Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Looking for some assistance/advice for Demonic

Been a long time reader of this forum and I am sort stuck on how to improve beyond my current performance.

I believe my gear is where it should be, my damage in terms of abilities cast by %, the amounts they are hitting for and the amount they are critting seem to be where they should be - so I don't believe its some kind of rotation issue, but I maybe wrong which is why I'm asking for some help.

Below I'm including a Gorathi parse from the other night and my current character and gear. If someone is able to take the time to assist me I would greatly appreciate it to try to narrow down exactly what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=43
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...area-52/smetch

I'm sorry but I'm confused how you think you're doing something wrong. I'm looking through and sure, it's not perfect but I can't say my pulls on the same fight are perfect.

Here's my logs for the same fight if you'd like to compare them: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=13

A thing to remember with DH is we can get capped to where we can do no more dps at no fault of our own if we simply don't get several rng effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was primarily looking at the ilevel parses I was scoring for that particular pull I was in the 36th percentile, and the raid beyond this boss I didn't fair much better. I was just reaching out to see if there was anything notably wrong with what I was doing that I am not seeing, since I didn't want to think I was at the point where I would just surrender to Demonic Appetite's rng bullshitery.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gerbs View Post
    I was primarily looking at the ilevel parses I was scoring for that particular pull I was in the 36th percentile, and the raid beyond this boss I didn't fair much better. I was just reaching out to see if there was anything notably wrong with what I was doing that I am not seeing, since I didn't want to think I was at the point where I would just surrender to Demonic Appetite's rng bullshitery.
    DA is more manageable than other RNG bullshit. Our Artifact literally gives a 10% chance to just get two chaos strikes for the cost of one or even half of one.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...26A8JkALRvazBN Says you can do 1.9 over a 5 min patchwerk fight. Depending on how much you soak and have to stop dps you will never get 5 mins of pure smash-fest on garothi so to do 1.6 is acceptable.

We're talking the top parce on Garothi mythic from a DH had over 100 more annihilations than you and did more damage with fucking chaos cleave than the demons bite.

I realy regret that I did not go with the monk for Legion, really fun rotation without tons of RNG. Its frustrating to see on one pull 95%+ parse and 70% on another. In one pull you gain too much DA procs that you cant even spend fury fast enough while in another you keep mashing Demons Bite because you are fuked by RNG. If you dont get decent procs no way you gonna parse >90%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    DA is more manageable than other RNG bullshit. Our Artifact literally gives a 10% chance to just get two chaos strikes for the cost of one or even half of one.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...26A8JkALRvazBN Says you can do 1.9 over a 5 min patchwerk fight. Depending on how much you soak and have to stop dps you will never get 5 mins of pure smash-fest on garothi so to do 1.6 is acceptable.

We're talking the top parce on Garothi mythic from a DH had over 100 more annihilations than you and did more damage with fucking chaos cleave than the demons bite.
    Thank you for the input thus far, I know that there is a lot tied to DA procs and I honestly am not expecting to be comparable to a top Mythic parser, it just gets disheartening in this situation as I'm sure you can understand. And sad when in my case you are often struggling to break out of green ilevel parses on heroic encounters.

If you're soaking, it's k. Eye of command sucks, so that's one reason you're doing low dps. On the other hand, your stats are almost perfect; so idk.

Im usually 1.9-2.1m dps till anhilations start spawning on the tank path, cause I go to soak those; and the double soak ofc.

Just run Simc, and it will show you what's your dps on a perfect scenario and work from there. Dont watch logs cause at this point, people just make raids for guys to parse.

Hey man props for making a thread and asking for advice. I am looking through your logs and notice a lot of stuff you can fix and yes it is a rotation issue. Looking at your logs you do cast a below average number of annihilations than normal. This is NOT rng. This a missing casts issue.

On missing casts: From your logs, it looks like you can fit 9-10 total casts into an eye beam haste timer. Here is an example of only 8 which add up over time:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...61&end=3454736

Here is another extremely egregious example of only 7:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...77&end=5251570

See those big breaks there are dps losses and should be filled with demon bites so you can get more annihilations.

