Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by andy123456 View Post
    almost every race in wow is some what responsible in bringing legion to azeroth.

you counter your own statement that night elf did nothing when legion invaded
    What have the dwarfs/cows every done to bring the legion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE BAD GUYS!

I'm tired of getting called hero and helping the Alliance every turn...that's not why I joined the horde when I first started playing!

But there are no good guys or bad guys, its all about perspective. Life isn't black and white, neither is the game.
    This guy gets it.

I want the horde to be strong and try and crush the alliance workling together is lame, garrosh was right the rest of the horde just didn’t have the brains to back him up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    Christie Golden says to not take everything as a fact. most likely scenario is that someone else burns down the damn tree and the horde gets the blame, starting the new war.

Why would the horde burn the tree if they can capture it? THINK!
    I want to believe Nathanos does it, but another part of me wants to believe Queen Azshara did it.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    4 months until the book.
    Yep. I am waiting for that
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    Oh. So your going to call me a idiot because your Horde is not even honorable. Only time Horde was honorable was when Thrall and Vol'jin was around. But you got warchief who now in days doesn't care about honor and respect to rest of the races of the horde and only use them as tools. Yet you call people idiots because of a difference between legion and now this new horde. Get out of here that statement.
    warcraft 1 and and most of 2 are burning legion vs. azeroth, not the horde, not the orcs of their own accord. they are effectively demonic slaves.

warcraft 3 has the orcs escape to find peace in kalimdor, away from the humans. there was conflict with the horde then, because the humans attempted to follow them and jaina helped stop that. then the focus of the game is on the burning legion and scourge.

warcraft. the war in warcraft. it has always been against the bigger bad. the faction conflict is a focus for as long as it takes thrall to leave for kalimdor for peace. that's it. horde vs. alliance is not, has not ever, and should not ever be the focus of this game.

do you know what made it the focus of this game? mouthbreathing profligates that lacked any scope of vision playing warcraft 3 once and then saying "omg horde ugly bad guyz XDDDDDDDDDD redbad guyz XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD" and blizzard using the outdated faction system(outdated even in 2004) only made it worse.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2018-02-14 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    warcraft 1 and and most of 2 are burning legion vs. azeroth, not the horde, not the orcs of their own accord. they are effectively demonic slaves.

warcraft 3 has the orcs escape to find peace in kalimdor, away from the humans. there was conflict with the horde then, because the humans attempted to follow them and jaina helped stop that. then the focus of the game is on the burning legion and scourge.

warcraft. the war in warcraft. it has always been against the bigger bad. the faction conflict is a focus for as long as it takes thrall to leave for kalimdor for peace. that's it. horde vs. alliance is not, has not ever, and should not ever be the focus of this game.

do you know what made it the focus of this game? mouthbreathing profligates that lacked any scope of vision playing warcraft 3 once and then saying "omg horde ugly bad guyz XDDDDDDDDDD redbad guyz XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD" and blizzard using the outdated faction system(outdated even in 2004) only made it worse.
    The Orcish Horde weren't mind slaves. Demon's blood made them angrier and more violent, it didn't plant commands in their head. It should be obvious by now that Orcs are bloodthirsty and violent just by their nature. Literally all it took was Garrosh throwing around the word "glory" to get them to exactly the same mindset as the Orcish Horde, and the Iron Horde didn't even fucking touch fel-magic and was perfectly willing to invade Azeroth to conquer and destroy.

It sure wasn't the Legion that pulled all the shit Sylvanas has done, or Putress, or Garrosh.

The Orcish Horde and current Horde are two very different groups, but the current Horde isn't all that much better between the Orcs and the Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    Well outside of Ashran the Horde and Alliance had a truce since the end of MoP. This was broken when Genn attacked the horde without warning in stormhiem attempting to kill its leader. Then they attack again when the horde is mining in silithus. I am fairly sure the alliance started this renewed war.
    Don't you get it. The alliance could be attacking horde all over Azeroth for years, but the moment the horde punches back it is immoral, illegal and warmongering. Well according to some of the logic of posters in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    so how do u think lorthemar, liadrin, the blood elf population of silvermoon, etc. feel about this plan

are you sure the world isnt just a little more complex than sylvanas's solution is accounting for here
    She saw that as a willing sacrifice for the greater good - she chose Kalimdor for Slithius. Tbf the blood elves tried to jump ship last time so why would any horde care about them? With the Nightborne on team red, all the elves can just go there and make a new portal to the sunwell.

