Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Never unless it isn't a meaningless gesture, otherwise, why do we have speed limits on the highway?

I mean we all must agree to it at some point that it safer that people can simply decide how fast they want to go, when they wanna
    Autobahn wonders the same thing, sure speed restrictions are needed in some areas, but not everywhere.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    As much as I really don't want to get into a topic like this, I think there are a few things to be said here in terms of what's going on, and why flat out removing guns isn't going to help anything.

But first - my condolences to the family and friends of the victims of this act of heinous violence. No child should ever feel threatened when they go to school, and it should, ALWAYS, be a safe place where they can go to learn, be with their friends, and live what should be some of the best years of their lives, something I was gifted to have back when I was in high school from 2001-2005.

Anyways, onto the subject at hand - Yes, I agree as does I'm sure most people here that stricter gun control should be put in place. Frankly there's really no reason for someone to own an automatic rifle that is in anyway usable. Note that I said usable, because I'll be the first to say that I think Guns, and really any weapon for that matter, are sleek, gorgeous, and just plain pretty to look at, and even hold. But there's a difference between liking a weapon, and wanting to use it to harm another person. It's why people who own swords dull the blades, and I feel that while we shouldn't flat out bar people from owning guns, weapons that are beyond something like a hunting rifle, handgun, or buck-shot shotgun, should be gutted to the point of not being usable.

That said - I also don't feel that tighter gun controls are going to solve this problem, at all, and there's a simple reason for that. We as a species are very, VERY good at finding ways to kill one another. If someone really, truly, wants to end the life of a person ,or a group of people, they are going to find a way to accomplish that goal, guns or not. I think people seem to forget how easy it is for someone to make an explosive device at home (IE: Pipebombs), bring it into school, walk into a busy lunchroom, and blow themselves up, along with everyone around them. We see this all the time in the news in other countries, usually from religious extremists, but it's not wholly isolated to them.

Let's take the shooter in yesterday's incident (his name will not be used, I'm not giving any more attention to him then I need to). Let's say that we lived in a country where we had strict gun controls, but still didn't address the major problem here - the fact that he was mentally disturbed, terribly distressed, and orphaned. He still would have had that desire to inflict harm to people he felt wronged him. He may not have had a gun, but he would have found some other way. Perhaps he would have used an IED, or maybe not. Maybe he would have j ust walked into the school with a knife, and started slitting kids throats, stabbing them, and causing grievous injury that way. Perhaps in this situation, seventeen children wouldn't have died, perhaps only five or six would have died before he was stopped.

But does that matter? Children.Still.Would.Have.Died. To the parents of those kids, nothing about yesterday would have been different. Their world would have still be destroyed. Their child's lived would have been ended, and they'd still be grieving. Then what? Would we talk about stricter knife control? What if it was an IED, would we then look at how he learned to craft it from the internet, and start having stricter internet regulations? Frankly, - yes, that's what would have happened. And why is that?

It's because I truly do believe that the problem we have in our country is that we refuse to acknoweldge the root of the problem - The gun is a tool, the person behind the gun is the murderer, and more often then not in settings like this, the murder is done due to the gunman having serious mental issues that NO ONE has addressed. Now do not get me wrong, I am not taking sympathy for this gunman at all, but the motive to any murder is extremely important, and going back as far as Columbine, we know that the majority of these killings are done by people who are mentally compromised, severely depressed, and need help. But they never receive that help, and I honestly could not tell you why. I'm not sure if it's because we're afraid to acknoweldge that mental health is an issue, or if it's simply because it's easier to blame guns, video games, violent media, or any other scapegoat over it.

But at the end of the day - killings like this won't stop until we start addressing the root problem - the person doing the killing, and why they're killing people. Take away guns, and they'll find some other way to cause these violent crimes. Guns are a tool, and there are plenty of other tools out there that can do the job a gun can.
    See again and again, even you say there is a difference between gun and no gun, you won't kill 17 kids without a gun and heck you likely won't kill even 5.

But most importantly many cowards who do this don't have the balls to do it with a knife or a hammer, because they know for sure odds are against them and they can be easily apprehended or overpowered, that's the biggest difference.

In the end if psycho with a gun is MUCH more dangerous and lethal than one without, which is why you don't have this shit happening in other decent countries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    In your opinion. I think they can be very useful for self defense. And SCOTUS agrees.
    They can. THey are more likely to be the exact opposite.

Gz

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    His statistics are nonsense.

He is talking about how the amount of sexual assault victims have risen.

Gun control doesnt stop criminals being criminals it stops people shooting eachother with guns
    You can print a gun now, taking guns will solve nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your opinion. I think they can be very useful for self defense.
    Something not remotely supported by the evidence, since the US' crime rate is not materially different from any other country's despite the presence of firearms.