Here is one of mine with 10 casts:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...59&end=7631604

Look over your logs and you will probably find a lot more issues. Check out equal timed fights and see how many casts you have vs another log and i bet you will see something like 40-60 casts less on your end overall.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gerbs View Post
    Been a long time reader of this forum and I am sort stuck on how to improve beyond my current performance.

I believe my gear is where it should be, my damage in terms of abilities cast by %, the amounts they are hitting for and the amount they are critting seem to be where they should be - so I don't believe its some kind of rotation issue, but I maybe wrong which is why I'm asking for some help.

Below I'm including a Gorathi parse from the other night and my current character and gear. If someone is able to take the time to assist me I would greatly appreciate it to try to narrow down exactly what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=43
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...area-52/smetch
    The main thing I can tell you right away is that you don't have enough Critical Chaos relic traits. That's going to impact your dps the most in your IL bracket. A lot of the time its worth using a lower IL relic just for Critical Chaos traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The main thing I can tell you right away is that you don't have enough Critical Chaos relic traits. That's going to impact your dps the most in your IL bracket. A lot of the time its worth using a lower IL relic just for Critical Chaos traits.
    Personally I don't think its the CC traits. I've only got one and I don't think having two more would be that huge of an increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Najja View Post
    Personally I don't think its the CC traits. I've only got one and I don't think having two more would be that huge of an increase.
    Then you're a noob, no other way to be nice about it. 12% damage on something that does roughly 60-70% of your damage when it crits is huge. Especially when there's not a single other trait that's worth over .5 il and that weapon damage isn't that huge for Demon Hunter to begin with. There's a reason people are willing to drop 30ils for a Critical Chaos relic.

Then you're a noob, no other way to be nice about it. 12% damage on something that does roughly 60-70% of your damage when it crits is huge. Especially when there's not a single other trait that's worth over .5 il and that weapon damage isn't that huge for Demon Hunter to begin with. There's a reason people are willing to drop 30ils for a Critical Chaos relic.
    Let say I do 100 damage with Chaos Strike, with the 4 relic traits I have that makes it 124 damage. Adding another two bumps it to 136, a 12 point change. So 12/124 X 100 comes out to 9.67% which gets reduced by X.7 down to 6.77%, of those Chaos Strikes how many are going to crit? Lets say 50%, so thats all of what 3.35%? So each relic will gain me about 1.65%, like I said.... not that much of a difference. I'm not saying it doesn't or that you should avoid it but in plenty of peoples cases they probably encounter a higher ilvl relic thats worth more overall then the lower ilvl CC one.

EDIT : This is all very rough half thought out math so if I screwed up feel free to make corrections.
    Last edited by Najja; 2018-02-19 at 12:46 AM.

Let say I do 100 damage with Chaos Strike, with the 4 relic traits I have that makes it 124 damage. Adding another two bumps it to 136, a 12 point change. So 12/124 X 100 comes out to 9.67% which gets reduced by X.7 down to 6.77%, of those Chaos Strikes how many are going to crit? Lets say 50%, so thats all of what 3.35%? So each relic will gain me about 1.65%, like I said.... not that much of a difference. I'm not saying it doesn't or that you should avoid it but in plenty of peoples cases they probably encounter a higher ilvl relic thats worth more overall then the lower ilvl CC one.

EDIT : This is all very rough half thought out math so if I screwed up feel free to make corrections.
    CC is worth like 40-50k dps per relic. It absolutely destroys a +5 upgrade..+10 is probably close, might JUST edge out CC depending on tier 2 perks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kash6 View Post
    CC is worth like 40-50k dps per relic. It absolutely destroys a +5 upgrade..+10 is probably close, might JUST edge out CC depending on tier 2 perks.
    Yeah thats why I'm probably never gonna replace my shadow relic, 975 CC with Torment the Weak as T2. However, like I said, its a good bit of damage but it won't cripple you to not have it.

