Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    PSA for those who want to talk about gun control - https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Control-Thread

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah! then we can have mass people getting run over and getting attacked with acid instead!
    You're not for real, right? You're not this stupid?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Missed View Post
    I was being sarcastic. It's what people always say. We have to do something about mental health. As if people anywhere else don't have mental health issues.
    I know, I was joining in on the sarcasm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It's the new "Guns don't kill people, people do" argument. It's meant to deflect away from the real problem. The problem that other countries have managed to solve.
    I'm aware, again sarcasm is hard to read apparently, yes it is clearly the guns, it is beyond obvious and any American to say otherwise at this point is either too stupid to talk with about this subject or just lying/doesn't care.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    You're not for real, right? You're not this stupid?
    It's worth pointing out people getting ran over in terror attacks is a relatively rare event compared to mass shootings but remember, they will twist anything to the point it's bullshit to defend their precious right to slaughter each other. Also worth pointing out that America has to point out our terror attacks to try to defend their mass shootings, but they have mass shootings AND terror attacks, so that logic doesn't make any god damn sense.
    Lok'tar Ogar! Death to the Alliance filth in the name of the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    How exactly will it do that? Even if the additional gun control laws that are asked for were in place they wouldn't have prevented shootings like these. A lot of these shooters would have been able to get those weapons legally with or without the proposed gun control laws.

Australia implemented harsh control sometime after a massacre in Tasmania and it's been okay since, of course nothing is perfect but we sure as hell are not having mass shootings every other month and that's being generous it's quite glaringly obvious that if guns are not as accessible and in such large quantities then the chances of someone who would do this attaining one goes down, not to an absolute zero but it goes down nonetheless and some would argue a significant amount, but you wont know unless you try it.

until that day let it be a shooting every month I don't care it's not my country.

ps some scrawny nerd who plays wow all day wanted to shoot up a school but it was "illegal" yes, he would have a hard time getting one, I am that scrawny nerd and I wouldn't even know where to start, just as an example of course but that's because my country has measures in place to make it difficult even for legal gun owners to have one and if they do it's locked in a safe without a magazine and the bullets are in a seperate safe.
    gl
    Last edited by Mulled; 2018-02-15 at 11:39 AM.

So according to ABC: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-1...-video/9449268

This is a person who has a very long history of:
    - Posting on social media about how much he wanted to be a professional school shooter. I've found examples of him saying this all over YouTube. You'd think with all the surveillance powers granted to the government these days that they could've spotted this, and they did - but then didn't care.
    - Was already known to be interested in guns, even though he was too young to get them legally
    - Had gotten himself expelled for being a disruptive nuisance

Obviously the boy is insane.

Almost every time there is a mass shooting, we know about the suspect beforehand. There have been a few exceptions, yes, but they're very rare. In Europe, these people would be locked up because they're obviously crazy, menacing, and dangerous, but for some reason the US justice system decided to do absolutely nothing. Why?!

The fault of this lies entirely with law enforcement, not lawmakers. I am sick and tired of seeing awful law enforcement blame lawmakers for their own incompetence. There is absolutely no reason why this kid wasn't locked up in a mental asylum other than an incompetent local court OR an incompetent police force.

And by the way, anybody claiming that this could only have been prevented by preventing the sale of guns don't know what they're talking about. Making guns illegal doesn't help - if I had several years of undisturbed time to find myself a gun illegally in Denmark, where guns and even long knives are very much illegal, then I could have done so quite easily. The problem that I would run into here is that my neighbours, family, etc. would notice this and call the police and I'd be thrown in an asylum where I would belong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post

- Posting on social media about how much he wanted to be a professional school shooter. I've found examples of him saying this all over YouTube. You'd think with all the surveillance powers granted to the government these days that they could've spotted this, and they did - but then didn't care.
    - Was already known to be interested in guns, even though he was too young to get them legally

Almost every time there is a mass shooting, we know about the suspect beforehand. There have been a few exceptions, yes, but they're very rare. In Europe, these people would be locked up because they're obviously crazy, menacing, and dangerous, but for some reason the US justice system decided to do absolutely nothing. Why?!

