Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelle View Post
    You get visited by the SK on N3 but your alive day 4, probably means they were protected.
    Thats silly to say when we know he had multiple actions and already identified the kill target. Not impossible but certainly there are lots of multiple actions per night examples already

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    I'm a little worried that they ended up flipping as a super duper... now we dont know if syriane started the game as a SK (that possible "5th" faction) or became one after N1/N2. N2 we saw the poison kill sig, and N3 again along with trivia win that proved against my mechanics.
    From the role card, It looks like he started the game as an SK. "Ive willed you to be the most famous SK". There was nothing about VT that could choose to turn SK like the other super duper roles.

Robo is unknown but claims "got watcher" N3 from an unknown (to rest of us) source.
    Seems im not the only one to miss his claim. Innocent also didnt give me his role and with Traitors and Frammer(s) around, can we completely trust results? He was in my list of unknowns and I wanted to narrow that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    @Marack: You claimed JOAT: odd night doc; even night JK with a chance of fail + 1 shot investigations if you meet conditions.

Why did you not protect Graeham on N3?
    Who says I didnt?

firstly guys we are 100 games in

do you really think after all those games with you guys even modding a few something is indeed IMPOSSIBLE???

we are playing mafia on mmo right... i mean we have'd zombie Apocalypse's, a game about shapes, hell even Monkz managed to mod a game.

If you guys start believing that things are impossible in this game stop playing.

Danner you have moderated games before surely you know that some night actions over rule others, depending on the order of priority and i blocked Syriane as I had very recently poked that bear and could very well be on Syriane's kill list and who's going to protect a JOAT when there more important target to protect which increases the likelyhood of me being a target.

oh and just to be clear I stopped Syriane from performing a night action as my ability says I prevent one player from performing their night action. i guess i called it a rolestop because i have a tendancy to make comparrisons to previous JOAT roles but i have done that more than once this game

Deleted
    Meta gamming.....meta gaming.......aaaaaaaand some more meta gaming

I'm going to see black panther. I expect a train when I get back.

P.S. Strikered is telling the truth in that he visited Syriane (who appears to have started out as) the SK

7+ Year Old Account
    I think we're all waiting for the 24 hour mark to see if our missing players return before starting trains....

Probably, but doesn't mean we cant give analysis. We're at the point in the game where the remaining scum have quite possibly been vocal and/or town-looking people hunting the other factions. Makes it especially hard with only one "grey" flip and undefined if another 3p is out there. And dont know when senna became recruited so interactions may not be indicative either.

Speaking of which a small caveat before i start from things people have said: yes the role text from large says "i willed you to be a famous SK" but we know from other supers their roles/text can change. Especially with the fact that no poison N1 could have been blocked or not turned killer yet could have been VT at that point.
    I'm a little worried that they ended up flipping as a super duper... now we dont know if syriane started the game as a SK (that possible "5th" faction) or became one after N1/N2. N2 we saw the poison kill sig, and N3 again along with trivia win that proved against my mechanics. Cant say for certain there isn't another 3p (besides other known danga turning).
    I'm having a hard time completely nailing down the supposed "5 factions" from lelly. Town + red + grey + lelly + {A) Syrianne starting as SK B) All potential VT to SK [ie: danga is its own faction] C) traitors (better not be) D) yet undiscovered (to include cult/zombie or unknown)}

Anyway, as celtic said, enough meta. Let me give my thoughts on everyone:

Celtic209 - Unknown abilities. I still have old and new reasons to want to believe town (which are not unwavering), but content wise if i didn't have these would likely be my vote. I'd like to see how something plays out today. Cant rule out scum or 3p currently. Could have caused disappearances.

Cruelle - Claim timing has been called into question by a few (kinda from being a known clever player) but backed up by strikered. I have more reasons to believe truth than not. If i assume danga only question remains can danga be turned/recruited and/or watch them to start killing (which would be silly of them at this point but watch).

Danner - See above. Similar all around. But clearly he's the mastermind monokumo scooping up all the other dangas. #jokingwithtrepidation

Kryllian - Claims faction cop. At least has knowledge from satsu proof, and seen many investigation interferences, so in probable territory. I'd have to come up with reasons to give a mafia team a faction cop (JUST to hunt other team/3p?) over something else. Another that situationally I believe town but haven't liked some of the previous content/days but others are fine. Technically could be either scum/3p.

Marack - Claims toggle joat with bonus full rolecop, used on robo. Info being provided sporadically and potentially questionable. Role very close to "Mafia Goddess" lysah role mechanically (with changes). Cant rule out scum or 3p currently. Could have caused disappearances.

