Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So many people taking the bait. Pretty obvious troll..

After seeing the first 2 zones on alpha I’m more hyped now than I was before. Looks really good, my only worry is classes and how they might turn out.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends. I've seen footage of both Nazmir and Drustvar -so far Nazmir has me hyped, glad I own a max lv. Troll Shaman, and extremely happy we're getting more Troll Lore. The zone looks amazing in its aesthetic, storytelling, and whatnot.
    Drustvar on the other hand, looks 'meh' at best. I do love the aesthetic of the zone, but the story is just sub-par. Alliance gets to go on a Witch Hunt, whereas Trolls get to commune with Gods. That's a large contrast, especially considering we just saved the bloody world from annihilation.

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    If you have a capacity for pattern recognition, you'd see that I'm listing all the expansions and pairing them. Thus far the later expansion has proved the greater. If you could read you'd also see that I digressed and stated that BC was actually not terrible, but with time it's not that great either. It was neither exceptional for its time or better than Wrath on multiple levels, so it's therefore the lesser expansion.

Face facts, BC is third from the bottom.

Cata<WoD<BC<Wrath<MoP<Legion

BfA, just from looking at this pattern, is due to be a filler expansion. Evidenced by the lacking alpha content, small time zones, loss of artifacts and non existant lore value.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong, WotLK had significant objective improvements that put it head and shoulders above BC, and set the game on the trajectory we see today.

Graphically superior to BC,
    Lore and story was cohesive - superior to BC
    Better PvP balance over BC, Wintergrasp was amazing
    Introduction of a new class with strong gameplay via DKs
    Strong antagonist presence throughout- LK, Anubarak and Kel'Thuzad all making appearances
    Ulduar
    Beautiful environments
    More involved questlines
    Superior non-drop legendaries available to a multitude of classes

All BC had was low poly graphics left over from Vanilla, along with a big portion of it's PvE content being dungeons and raids that didn't make Vanilla.
    It was extreme - you went from a classic D&D feel game to fucking outer space random shit. Given that there was zero context back in the day, other that WC3, in hindsight BC likely limited the game more than it helped it. I know of more people that quit during BC than at any other point in the game's history. WotLK saved WoW.
    You are right about one thing for sure - Wotlk really did set the trajectory we see today of transforming the game into the garbage.
    Graphicly it was superior by not a huge margin.
    Lore is probably better since i am not fan of TBC lore as well.
    Has pvp balance improved? Nope, since homogenization has started and some classes like DK appeared which had all the stuff combined in 1 class, resilience which was still broken even so worked differently made healers op in the end, or 1 shotting retri paladins under the bubble at the start... i dont remember such clusterfuck previously.... ofc TBC had their op resto druids in the end but it is by product of resilience.
    Quests are pretty on the same level, nothing interesting both in TBC and Wotlk, also lot of group quests gone, which is absurd and downgrade.
    Dungeons went to shit in wotlk by being too easy, raids with 10/25 is a shitty idea overall.
    All major mistakes (flying, resilience) present in both expansion, but wotlk has add dungeon finder which launched the game downhill.
    Wintergrasp with welfare pvp gear is abyssmal system.
    In conclusion they have made lot of bad decision during TBC that went further downhill in Wotlk but at least first half of TBC was good, which is already enough for me to rate it higher then Wotlk, and i really dont want to speak about further expansions.. .just a mess which i would like to unseen and forget.

Deleted
    hihi too much boi

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    People weren't "hyped" for WoD and MoP either, and yet they still sold a bunch of copies at launch.
    WoD had major hype train going...as did MoP actually lol. I was there during launch. The WoD launch was so massive in player participation the server were unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    WoD had major hype train going...as did MoP actually lol. I was there during launch. The WoD launch was so massive in player participation the server were unplayable.
    yeah, people were hyped when the expansions were a month away from release. I remember the path of WoD well. It was not having a very successful beta, and content was already being cut. Plus the fact that many people thought the concept was dumb especially right after SoO. Blizz had to get people excited somehow so they released an amazing cinematic, and look when the expansion released: right around WoW's tenth anniversary. WoD had a lukewarm reception at best when announced, blizz just took advantage of a situation to get people excited for the expansion because WoD did not have much hype at all until that cinematic came out.

Deleted
    The downside was MoP having Pandas... that was really it.

However, consider WoD and Cata being the worst. There's a pattern that Blizz MUST avoid in BfA - the filler expansion curse.

BC < WotLK
    Cata < MoP
    WoD < Legion
    BfA ? xxx

True, BC was decent, but it wasn't Wrath, and it will continue to fall away in time.