And SCOTUS agrees.
    Who cares? They've made shitty decisions before; them deciding something is constitutional doesn't speak to its merits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Wrong. You need to show you had a fear for your life. The law inside your home however, gives you that right simply if someone breaks into your home or vehicle. Armed or not. In Ohio. But in Ohio, out in the public, we have the duty to retreat if there is a reasonable option to do so. Simple shooting someone who tries to slap you, would not be grounds to use deadly force. If one is going to carry a firearm, you need to know your states laws.
    I'm unfamiliar with Ohio's law, I'm right across the border in Michigan, we have the stand your ground law like many other states. You have no duty to retreat.

If a guy walks out of a bar, shouts "Ghostpanther, I'm going to kill you motherfucker!" and begins walking towards you. You're supposed to announce "stand back, I have a gun." If he continues to walk towards you.. pop pop.

Deleted
    Which I am thankful I have that right here.
    Its weird how you didnt say that the first time though.

Its almost like this is some sort of bad excuse.

I am thankful we dont have any school shootings at ALL where i am from.

Deleted
    The worst part of this (imo) is the braindead people even here on MMO-C who are actually still sitting here defending their fucking "freedom" to have guns.

No other place on earth has mass shootings like this. None.

No other place on earth

YOu call these people criminals and then its just like whitewashing everything because you know crtiminals will be criminals.

These are teenage children. They are so full of hormones they cant grasp what they are actually doing. If they didnt have acces to guns this just wouldnt happen.

Literally the rest of the world is facepalming so fucking hard at you guys
    Dude, America was the last country in the world to abolish life sentences for children.... What makes you think this country places any value on human life.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They can. THey are more likely to be the exact opposite.

Gz
    Based on flawed and bias data, omitting other studies. Like including suicides in those figures. People want to commit suicides, they can pick another means. Like they do in Japan. Which by the way has a higher rate of suicides than the US does and they have very strict firearm laws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its weird how you didnt say that the first time though.

Its almost like this is some sort of bad excuse.

I am thankful we dont have any school shootings at ALL where i am from.
    Basically it's the usual bravado from the people who don't have to deal with the outcomes firsthand. It's easy to be a smartass when it's not your children being put to rest today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Making guns illegal will mean less people have guns - meaning less people will get shot.

Guns are illegal in Denmark - i've never seen or heard of a case here where anyone printed a gun. Even if it did happen it would be so absurdly rare that its not actually an argument

Yeah so basicly you dont really care. Its not like this is one individual case.

At some point you have to wake up and realise that all schools have weirdos and that most people have sick thoughts sometimes.

Having an extremely casual relationship with lethal weapons in an entire country makes going from thought to action that much easier
    Wasn't a daily shooting when I grew up, we had guns, lots of guns with out restrictions on any of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Fortunately no deaths yet
    Did you really need to post that immediately after the first post? What did it add, except another number to your post count?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    The bitch was an antifa supporter. now they will fully label them a terrorist group. This is good for the college campuses, worldwide
    “Im going watch them sheep fall fuck antifa i wish to kill as many as i can.”

https://gizmodo.com/what-we-do-and-d...-sh-1823017660

Doesn't sound like an anti-fa support to me.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    That takes stupidly expensive equipment. That's a tired old, debunked argument.

Or if its cheap, buy one for all of us won't you.

Next.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I'm unfamiliar with Ohio's law, I'm right across the border in Michigan, we have the stand your ground law like many other states. You have no duty to retreat.

If a guy walks out of a bar, shouts "Ghostpanther, I'm going to kill you motherfucker!" and begins walking towards you. You're supposed to announce "stand back, I have a gun." If he continues to walk towards you.. pop pop.
    Ohio is not a stand your ground law state. And no, the simple act of him saying he is going to kill you in itself does not justify you shooting him. You can let him know you have a firearm and warn him to leave you alone, but if the option is there to retreat, you are obligated to do it. If you can, you walk away from the situation.

Deleted
    I mean, if printing a gun was such an easy task, surely you'd find a single mass shooter using a 3D-printed gun, right? How many mass shootings do you know of where the weapon used was a 3D-printed gun? I've not heard of a single one.

This is insane. Did he buy the rifle or did it belong to someone close to him? How does anyone wake up someday and decides to do stuff like this?
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    “Im going watch them sheep fall fuck antifa i wish to kill as many as i can.”

https://gizmodo.com/what-we-do-and-d...-sh-1823017660

Doesn't sound like an anti-fa support to me.
    Sounds a lot like some of our resident posters in fact. There's a couple that start foaming at the mouth anytime Antifa gets brought up.

I wonder if there's a link in ideology

Deleted
    Based on flawed and bias data, omitting other studies. Like including suicides in those figures. People want to commit suicides, they can pick another means. Like they do in Japan. Which by the way has a higher rate of suicides than the US does and they have very strict firearm laws.
    I'm actually finding it difficult to find any real data on this. Do you have some?