Reticence - Claims visitor who pistol trusted (giving track box). One of most vocal all game. Trains have attempted to be started against him. Content wants me to believe town, along with ??? disappearance. Cannot rule out scum. Third party seems less likely with ??? (if there is one left its possibly the ??? causer)

Robozerim - Claims charge-based joat. Has been investigated inno and supposedly rolecoped as claimed role. Currently situationally i cannot find hardly any reason to doubt. Cant 100% rule out but one of the last i'm interested in -- would be some impressive luck dodging abilities if scum.

Strikered - Claims joat of sorts. I believe i know his full role (not necessarily faction) but dont need to reveal unless needed [rule 47 of mafia etiquette]. Another where situationally i tend to want to believe town. Another if going by content alone may be tempted to vote. Cant rule out scum or 3p currently, thouhg i have additional reasons to doubt the latter.

Virothe - Claimed visitor with bad [dead] target choices, no other info. Has been fairly open and curt about role, implying confidence in being town and able to prove it (haven't seen either way yet). Have seen virothe play scum as daring town to lynch before (the "get better" tactic/advice). Obviously disappeared with ??? today. Another content starved individual but hasn't been linked to anything yet either. Cannot rule out scum. Third party seems less likely with ??? (if there is one left its possibly the ??? causer)

Possibly more analysis later (hopefully when missing show back up). Interested in seeing some things i think will play out today, or watching for previous action lists.

Quote Originally Posted by Marack View Post
    Who says I didnt?
    Are you saying you did?

--
    @Strikered:

I'm not letting you off the hook that easily. Your rationale for blocking Syriane was:
    for whatever reason there was a possibility Syrianes kill took priority I couldn't take that chance.
    Obviously some night actions take precedence over others. Roleblocks being a great example of this.
    You are saying you are worried that Syriane's night kill would have taken taken precendence over some other ability.

My question is; what other ability?
    You're obviously not talking about your roleblock here.

I'm believing you are talking about the ability that killed Syriane. Which implies you knew someone was killing syriane on N4. Which sounds like a slip to me.

--

Also Strikered:

IMPOSSIBLE given the current understanding of the game, mind you. It's obviously not impossible; in fact I consider it proven. Graeham claims it happened, Graeham was town, that means Graeham was not lying about it. Syriane also agreed that a visit to you (Strikered) took place on N3. There is no way this visit didn't occur.

But it wasn't Syriane's night kill that happened on N3. That went to Pistolpink.
    It also wasn't Syriane's quiz bonus ability. That went to Celtic, as he acknowledged.
    So what was it? Syriane's rolecard doesn't give more options.
    Either Syriane had more bonus abilities - what was it? - or we are not seeing the full set of Syriane's innate abilities here.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Razamith:

I believe the 5 factions are
    - town - anyone flipping blue
    - red mafia - should be extinct by now
    - gray mafia - two left
    - lelly's faction - extinct with lelly
    - last third party faction (???? ability user seems reasonable)

I also believe Syriane started as town. But Marack makes a decent point in #762 of otherwise. If true, Syriane has to have been the last third party player.

- - - Updated - - -

On the other hand, if Syriane started as an SK, why not kill on N1 as well? Was Syriane blocked on N1?
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

7+ Year Old Account
    It is possible he was blocked or hit a protected target.

@Marack:
    Fair enough a theory.
    BTW; any answer to my question?
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

7+ Year Old Account
    @Danner He didnt die N3 when I could protect, did he?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryllian View Post
    I think we're all waiting for the 24 hour mark to see if our missing players return before starting trains....
    So wasting half the day before we start pressuring?

Raza has the right idea and so:

1) Celtic209 - The most handsome player around. You should definitely keep this guy and not visit him. Totes mcgoats

2) Cruelle - Cruelle makes me twitchy. Good game contributions but I feel like Cruelle would totally murder everyone given the chance

3) Danner - I feel Danner has been off this whole game and its a smidge....i want to say annoying but its not the right word. I don't think he'd actually turn unless he felt both the last players were scum

4) Kryllian - Seems to be keeping a low profile. Something about his role bugs me. I'd keep him around for another day

5) Marack - Lysah role IIRC. Seems useful but like Lysah, I have a feeling he will turn on us in a minute

6) Razamith - The only person I actually mostly feel is town. His game has been grand and I find it very hard how you would spin the role into a scum role.

7) Reticence - Been playing a good game. Don't think he's claimed (maybe I missed it) and it's actually annoying me

Vote Reticence

If I missed his claim can someone link it please and thanks

8) Robozerim - Robo's play this game hasn't been stellar. I feel its been just townie enough to not raise suspicion but I don't trust him

9) Strikered - Don't trust strikered but don't find him scummy either. 50/50 split

10) Virothe - Trust virothe probably more than most people. But I'd really like to know his role now (after visiting a few dead people)

Is that all thats left? Damn

Also I'm going to throw out a theory: One of the Super-Duper roles is a mod provided fake claim.