- - - Updated - - -

Well outside of Ashran the Horde and Alliance had a truce since the end of MoP. This was broken when Genn attacked the horde without warning in stormhiem attempting to kill its leader. Then they attack again when the horde is mining in silithus. I am fairly sure the alliance started this renewed war.
    Genn saw an opportunity for vengeance and went for it - can't blame him after a certain someone plague bombed your home and in his eyes they left Varian die.

And let's be real, if the alliance rocked up beside them to mine as well, you really think the horde would be like cool no problem take my shovel? No they would have gone for the kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    Genn saw an opportunity for vengeance and went for it - can't blame him after a certain someone plague bombed your home and in his eyes they left Varian die.
    When they were in the middle of a war against the Burning Legion. Good thing he can prioritize.

5+ Year Old Account
    Things are subject to change, so we can't take everything for 100%, i think the narrative that they are TRYING to push is yes Sylvanas still has that sociopathic side to her but MAYBE just MAYBE her character is developing into someone who just wants to secure the horde, by any means, she does not care about honor or tactics, all things go for her, This has been obvious for a long time, but she probably is just trying to Ensure the Hordes survival in a darker light. We know the Alliance are inherently more open and more regulated on tactics and morality but they also have not had to face the struggles of the Horde and instability, now we are facing the question of, how far will both sides go?

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    You guys enjoy all the Horde pride. The Alliance will be chilling with High Overlord Saurfang and Brown Orcs come 8.1

http://www.wowhead.com/news=281843/b...-and-lordaeron
    To me that sounds like a reasonable leader. She shuts down Saurfang's bullshit and tells him to live another day instead of just jumping into a fight they were losing. She tells him to not make the same mistake his son did. Nothing evil there. General Nazgrim was raised by the death knights and everything is fine, but Sylvanas was making a comment more on a whim. It may not have been literal. So many people take dialogue text so literally. We haven't even heard her tone while making that comment. That could change it drastically.

Only thing I don't like is her basically giving up Quel'thalas and Lordaeron. That doesn't fit her character. Why would she abandon her homelands for spikes and huts in Kalimdor?
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2018-02-15 at 02:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post

And let's be real, if the alliance rocked up beside them to mine as well, you really think the horde would be like cool no problem take my shovel? No they would have gone for the kill.
    So? That doesn’t make the alliance any less the aggressor in this renewed war. The horde and alliance were at an uneasy peace. Just because someone sees a chance for revenge doesn’t make it a valid cause for war much less when you are already having a larger war.

Genn is a warmonger motivated by vengeance. This makes him the worst type of advisor in this situation. If anyone had bothered to ask the horde, why they retreated they would understand they had to. Surely thralls word would mean a little to the alliance. But no, you had genn pushing for war before they even got back to Stormwind. Then he went off on his way with an admiral who committed what most would consider a war crime shooting unarmed orcs trying not to drown in MoP. It seems when it comes to atrocity's everyone wants the horde to be held to account but turns a blind eye to the alliance.

I know alliance fans think the horde should have stood its ground losing its entire leadership. So that what? Maybe the alliance kill Gul’dan? That is still highly unlikely as Gul’dan and the legion planned the entire events. The horde would have only been able to hold out a little longer. Best case you kill Gul’dan and still can’t do anything to shut down the tomb portal with no pillars. You still get overrun likely worse if your forces had pushed into the tomb. Now you must fight the legion with one faction in total collapse gg legion wins.

