW demon may be able to choose not to do these things. Just like I might choose to nearly starve myself for the rest of my life. I'm just not very likely to make that choice.

As for the Horde and Alliance conflict. I am not a fan. But I understand it'll sell a lot more copies of the game then putting N'Zoth on the box. At the very least, it'll move the story of Azeroth forward. I can't stand expansions that end up having no impact on the story of Azeroth, like WoD did.

yeah, the void is very lackluster. but it's better than faction war. anything is better than faction war.
    Because having yet another big bad allows for more character development than a war between characters with their own personalities?

We haven't had a good villain since the Lich King. (garrosh was kind of okay, but he was from a faction war which proves my point)

With Legion blizzard couldn't be assed to make threatening villains either. Them pulling a titan out of nowhere shows that.

I'm excited for a faction war because it seems like the only way blizzard knows how to show good character development between BOTH factions, which is something we really need right now.

One practical advantage of HvA is that the “always chasing a bigger bad” isn’t an issue. Ofc, that’s just in theory and it certainly doesn’t look like much of endgame’s story will be HvA and we are going to kick it off by killing an Old God.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Because having yet another big bad allows for more character development than a war between characters with their own personalities?

We haven't had a good villain since the Lich King. (garrosh was kind of okay, but he was from a faction war which proves my point)

With Legion blizzard couldn't be assed to make threatening villains either. Them pulling a titan out of nowhere shows that.

I'm excited for a faction war because it seems like the only way blizzard knows how to show good character development between BOTH factions, which is something we really need right now.
    I feel like that’s just a natural consequence of the necessity of short, contained mini stories. Arthas had time to be built up for years, so he was a lot more fleshed out.

I don’t think they can really do that anymore. They need to finish the stories they start quickly so as not to lose people’s attention.

Now you definitely could say the faction conflict does allow for long term build up as all of the main characters of the Horde and Alliance have been around for quite awhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    They should name the Frog loa Kek.
    I like the name he has already...
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Krag%27wa
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by ChowChillaCharlie View Post
    LMAO! This is the dumbest shit I've read in a long time.

The core of Warcraft/WoW is the faction conflict, and it will always be.
    There's always FF14 if you want a MMO where you can't hit each other.

You stay triggered in your corner while the rest of us march out into a glorious war~
    Sorry but u are just flat out wrong and it's embarrassing you choose to be while u insult ppl in a way that is wrong.

Like....the modern horde didn't exist till Warcraft 3 and almost all conflict was between one of those factions and the legion. The horde and alliance didn't start fighting till northern.

Where do ppl get this idea "war equals hva "

Fighting demons is war. Forming treaties and trucks is a part of war. Filling supply lines is a part of war.

Sorry but if u think war is all mindless killing u don't like war and are a fake fan.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless it's killing sylvannas the faction war is good and wholesome
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    She and Nathanos get rez'd by Anduin and take a vacation at the Steam Pools so they can fuck like rabbits for the next couple of expansions

I for one pick the last option.
    Only if we as PC get to join them...
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

The whole faction conflict in BfA feels like a misdirection.

"This expansion is totally about Horde vs. Alliance. Just ignore all the Old God shit. And Azshara, definetly don't notice her."

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    She and Nathanos get rez'd by Anduin and take a vacation at the Steam Pools so they can fuck like rabbits for the next couple of expansions

I for one pick the last option.
    Why contaminating Steam pools with undead crap ? Throw them to some dungeon they won't notice any difference to what they had so far.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

"This expansion is totally about Horde vs. Alliance. Just ignore all the Old God shit. And Azshara, definetly don't notice her."
    Well in the q and a they said that ppl were m8ssing this?was aalso the battle to SAVE zeroth.

It's like mists of pandaria
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Like....the modern horde didn't exist till Warcraft 3 and almost all conflict was between one of those factions and the legion. The horde and alliance didn't start fighting till northern.
    The very first Warcraft game (Warcraft: Orcs & Humans) started with the conflict between Humans and Orcs. No legion, no Undead Scourge, just plain old Orcs vs Humans.
    While this may not have been the Alliance and Horde as we know it today, the Humans and Orcs are basically the bulk of those two factions, and their war was the cornerstone of the Warcraft universe since forever.

max payn 3 till best

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

Of course it is misdirection.

The expansion is titled "Battle for Azeroth", not "Alliance vs. Horde". We are made to think we are fighting for Azeroth against the other faction, when really the fight for Azeroth is against Old Gods, Void Lords, Azshara and all that shit.

It starts with alliance vs horde bickering, but then... Player 3 has entered the game.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    I hope Azeroth (The Titan) wakes up at the end of BfA and basically goes all "angry mom" on us. Y'know, like an angry mom who walks in on her two sons fighting.

Azeroth: "Stop this fighting now! We have more important things to do. The Void Lords are plotting as we speak!"
    H&A: "But they started it!"
    A: "Remember Theramore!"
    H: "Remember Lordaeron! "
    A: "SOUTHSHORE"
    H: "CAMP TAURAJO"
    A: "Anduin Loth-"
    Azeroth: "SHUT IT. BOTH OF YOU. OR YOU'RE GETTING THE SLIPPER!"
    H&A: "B-but Lady Azeroth. You slipper would be the size of Kalimdor.."
    Azeroth: "Exactly..."

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    I hope Azeroth (The Titan) wakes up at the end of BfA and basically goes all "angry mom" on us. Y'know, like an angry mom who walks in on her two sons fighting.

Azeroth: "Stop this fighting now! We have more important things to do. The Void Lords are plotting as we speak!"
    H&A: "But they started it!"
    A: "Remember Theramore!"
    H: "Remember Lordaeron! "
    A: "SOUTHSHORE"
    H: "CAMP TAURAJO"
    A: "Anduin Loth-"
    Azeroth: "SHUT IT. BOTH OF YOU. OR YOU'RE GETTING THE SLIPPER!"
    H&A: "B-but Lady Azeroth. You slipper would be the size of Kalimdor.."
    Azeroth: "Exactly..."
    I don't think any anger from Azeroth is ever going to be directed at the player directly. Maybe at the Horde and Alliance in general, but if I remember correctly the sole reason why Magni gave the player this necklace is to heal Azeroth.