Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    that is a question many people have asked, WHAT is on the other side of azeroth. because it have been shown as a none flat planat..
    Personally i would want it to be, The reason no have have crossed is the Other 3rd major continent is very far away and surrunded by very dangours monsters water(a bit like a certain book series). and it is either 1 massiv uniited Kontinent, that have build a mass supreme army, since they have had no major problems beside civil war, and no legion invasions as they have always been focused on that part of the world.
    That or, some black empire kind of shit, the old gods minion have fully just destroyed and conquered this place, and then we have to invade it, as they are getting ready to summon a void lord or something
    We've seen globes of Azeroth, and it's implied that there isn't anything on the other side of Azeroth. Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms are basically on opposite ends of the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Are continents getting smaller and smaller? Northrend was pretty huge, Pandaria is slightly smaller, Broken Isles is a dwarf in comparison and the two new "continents" together seem to be even smaller (if slightly).
    Actually this was measured and turns out that Kul Tiras and Zandalar together have more map space than Pandaria or the Broken Isles.

The map of Azeroth doesn't really make much sense anymore tbh. Arthas was able to travel from EK to Northrend and send Scourge to attack both capitals, but they never made it on the Broken Isles?

The Legion EK, Kalimdor, Broken Isles, Northrend and Pandaria, but completely skipped Zandalar and Kul Tiras?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    We've seen globes of Azeroth, and it's implied that there isn't anything on the other side of Azeroth. Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms are basically on opposite ends of the world.
    yes, and we have also seen maps of azeroth without many of the continenets I mean look at the old ships routes they pretty much would have cracshed into the islands there is now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    yes, and we have also seen maps of azeroth without many of the continenets I mean look at the old ships routes they pretty much would have cracshed into the islands there is now
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    They are individually smaller. Together, though, they're a lot bigger than both the Broken Isles and Pandaria.
    Good to hear. I've always been a huge fan of having a lot of space, even if that meant leaving it mostly empty. I think it gives a ton of flavour to the world. If anything, better than having everything clumped together.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Ignore the globes. They are wrong
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Alright, I'll tell you the Goblin explanation about this issue.

You see, in Azeroth, the best way to create a world map, is to hire the people who travels around the world daily and constantly, and that are willing to map the land.

Goblins, mate. The Cartels live by travel, they gave you the Zeppelins. Goblin Cartography created the most used Azerothian maps since before the first war. Every other map made uses the Goblin-made as primal references.

The problem is, the Goblin interpretation of Cartography is different than most other races. When they draw the map, the most important information for a Goblin merchant is the direction of the desired landmass. They would've drawn the Eastern Kingdoms much closer to Kalimdor, if the Maelstrom wasn't this big, noisy thing. Everything else that may exist on the map, that isn't on the trade route, isn't considered, to save up on ink (expensive, scribes are annoying about their stock) and paper (it's also not getting cheaper).

The distance between landmasses isn't correctly represented in the Goblin maps, and no Cartel cares - they know where the destination is, their captains know how much time it takes to travel from any A point to B in Azeroth.
    I laughed... +10 for effort.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Alright, I'll tell you the Goblin explanation about this issue.

You see, in Azeroth, the best way to create a world map, is to hire the people who travels around the world daily and constantly, and that are willing to map the land.

Goblins, mate. The Cartels live by travel, they gave you the Zeppelins. Goblin Cartography created the most used Azerothian maps since before the first war. Every other map made uses the Goblin-made as primal references.

The problem is, the Goblin interpretation of Cartography is different than most other races. When they draw the map, the most important information for a Goblin merchant is the direction of the desired landmass. They would've drawn the Eastern Kingdoms much closer to Kalimdor, if the Maelstrom wasn't this big, noisy thing. Everything else that may exist on the map, that isn't on the trade route, isn't considered, to save up on ink (expensive, scribes are annoying about their stock) and paper (it's also not getting cheaper).

