Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What the fuck is "content"

For the past 12 years or so this word has become as cancerous as the term "toxic gaming environment". It's not just MMOs, it's every type of game.

The fuck is CONTENT?

Meaningless side tasks like farming crafting materials and achievements which require no more brain cells than just having the patience to deal with endless grind?

Farming levels?

Unlocking shit just to get that small hit of dopamine in your brain cause you feel like you're doing something which validates your life?

You know what unlocks and achievements and "side tasks" Counter Strike had when it came out? NOTHING.

You know what unlocks and achievements and "side tasks" Starcraft 1 had when it came out? NOTHING.

You want 10+ more examples of all time most popular games in history? The answer to the question is still: NOTHING.

The fuck do people bitch about in games like Destiny 2, Diablo 3, Dragon Age Origins and Battlefront?

You want fucking grind to make you feel like you're achieving something in your lives through what you call "hard work". That's all you fucking want. Well guess what, the rest of us buy video games, KEYWORD: GAME. Not second life. Not reason to define our existence and worth with. GAME.

Content is literally anything you can do in a game. The end.

Sounds like someone's going existential. You've come to the right place, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by rybat117 View Post
    Sounds like someone's going existential. You've come to the right place, my friend.
    No it's just when i see people talking about how some game's "content" is better than another's I just flip my shit because their examples make 0 sense.

"WoW has pet battles and dungeons!"

Oh my god who the fuck cares! Pokemon and 5 man instances, the other game only has 3 man instances and a raid. So shameful and unacceptable!

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    You want fucking grind to make you feel like you're achieving something in your lives through what you call "hard work". That's all you fucking want. Well guess what, the rest of us buy video games, KEYWORD: GAME. Not second life. Not reason to define our existence and worth with. GAME.
    Oh so you're better than them because they choose to define their life by something you don't see as being worthwhile, tell me more.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Oh so you're better than them because they choose to define their life by something you don't see as being worthwhile, tell me more.
    There's a million korean mmos out there which you will never complete if grinding pixels is your life definition of worthwhile path.

10+ Year Old Account
    content is sending azeroth to hell and telling players there weren't more dungeons because of it

There's a million korean mmos out there which you will never complete if grinding pixels is your life definition of worthwhile path.
    Name these million.

Bet at most you can name 10-20.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-15 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    So you sit there at your PC, go to a gaming forum to tell everyone else they could be doing something better than playing games with their spare time?

What a clown

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    So you sit there at your PC, go to a gaming forum to tell everyone else they could be doing something better than playing games with their spare time?

What a clown
    Look through the OP's history to be fair....

Deleted
    inb4 somebody says an achievement for doing x quests counts as content as much as those quests

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post

What a clown
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by desdelian View Post
    inb4 somebody says an achievement for doing x quests counts as content as much as those quests
    The quests themselves are content. The achievement is a reward for completing said content. Simple as that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    The quests themselves are content. The achievement is a reward for completing said content. Simple as that.
    not according to mmo-champion, my friend

Quote Originally Posted by desdelian View Post
    not according to mmo-champion, my friend
    Most of MMO-C is wrong half the time.

I find it amusing someone like you thinks the phrase (not term) “toxic gaming environment” is “cancerous”, based on your colorful descriptions.

As for your thread topic, “content” is the things you do in a game. Without content, a game is nothing. Rocket League’s content is maps, customization options, and a ball. Counter-Strike’s content is maps, equipment, guns, hostages, and a bomb. WoW’s content is too numerous to post specifically in a single sentence, but it all boils down to hitting things to get better gear to hit things harder, along with side stuff like controlling things that hit other things.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    I find it amusing someone like you thinks the phrase (not term) “toxic gaming environment” is “cancerous”, based on your colorful descriptions.

As for your thread topic, “content” is the things you do in a game. Without content, a game is nothing. Rocket League’s content is maps, customization options, and a ball. Counter-Strike’s content is maps, equipment, guns, hostages, and a bomb. WoW’s content is too numerous to post specifically in a single sentence, but it all boils down to hitting things to get better gear to hit things harder, along with side stuff like controlling things that hit other things.
    So then what's people's problem with games like Destiny 2, whose only difference from WoW is that it hasn't been out long enough yet to have as many dungeons, raids and meaningless side activities? (which WoW itself didn't have at launch)

7+ Year Old Account
    Anything that is designed that players actively interact with. A player driven experience isn't content, but of course the exact line between player driven and designed is blurry. Surely PvP is both player driven and designed, which causes it to contain content (arena and battlegrounds) and stuff that isn't content, such as open world PvP. RPing isn't content in WoW, but it in RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Look through the OP's history to be fair....
    How is that being fair? What do any of my previous posts have to do with this thread.

Oh never mind, just a another 5k+ poster grinding his post count in hopes of becoming a mod. Don't worry, if Darsithis' inane posts during WOTLK got it a mod label, anyone can.

How is that being fair? What do any of my previous posts have to do with this thread.

Oh never mind, just a another 5k+ poster grinding his post count in hopes of becoming a mod. Don't worry, if Darsithis' inane posts during WOTLK got it a mod label, anyone can.
    Not interested in a mod position. You seem really focused on a specific poster though for some reason.

Nice to see you still using your "post grinder" line. <3

Care to name those million Korean MMOs for me though?

- - - Updated - - -

So then what's people's problem with games like Destiny 2, whose only difference from WoW is that it hasn't been out long enough yet to have as many dungeons, raids and meaningless side activities? (which WoW itself didn't have at launch)
    Consistently bad decisions by the devs for the most part. Plus them trying to push Eververse as much as possible from what I recall.

And the content being subpar at best. The expansion "raid" was just them adding another wing to the current one rather than a new raid.

Basically they've been making similar mistakes that they made in Destiny 1. If you dig about you can find the player issues all over the internet.