As the record stands now given the past development pattern, BfA could be a flop. And in retrospect, WoD and Cata were easily good times to unsub - not a lot would have been missed.

Three Best:
    Legion
    Wrath
    MoP

Three Worst:
    BC
    Cata
    WoD
    BC was far better than MoP o.O Thats for sure... But ofc it will fall away in time, many players didnt even experience it.. o.O We got the wrath troppers left now, how would they know anything from before then?

If you have a capacity for pattern recognition, you'd see that I'm listing all the expansions and pairing them. Thus far the later expansion has proved the greater. If you could read you'd also see that I digressed and stated that BC was actually not terrible, but with time it's not that great either. It was neither exceptional for its time or better than Wrath on multiple levels, so it's therefore the lesser expansion.

Face facts, BC is third from the bottom.

Cata<WoD<BC<Wrath<MoP<Legion

BfA, just from looking at this pattern, is due to be a filler expansion. Evidenced by the lacking alpha content, small time zones, loss of artifacts and non existant lore value.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong, WotLK had significant objective improvements that put it head and shoulders above BC, and set the game on the trajectory we see today.

Graphically superior to BC,
    Lore and story was cohesive - superior to BC
    Better PvP balance over BC, Wintergrasp was amazing
    Introduction of a new class with strong gameplay via DKs
    Strong antagonist presence throughout- LK, Anubarak and Kel'Thuzad all making appearances
    Ulduar
    Beautiful environments
    More involved questlines
    Superior non-drop legendaries available to a multitude of classes

All BC had was low poly graphics left over from Vanilla, along with a big portion of it's PvE content being dungeons and raids that didn't make Vanilla.
    It was extreme - you went from a classic D&D feel game to fucking outer space random shit. Given that there was zero context back in the day, other that WC3, in hindsight BC likely limited the game more than it helped it. I know of more people that quit during BC than at any other point in the game's history. WotLK saved WoW.
    a) Your bait is rather weak; and
    b) Your list is... well... garbage.

WoW Rankings
    MoP: 8
    BC: 7.5
    Classic: 7.5
    WotLK: 7
    Legion: 6
    Cata: 5
    WoD: 2.5

5+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I like so far in B4A is that the freaking mission table is finally getting the axe. But AP, RNG drops and timegating are staying, and so does the MOBA-like class design. Most classes feel quite barren even with maxed artifacts, and now everyone is losing them. Of course, we will have to wait until having a better picture of how Azerite armour works in practice. But I am not optimistic, if what was shown at Blizzcon is any hint... A bit more MS when in GW form...? Not impressed, Blizzard.

Besides, Ion has said that he's mostly happy about Legion class design, and that (aside from a couple of outliers like demo and survival) little, if anything, will change in that regard. And the "utility" they are adding is as bland as bland can be. The pruning is dead, long life to the pruning!

The downside was MoP having Pandas... that was really it.
    The downside of MoP was putting in a race that people had been asking Blizzard to include since TBC?

Ok, see you at launch!

Deleted
    my hype was gone at the blizzcon reveal, it looks 100% like another WoD expansion.

A lot of "look at all this cool stuff we wanna do!" "but we haven't rly implemented ANY of it yet and it's still just a bunch of ideas".
    Then at release, half of what they talked about is gone cus there wasn't time to implement it or they changed it, and everything they did make is half-assed and what they promised wont be implement till much later in the expansion than promised.

BfA stinks of WoD 2.0
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2018-02-16 at 04:52 PM.

I'm excited, but then again I'm both excited for and enjoy every expansion. The game's always great.

Because you were probably only excited because of the trailer shown at blizzcon, not for the game features that they introduced. At least thats me.

mine is actually increasing, it started very low but I'm getting more and more interested

I haven't been excited for an expansion since wotlk. I play wow 1 night a week out of habit (tuesday) to clear the current raid and do whatever else I can manage to do in that time frame.

Gief BfA already!!

i wasnt hyped from the start, but slowly getting hope. (just to say the opposite)

I was curious for BfA but with the recent datamined stuff, lore look like complete bullshit. It was too predictable that It was going to be a Mist Of Pandaria part 2, I had hope for a stunt or something.
    Now Sylvanna's going like Garrosh farming azerite for power and Saurfang goin like Vol’Jin. Fuck that crap. It's not even bad comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Iskariott View Post
    i wasnt hyped from the start, but slowly getting hope. (just to say the opposite)
    I'm on the same boat, BfA's Blizzcon presentation was incredibly underwhelming, but as alpha is unfolding I'm getting some hope back.