Yeah thats why I'm probably never gonna replace my shadow relic, 975 CC with Torment the Weak as T2. However, like I said, its a good bit of damage but it won't cripple you to not have it.
    Except it does cripple you, if you're missing 2 CC traits that's a HUGE drop in DPS and it gets larger as you get more Crit. Demon Hunter is already in a fairly bad place any excess loss just puts you lower and lower.

Except it does cripple you, if you're missing 2 CC traits that's a HUGE drop in DPS and it gets larger as you get more Crit. Demon Hunter is already in a fairly bad place any excess loss just puts you lower and lower.
    Did you check my math? If I didn't screw up, the loss from not having two of them is about 3.35% Last time I checked 3% isn't considered crippled.

Did you check my math? If I didn't screw up, the loss from not having two of them is about 3.35% Last time I checked 3% isn't considered crippled.
    Your math is irrelevant. You can't math RNG no matter how hard you want to. Not a single other trait is worth even upwards of 5k increase, this is worth 45-80k depending on gear and how much crit you have. Bottom line really is you can't math RNG because there's too much of it with DH. Did you generate a soul with Chaos Strike? Did your Demon's Bite generate enough fury so you don't have to use another global on that? Did it crit? Math cannont account for any of that.

Your math is irrelevant. You can't math RNG no matter how hard you want to. Not a single other trait is worth even upwards of 5k increase, this is worth 45-80k depending on gear and how much crit you have. Bottom line really is you can't math RNG because there's too much of it with DH. Did you generate a soul with Chaos Strike? Did your Demon's Bite generate enough fury so you don't have to use another global on that? Did it crit? Math cannont account for any of that.
    OK Mr. Feelsoverreals. Guess Simcraft and Raidbots don't mean jack shit cause hey you just said it, you can't math RNG no matter what. Also a single CC is not worth 80k dps.

https://bloodmallet.github.io/relics...avoc_patchwerk

So I decided to see what Raidbots shows. I know we can't trust them cause you can't math this stuff right? If I replace my 960 Eyebeam relic with Shadowbind and Demon Rage with a 960 CC relic with Torment the weak and Contained Fury I gain 43k. I assume for lesser geared players its even less than that. Say I do that for both Fel Relics and gain 86k, yes that's a nice chunk of damage, but at the end of the day its still only just over 3.5%. So like I said before, IT WONT CRIPPLE YOU!

OK Mr. Feelsoverreals. Guess Simcraft and Raidbots don't mean jack shit cause hey you just said it, you can't math RNG no matter what. Also a single CC is not worth 80k dps.

https://bloodmallet.github.io/relics...avoc_patchwerk

So I decided to see what Raidbots shows. I know we can't trust them cause you can't math this stuff right? If I replace my 960 Eyebeam relic with Shadowbind and Demon Rage with a 960 CC relic with Torment the weak and Contained Fury I gain 43k. I assume for lesser geared players its even less than that. Say I do that for both Fel Relics and gain 86k, yes that's a nice chunk of damage, but at the end of the day its still only just over 3.5%. So like I said before, IT WONT CRIPPLE YOU!
    Legitimately yes, simcraft doesn't mean "jack shit". Simcraft shows Havoc as a top dps, which is false and untrue. I'm done with you, you've had a few people tell you that you're wrong and giving you reasons why you're wrong, so continue being a shitter, doesn't effect me at all.

Legitimately yes, simcraft doesn't mean "jack shit". Simcraft shows Havoc as a top dps, which is false and untrue. I'm done with you, you've had a few people tell you that you're wrong and giving you reasons why you're wrong, so continue being a shitter, doesn't effect me at all.
    Last time I checked, Simcraft doesn't do rankings so I can at this point say you're talking out your ass. I truly hope that you're the DH that shares your name here on the forum, it would make the irony of you calling me a "shitter" even more hilarious. If that is you then please, parse higher than garbage before you try to talk shit about someone.