The fault of this lies entirely with law enforcement, not lawmakers. I am sick and tired of seeing awful law enforcement blame lawmakers for their own incompetence. There is absolutely no reason why this kid wasn't locked up in a mental asylum other than an incompetent local court OR an incompetent police force.

And by the way, anybody claiming that this could only have been prevented by preventing the sale of guns don't know what they're talking about. Making guns illegal doesn't help - if I had several years of undisturbed time to find myself a gun illegally in Denmark, where guns and even long knives are very much illegal, then I could have done so quite easily. The problem that I would run into here is that my neighbours, family, etc. would notice this and call the police and I'd be thrown in an asylum where I would belong.
    You could have found a gun easily as a 18 years old in denmark?
    Bullshit. Guns aren't easily available and they're usually found DEEP IN the underground world of criminality. Not the place for an 18 years old unless you have connections.

7+ Year Old Account

Before you attack gun control as an idea explain to me why this only happens at such frequant rates in America. We all have mental health issues in all countries, but we don't have America's problems. I wonder why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokresh View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I'm aware, again sarcasm is hard to read apparently, yes it is clearly the guns, it is beyond obvious and any American to say otherwise at this point is either too stupid to talk with about this subject or just lying/doesn't care.

- - - Updated - - -

It's worth pointing out people getting ran over in terror attacks is a relatively rare event compared to mass shootings but remember, they will twist anything to the point it's bullshit to defend their precious right to slaughter each other. Also worth pointing out that America has to point out our terror attacks to try to defend their mass shootings, but they have mass shootings AND terror attacks, so that logic doesn't make any god damn sense.
    Plus they are even more rarely caused by natives. When we have a fucked up event like Anders Behring Breivik in EU its not just sweeped under the rug like "criminals gunna be criminals u no? Notting we can do"

Mental health? Mhmm, It's interesting how America is the only country in the world with mental health problems now, so glad all the other countries cured it.
    To be completely honest with you, I actually do think the US has more mental health issues in schools than the surrounding countries, because the American school system is awful from what I can tell.

They rank very low on educational development for a first world country, and virtually every boy over there is on ritalin and adderall. There is some kind of abuse going on here that we don't see in Europe, and this is probably a big part of the reason.

And?

Since Sandy Hook, none of this matter. Obviously the right for the white male to offset their small dicks with guns is so great that the killing of 20 6-7yo didn't change nothing.

None of those facts matter, until the US, as a whole community, stop acting like teenagers.

To be completely honest with you, I actually do think the US has more mental health issues in schools than the surrounding countries, because the American school system is awful from what I can tell.

They rank very low on educational development for a first world country, and virtually every boy over there is on ritalin and adderall. There is some kind of abuse going on here that we don't see in Europe, and this is probably a big part of the reason.
    Oh that's true there. America NEEDS a few decades of isolationism to fix itself. It won't though cause it's controlled by various lobbies. I don't see a nice path ahead for the US I admit.

Before you attack gun control as an idea explain to me why this only happens at such frequant rates in America. We all have mental health issues in all countries, but we don't have America's problems. I wonder why.
    In addition to what I just posted above (the school system), I think that law enforcement has a lot to do with it. Even if I accept the premise that America has the same number of insane kids as other countries, I do not accept that they handle these insane kids correctly, as this exactly clearly demonstrates. This would NEVER EVER happen in Denmark - not because of gun control - but because the authorities would act and throw the kid into a mental hospital or take the kid away from his parents.

They knew this child had issues. Deal with it before it escalates like this!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Oh right. Sorry slept on the sofa last night a bit rough

Deleted

There are several other factors then just the availability. Its the casual "for fun" treatement guns thats part of the problem. In Denmark even if you have a permit to own a handgun, which is hard to get, you need a safe to store it in, you arent allowed to carry it outside of a secure safe and you sure as hell arent allowed to keep bullets outside of a safe either. Its not allowed to even be loaded inside the safe.