The distance between landmasses isn't correctly represented in the Goblin maps, and no Cartel cares - they know where the destination is, their captains know how much time it takes to travel from any A point to B in Azeroth.
    I.... actually really like this.
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

You gotta realize that the map we see isn't the actual size of things in lore. The islands would be barely visible if it was shown on an accurate map. While the continents are scaled down in size in the game because no one want to take 6 months to walk from Stormwind to STV.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    The only thing annoying about the map is that the maelstrom has shifted West, when it was always portrayed as being in the middle between Kalimdor and EK.
    I do agree with this, bit we know that the eastern kingdoms and Kalimdor are both equal lengths from the meal storm. However, there is less land mass in between Kalidmor and the storm compared to Eastern kingdoms and the storm. If I remember WC3, after a point, you just keep sailing while seeing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    I don't own legion myself. Do players port to the legion zones using portal? or boating from Northrend?

Otherwise how can the new zones stay hidden during Legion?

- - - Updated - - -

Just realized Broken Isles should be discovered long time ago during Wrath.
    The dangers of adding "NEW" islands. both would have been spotted around MoP as well. I think it's about time that Blizzard rethinks this map. We still didn't get to see crestfall and zul'dare in cata.

I also think that the broken isles should have been smaller as they once were before sinking under the water which doesn't make sence of why the isles or one big island has nightborne and high mountain on it with all of the animals. If it came back up from the water level in cata or am I missing something here. My mind has been confused the first time I stepped foot there.

Last edited by omfgreally; 2018-02-18 at 05:01 PM.

Well they didn't need those navies before as Alliance and Horde were able to sail everywhere just fine, including building whole shipyards on alternate Draenor. But now they need a fleet for sailing somewhere.... just curious where since we have already been everywhere else.

Maybe there is some other side of Azeroth they need to sail to because otherwise this idea that they need these navies makes no sense.

There should be some naval battles in BfA.... but not holding my breath.

Well, hey at least we didn't have the random islands each patch like we did in MoP, each patch I was like, here we go again, what new island this time?........

Still waiting to revisit Kezan.
    Last edited by omfgreally; 2018-02-18 at 05:11 PM.

Why is OP assuming we are just now discovering Kul'Tiras, Broken Isles, etc?

We just didn't go there in the game before, and there was no reason to have it the map, is it that hard?

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't Blizzard themselves say that they don't put exact details of the world on globes and maps in game to prevent painting themselves into a corner.

The Broken Isles are enhanced and magnified on the world map for navigation purposes as an enhanced scale shows them as bigger than they actually are. It wouldn't make much sense for them to appear tiny on our map. Very much like our real life atlases, certain landmasses and continents are displayed a lot larger than they actually are. The scale is exaggerated.

Also it has been implied that there was more than one pangea on Azeroth before the shattering. New lands yet to be explored as well as a fair few islands in lore yet to be fully fleshed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Armass View Post
    Actually this was measured and turns out that Kul Tiras and Zandalar together have more map space than Pandaria or the Broken Isles.
    Oh, that's good! Who measured it where, can you link or tell? I wondered about the dimensions of the new landmasses for quite a while already.

Zones aren't hidden, they aren't just the focus of the expansion/patch.

Its just better not to show anything because if Blizz decide to expand and/or create something new, they don't have to hear "It wasn't like that" or "Why can't we go there if we know where it is"
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Why is OP assuming we are just now discovering Kul'Tiras, Broken Isles, etc?

We just didn't go there in the game before, and there was no reason to have it the map, is it that hard?
    I dunno, because the last time they were mentioned in the plot was ToT and WC3 respectively.

we just assumed Blizzard forgot they existed too!
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    dont start this. you might get a flat azeroth society going. AZEROTH IS A DISK, MUCH LIKE EARTH!
    SpaceX recently sent a GoPro into space showing clear evidence, I haven't heard anything from flat earthers since :P

7+ Year Old Account
    The 3rd invasion of the Burning Legion - mostly through the infernals that rained from the sky - caused the mists surrounding Kul Tiras and Zandalar to dissipate. Now we can see the actual locations of these islands.