Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Have you ever fought back against abuse?

I can't say I've ever gotten "revenge" or fought back against my neglect, but I learned to mostly block it out or to remove myself from the situation. I've learned to not dwell on the negatives within my life and I try to stay as optimistic of the future as possible.

My great-grandfather—an immigrant from Italy and a stonemason—was abusive in multiple ways to my grandfather and his siblings. One day however, when he was around 17, he eventually got tired of his shit and threw him down the stairs. After that he never raised a hand to him or insulted my grandfather.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I can't say I've ever gotten "revenge" or fought back against my neglect, but I learned to mostly block it out or to remove myself from the situation. I've learned to not dwell on the negatives within my life and I try to stay as optimistic of the future as possible.

My great-grandfather—an immigrant from Italy and a stonemason—was abusive in multiple ways to my grandfather and his siblings. One day however, when he was around 17, he eventually got tired of his shit and threw him down the stairs. After that he never raised a hand to him or insulted my grandfather.
    I let people know very quickly I will not be taken advantage of, or treated badly in any way. You have to let the people who will do it know, or they’ll keep on doing it. They see prey, it’s unfortunate but true. It doesn’t have to get to the point of being physical if you just let them know this is unacceptable. You’ll probably get more respect for it.

Some random stranger guy that was walking on the other side of the street was neglecting me, so I ran across 4 lanes of traffic and kicked his ass.

Don't let people abuse you like this. Fight back.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Some random stranger guy that was walking on the other side of the street was neglecting me, so I ran across 4 lanes of traffic and kicked his ass.

Don't let people abuse you like this. Fight back.

Did you ever get in fights while in Thailand?

Yep.

It doesn't always end well, though. I beat up my father at sixteen to protect my mother and sister when he grew violent after too much alcohol...which was a frequent occurrence for him. The police got involved and he was in a position to press charges. He didn't, though only because he knew he'd get into trouble himself. Thankfully he was finally kicked out after that and I've not seen him for over a decade now.

I am fiercely protective of my friends, close family and my cat. I'm not a naturally aggressive or confrontational person, but if somebody threatens someone I care about then I lose my cool.

Moved towns, new school. First day I had someone trying to get all boss... put him on his as$, next seven years of school were a breeze.

10+ Year Old Account

Not abuse towards me, but I definitely held a man with a knife to his throat when I found him abusing someone else.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Yep.

It doesn't always end well, though. I beat up my father at sixteen to protect my mother and sister when he grew violent after too much alcohol...which was a frequent occurrence for him. The police got involved and he was in a position to press charges. He didn't, though only because he knew he'd get into trouble himself. Thankfully he was finally kicked out after that and I've not seen him for over a decade now.

I am fiercely protective of my friends, close family and my cat. I'm not a naturally aggressive or confrontational person, but if somebody threatens someone I care about then I lose my cool.
    Wow, I'm sorry you had to go through that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Not abuse towards me, but I definitely held a man with a knife to his throat when I found him abusing someone else.
    Who was he abusing, if I may ask?

I've never had to resort to violence, but I haven't allowed people to treat me badly either. I know how to stand up to people and solve most problems through talking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Did you ever get in fights while in Thailand?
    You want to do everything you can to avoid going to a Thailand jail, so no tourists ever try to fight usually, but coincidentally (in relation to the thread title), me and my friends got into it with a couple of UK dudes who were harassing one of the waitresses at a bar near 1 of our hotels.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

'Fought back' is a a bit of a stretch...ish? I ran away from home because I...was not well off at all. Not just being dramatic. But yeh, ran away from home, and never moved back.

Not so much abuse as teaching the odd ahole a very expensive lesson. Being 198cm but rather thin I have had a couple of guys try to take me on thinking I was safe for being a big guy...only to find out you do not need to be very strong to knee someone in the face.

No, I'm likeable. No one ever abused me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, when I was younger.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I'm sorry you had to go through that.

- - - Updated - - -

Who was he abusing, if I may ask?
    It was my step father who had hit my mother.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

When my cat gets too rough I have to spray him with warm water. I always end up apologizing though. Why can't I quit you, Thomas O'Malley...
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    No, I'm likeable.
    I actually lol’d.

What kind of people like a racist like you ? Setting aside all the other cringe you post.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I actually lol’d.

What kind of people like a racist like you ? Setting aside all the other cringe you post.
    Other awful human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    No, I'm likeable. No one ever abused me.
    Many likeable kids have faced beatings or constant verbal degradation from their parents. Many likeable men and women have faced abuse from their partners.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I actually lol’d.

Racist? When?