Stuff like this enhances the way we percieve guns. Its something serious. Its something you dont just have lying around.

With so many people defending their right to own, fire and have sex with firearms in the US its no wonder people think actually using them is something more casual

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Guess it's time to reset the 'Days Since Our Last Nonsense' counter.
    Considering the frequency of Mass Shootings in the USA, that shouldn't be too hard. Pretty sure that counter never even hits double digits. Hell, for most of the year, it could be run on binary: Was there a mass shooting today? Yes / No.

7+ Year Old Account

I call bullshit, 1 in 4 people in England have a mental health Eposiode each year.

- - - Updated - - -

I find it abyssal how America has one key difference with every other country and they somehow claim it is everything but that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulled View Post
    Australia implemented harsh control sometime after a massacre in Tasmania and it's been okay since, of course nothing is perfect but we sure as hell are not having mass shootings every other month and that's being generous it's quite glaringly obvious that if guns are not as accessible and in such large quantities then the chances of someone who would do this attaining one goes down, not to an absolute zero but it goes down nonetheless and some would argue a significant amount, but you wont know unless you try it.
    You mean "severe" mass shootings. If you go by the government accepted definition of a Mass Shooting, the USA usually counts them on a #per day basis.

Deleted
    I call bullshit, 1 in 4 people in England have a mental health Eposiode each year.

- - - Updated - - -

I find it abyssal how America has one key difference with every other country and they somehow claim it is everything but that.
    "No its not the guns fault. The guns are our friends and they protect us. Its those goddamn criminals. We need more walls!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    There are several other factors then just the availability. Its the casual "for fun" treatement guns thats part of the problem. In Denmark even if you have a permit to own a handgun, which is hard to get, you need a safe to store it in, you arent allowed to carry it outside of a secure safe and you sure as hell arent allowed to keep bullets outside of a safe either. Its not allowed to even be loaded inside the safe.

Stuff like this enhances the way we percieve guns. Its something serious. Its something you dont just have lying around.

With so many people defending their right to own, fire and have sex with firearms in the US its no wonder people think actually using them is something more casual
    Ironically, this culture has happened because of the anti-gun lobby.

Let me unpack that: Weapons are indeed supposed to be a tool for self-defense. That does not mean you should be proud of owning guns or should be hanging them on the walls, or have them lying around your house loaded with ammo.

However, because the USA is founded on freedom and small government and an ever-expanding and fiscally irresponsible government keeps trying to take them away, it gets very culturally attractive to do those things to show that you are still free in spite of the government. Guns become a symbol of Americanism, and if it's a symbol, it must be all over the place as decoration, and that's when guns sell like hotcakes and end up in homes in these numbers.

Here's my message to America: Fix your education system and stop giving ritalin and adderall to kids, fix your law enforcement and justice system (get rid of bail and be ready to take children into custody if they're obviously insane), make some campaigns for responsible gun ownership, but stop trying to mess with your 2nd amendment.

Ironically, this culture has happened because of the anti-gun lobby.

Let me unpack that: Weapons are indeed supposed to be a tool for self-defense. That does not mean you should be proud of owning guns or should be hanging them on the walls, or have them lying around your house loaded with ammo.

However, because the USA is founded on freedom and small government and an ever-expanding and fiscally irresponsible government keeps trying to take them away, it gets very culturally attractive to do those things to show that you are still free in spite of the government. Guns become a symbol of Americanism, and if it's a symbol, it must be all over the place as decoration, and that's when guns sell like hotcakes and end up in homes in these numbers.

Here's my message to America: Fix your education system and stop giving ritalin and adderall to kids, fix your law enforcement and justice system (get rid of bail and be ready to take children into custody if they're obviously insane), make some campaigns for responsible gun ownership, but stop trying to mess with your 2nd amendment.
    Whenever I see America and small government I get a chill down my spine. 17 intelligence agencies was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post

Exactly! Guns in America have become a symbol for freedom, instead of a symbol for being deadly weapons. This has to change!