Also, if the alliance set up and started mining next to the horde I am sure it would have sparked a conflict. Silithus is an unclaimed territory so the first one to set up shop to use the resource would have a more valid claim than someone who shows up second. In that scenario though yes it would have been more of a gray area on who was at fault.
    Last edited by Rumred; 2018-02-15 at 02:56 AM.

Deleted
    I know alliance fans think the horde should have stood its ground losing its entire leadership.
    I haven't seen anyone actually say this, but whoever did is an idiot.

The Horde pulled back because they were being overrun, and moments later the Alliance did the exact same thing, which tells me that if they were the ones up on that ridge they would've backed out just as the Horde did. They aren't idiots, as opposed to some of the fanboys in here.

How do you not understand that they are bad?

Suprise! Varimathras wasn't responsible for the Wrath Gate incident. Sylvannas was.

Goblins weren't responsible for the bombing of Theramore - Garrosh was.

Garithos wasn't the real reason the Elves went rogue to join the Horde - Lo'thermar was, where their caste society broke down, made pacts for fel energy with the demons and cannibalized their own kind.

The nightborne found redemption through nature - Thalissra rejected it out of spite and false pride.

Etc etc...

The orcs didn't mean to murder Cenarius
    The orcs didn't mean to unleash Y'saraaj
    The orcs didn't mean to invade other worlds
    The orcs didn't mean to be complicit with the legion...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    How do you not understand that they are bad?

Suprise! Varimathras wasn't responsible for the Wrath Gate incident. Sylvannas was.

Goblins weren't responsible for the bombing of Theramore - Garrosh was.

Garithos wasn't the real reason the Elves went rogue to join the Horde - Lo'thermar was, where their caste society broke down, made pacts for fel energy with the demons and cannibalized their own kind.

The nightborne found redemption through nature - Thalissra rejected it out of spite and false pride.

Etc etc...

The orcs didn't mean to murder Cenarius
    The orcs didn't mean to unleash Y'saraaj
    The orcs didn't mean to invade other worlds
    The orcs didn't mean to be complicit with the legion...
    I have no idea if this is supposed to be a joke post or not...

10+ Year Old Account
    Confirmed: Death to alliance scum

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChowChillaCharlie View Post

Must be a joke from him, because he ignores the fact that Theramore was housing Alliance Soldiers that slaughtered the Tauren Village and the Tauren within.

And It's not like Garithos (Who was a member of the Alliance of Lordareon which is not the same Alliance) used the Blood Elves as cannon fodder which pissed them off (Rightfully so)

AND IT'S NOT LIKE WE KILLED THE PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WRATH GATE INCIDENT.

How about Greymane? Or how I like to call him: Genn Trump, first person to build a wall and tell his "allies" to fuck off.

Take your Rose-tinted glasses off and look at the facts, Both factions are terrible when you take your personal feelings away and just look at the facts.

Yeah, everything about the alliance version of events is skewed. Orcs not so much invaders as refugees, while we can see on Argus, cooperation with the legion is hardly a matter of compliance, Sargeras comes to world's looking like space jesus while the races of Azeroth never resisted the Legion's gifts, they were never asked, because the Pillars of Creation prevented that. Or I don't know what they're talking about with the nightborne: Thalyssra dismantled the Nightwell & Shaldrasil is still there. Or Lorethemar...pretty sure he's confusing Lorethemar for Kaelthas.

I haven't seen anyone actually say this, but whoever did is an idiot.

The Horde pulled back because they were being overrun, and moments later the Alliance did the exact same thing, which tells me that if they were the ones up on that ridge they would've backed out just as the Horde did. They aren't idiots, as opposed to some of the fanboys in here.
    Right after the broken shore came out. Many people on this forum were crying the horde betrayed the alliance. This wasn't from an RP stand point either.....

Deleted
    Right after the broken shore came out. Many people on this forum were crying the horde betrayed the alliance. This wasn't from an RP stand point either.....
    Alright, so irl idiots who takes their faction pride way to seriously.

Alright, so irl idiots who takes their faction pride way to seriously.
    Spot on lol.