Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Cool and where did I say I think they were any better? Literally the only thing you listed that has any entertainment value to me is Game of Thrones. And that's mainly because I watch it with friends.

Good thing I also said it was just my opinion ain't it?

UFC is just as bad.

So I'll repeat myself. Wrestling is as fake as one of those Chinese Iphones and the one of the lowest forms of entertainment.
    Why pray tell, what do you do for entertainment?

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Why pray tell, what do you do for entertainment?
    What does what I do have to do with my opinion on what I believe is a low form of it?

As for entertainment I race cars now and then (nothing big mostly rallycross/stock car), physical exercise, movies, games and the list goes on. So I have entertainment in the forms of physical fitness and relaxation.

And to be honest even movies and video games are more entertaining than watching 2 grown men dance around.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-15 at 03:22 PM.

What does what I do have to do with my opinion on what I believe is a low form of it?
    Because if you call something ''low form'' you better give some examples on what's good.

Because if you call something ''low form'' you better give some examples on what's good.
    I never said it was factually low form. I said it was my opinion.

I'd say Rallycross is way more fun personally. Because it's a hybrid of tarmac and grac

And as I posted above watching a movie is more entertaining than 2 grown men/women dance around.

I never said it was factually low form. I said it was my opinion.

I'd say Rallycross is way more fun personally.

And as I posted above watching a movie is more entertaining than 2 grown men/women dance around.
    Both movies and wrestling have fake fights, at least in wrestling they don't use stunt men.

Both movies and wrestling have fake fights, at least in wrestling they don't use stunt men.
    And the ones in movies are far more entertaining imo.

And please wrestlers are glorified stunt men/women. They know what they are doing.

But since you solely focused on movies how about we focus on other examples I provided? Or you stop derailing the thread?

Rallycross actually takes some skill to be good at. It's entertaining mastering the skill to drive efficiently on mixed surfaces.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-15 at 03:28 PM.

This is definitely top 10 of the dumbest questions I have read, basically asking "what does my opinion have to do with my opinion?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    This is definitely top 10 of the dumbest questions I have read, basically asking "what does my opinion have to do with my opinion?"
    Well it's solely an opinion I provided. Now if I tried to enforce that as fact then I should provide what is better.

But I didn't.

So as I said.

Wrestling is fake, it's glorified stunt men and the lowest form of entertainment imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    And all of the violence in movies is "fake", too. Does that make them less entertaining? Also, fun fact, most wrestlers have to be in better shape than most actors and here's the real kicker, wrestlers do their own stunts.
    Action movies never claimed to be real though. Pro wrestling did, and went to some pretty absurd lengths to try and preserve the "secret" for decades until they could no longer keep it up. But since that time, the actual wrestling has been de-emphasized and more time has been spent developing storylines that are meant to confuse viewers as to whether they represent "real" conflicts behind the scenes, because it's not really compelling enough as a fully scripted product.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Action movies never claimed to be real though. Pro wrestling did, and went to some pretty absurd lengths to try and preserve the "secret" for decades until they could no longer keep it up. But since that time, the actual wrestling has been de-emphasized and more time has been spent developing storylines that are meant to confuse viewers as to whether they represent "real" conflicts behind the scenes, because it's not really compelling enough as a fully scripted product.
    Friend of mine who follows wrestling showed me one of those "storylines"

Have to say it was the cringiest shit I'd ever seen.

But on topic WWE sounds the perfect place for her career to go.

And the ones in movies are far more entertaining imo.

And please wrestlers are glorified stunt men/women. They know what they are doing.

But since you solely focused on movies how about we focus on other examples I provided? Or you stop derailing the thread?

Rallycross actually takes some skill to be good at. It's entertaining mastering the skill to drive efficiently on mixed surfaces.
    Sorry, I prefer to take care of the planet. Wasting fuel for fun goes against my morals.

Fuck that bitch. She stole Asuka's moment.

Sorry, I prefer to take care of the planet. Wasting fuel for fun goes against my morals.
    Sure it does.

Safe to say what you are doing at this point so I won't respond further.

Sure it does.

Safe to say what you are doing at this point so I won't respond further.
    It's calling you out on your wrong, hypocritical opinion.

You came into a Wrestling thread to tell everyone in it how bad their hobby is. The one that was T-wording is you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Ronda will make WWE 10 times the money Asuka ever will.

It's calling you out on your wrong, hypocritical opinion.

You came into a Wrestling thread to tell everyone in it how bad their hobby is. The one that was T-wording is you.

- - - Updated - - -

Ronda will make WWE 10 times the money Asuka ever will.
    I said it was bad IN MY OPINION. I never said they aren't allowed to enjoy it whatsoever. If people want to enjoy wrestling then go for it. Nice to see you putting words in my mouth as you usually do with people on this site.

So it really is clear what you are doing here so welcome to ignore. Ironic you tell someone to grow up for stating an opinion then try to put words in their mouth to benefit your own discussion point.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-15 at 03:48 PM.

The blame lies squarely on the bookers. Ronda did not personally choose that moment to appear. They likely told her to show up there, and in her excitement, she did, without consideration of the gravity of the moment; the bookers most certainly didn't.

And the wrestlers themselves also lay most of the blame on the booking and not Ronda herself.

I said it was bad IN MY OPINION. I never said they aren't allowed to enjoy it whatsoever. If people want to enjoy wrestling then go for it. Nice to see you putting words in my mouth as you usually do with people on this site.

So it really is clear what you are doing here so welcome to ignore. Ironic you tell someone to grow up for stating an opinion then try to put words in their mouth to benefit your own discussion point.
    Primarily because it's the same tired, brokeass, unsolicited opinion that pops up in every thread related to wrestling, whether it is germane to the topic or not. Usually not.

Nobody actually discussing the topic at hand, that being Ronda Rousey's imminent debut, really gives a fuck about your useless, off topic opinion on wrestling's inherent value as entertainment. But that said, it is a free world, so you do you. Feel free to regurgitate the same useless shit every other hater does.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2018-02-15 at 05:23 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    The blame lies squarely on the bookers. Ronda did not personally choose that moment to appear. They likely told her to show up there, and in her excitement, she did, without consideration of the gravity of the moment; the bookers most certainly didn't.

And the wrestlers themselves also lay most of the blame on the booking and not Ronda herself.

Primarily because it's the same tired, brokeass, unsolicited opinion that pops up in every thread related to wrestling, whether it is germane to the topic or not. Usually not.

Nobody actually discussing the topic at hand, that being Ronda Rousey's imminent debut, really gives a fuck about your useless, off topic opinion on wrestling's inherent value as entertainment. But that said, it is a free world, so you do you. Feel free to regurgitate the same useless shit every other hater does.
    Pretty much gave my opinion on her.

Judging by the state of her career it's perfect for her.

Glad to see you didn't read.

And I'll happily post my opinion on a public forum within the sites rules. If you feel it breaks those rules then report it to a moderator.

If you don't like seeing what I post then feel free to use the ignore function built in to the website.

I don't see the appeal of Asuka. I've seen her fight and it seems kind of boring. If I had to choose favorites for the women's division it would have to be Sasha banks, Becky Lynch, and Paige(even though I read she won't be cleared to wrestle anymore after her recent injury).
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Pretty much gave my opinion on her.

Judging by the state of her career it's perfect for her.

Glad to see you didn't read.

And I'll happily post my opinion on a public forum within the sites rules. If you feel it breaks those rules then report it to a moderator.

If you don't like seeing what I post then feel free to use the ignore function built in to the website.
    I did read it. Doesn't make what I responded to any less stupidly non sequitur just because your early statement was on topic.

And, as I said, you're more than welcome to say whatever the fuck you like. Just as I am free to point out that I find that opinion to be laughably asinine. Doesn't mean I have a problem, quite the opposite in fact.

I find it pretty amusing to see people on a forum dedicated to a video game, chime in and parrot the wrestling is fake shtick almost verbatim; or to deride anyone's choices of harmless entertainment in general really. The lack of reflection and self awareness is quite comical to me.

So like I said, you do you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I don't see the appeal of Asuka. I've seen her fight and it seems kind of boring. If I had to choose favorites for the women's division it would have to be Sasha banks, Becky Lynch, and Paige(even though I read she won't be cleared to wrestle anymore after her recent injury).
    Paige and Becky are awesome but I feel that Sasha Banks is an injury prone spot monkey. Plus she's the one that injured Paige so fuck her. And I acknowledge that that might not be entirely fair.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2018-02-15 at 05:46 PM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I did read it. Doesn't make what I responded to any less stupidly non sequitur just because your early statement was on topic.

And, as I said, you're more than welcome to say whatever the fuck you like. Just as I am free to point out that I find that opinion to be laughably asinine. Doesn't mean I have a problem, quite the opposite in fact.

I find it pretty amusing to see people on a forum dedicated to a video game, chime in and parrot the wrestling is fake shtick almost verbatim; or to deride anyone's choices of harmless entertainment in general really. The lack of reflection and self awareness is quite comical to me.

So like I said, you do you.
    Gave my opinion on said "entertainment" and even said above again if you bothered to read that people can enjoy it if they want. Just like I can criticize it.

So you do you as well.

Keep acting like you have a moral high ground here though. It's very amusing. But keep claiming you don't have a problem when you are deliberately not reading what people are posting. You sure don't have one when you have to ignore other posts to try and get your point across.

What I find more amusing is people getting this tilted over one person calling wrestling fake.

Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-02-15 at 06:06 PM.