Pretty good considering
    1) Tell town what your fake kill signature is. It doesn't appear and then you're safe
    2) Scum aren't going to target you. You're basically a VT which is pointless in targeting
    3) Why lynch them? We gain the same information as if we lynched a survivor. Zip because nobody will care.

So I'll let ye chew on that while I catch some Zzzzzzzzs

True, he did not.

But I still don't think you protected him, and I wonder why. Was there a better target?

Deleted
    I'm actually going to go ahead and propose a Danner lynch if we turn up nothing substantial.

And this isn't bias. It's based on Danner's play this game and my belief that his role may be a fake claim. His breadcrumbs were so ham-fisted

I have returned. Also, I'm pretty sure I know who's behind the silencing, now.

- - - Updated - - -

Before I get into that, let's start with this:

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    7) Reticence - Been playing a good game. Don't think he's claimed (maybe I missed it) and it's actually annoying me

Vote Reticence

If I missed his claim can someone link it please and thanks
    I haven't had a good reason to claim. After all,

Quote Originally Posted by Reticence View Post
    if there isn't specific information that needs to be shared, it's probably better to not say anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    Either come out with the information or keep your trap shut.
    Why does that annoy you so? Am I getting in your way, perhaps?

Vote count time!!

Reticence (1):
    Celtic209 (#771)

Wow that wasn't a whole lot of votes... oh well

Go north young man; Haven't you been told
    Ca-nay-de-ah's full of safety snow and cold
    Sleepin' out all night beneath the tundra stars
    Safe from the zombies who prey on our hearts

It is still Day 5. The deadline for Day 5 is Friday February 16 at 20:00.

With 10 players alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

https://countingdownto.com/countdown/deadline-for-day-5-countdown-clock
    Last edited by Largehorn; 2018-02-16 at 01:09 AM.

Oh, hey, look. A convenient post break.

Apologies in advance: I've been adding to this in my QT over the first part of the day as if I were able to speak in the day-thread, so it's a little more stream-of-consciousness than I usually go for and may repeat points others have already raised.

Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Anyone else think that maybe the gift that Pistol gave Graeham turned him into a bomb and that Syriane killed herself attacking him?
    I think this is a reasonable theory.

The disappeared people are still counted in the living person's list again, so they'll probably be back at least.
    The worst part, really, is responding to 24-hours-worth of posts at once.

Trying to figure out who causes disappearances.
    I think I can shed some light on that. Along with being told that I was silenced, I was given some flavor text that has led me to believe that it is Loki, from the Marvel Universe game. I believe this role is scum -- perhaps even the grey Godfather, to balance out Aizen.

Which leads me to this:

1) Celtic209 - Unclaimed
    2) Cruelle - Claimed Super Duper Survivor
    3) Danner - Claimed Super Duper Survivor
    4) Kryllian - Claimed Cop of Some Sort
    5) Marack - Claimed Lysah, Day-Heckling JoaT
    6) Razamith - Claimed Trivia Master
    7) Reticence - Unclaimed
    8) Robozerim - Claimed Clefable, JoaT; investigated as innocent, but could be Godfather (de-prioritized)
    9) Strikered - Soft-claimed Bard of Valor, JoaT
    10) Virothe - Unclaimed
    Things to add: Syriane was targeted by this ability, so I think we can say that it affects scum this time. So while you can't rule out Virothe and myself from being scum on this alone, you should be able to rule us out from being Loki, so if we take everyone else's claims at face-value, that leaves Celtic.

Vote: Celtic

If I'm right about this and Loki is the grey Godfather, then that allows me to 100% trust the innocent on Robo. If I trust the claims of Kryllian, the Super Dupers and Razamith, then that leaves scum sitting somewhere between Marack, Strikered and Virothe. Current gutfeels is Virothe is slightly less likely due to being targeted by Loki's ability, but I could see a case for a gambit being played here.

It's entirely possible one of those claims above is bullshit, but I don't currently have the evidence to support that.

Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Did nobody pay any attention whatsoever? I might just go cry in a corner now. ;_;
    I did!

The N3 visit to Strikered is IMPOSSIBLE with the revealed rolecard. Syriane didn't have any ability left to do this, per Syriane's rolecard. Yet Syriane acknowledged it happened, so I strongly think it did happen.

[...]

I believe there is something terribly wrong here. Like cult style wrong. Team gray has missing kills since D1. Syriane doing impossible actions on Strikered. Anyone able to explain this discrepancy with Syriane's N3 action, please step forward.
    I have a few theories on that.

• My gift from Pistol informed me that I could use it in conjunction with other abilities, and it did not appear to have an expiration date. It's possible Pistol trusted Syriane enough N2 to gift him something, which he used N3 alongside everything else.
    • Trivia prizes went unclaimed, right? @Razamith, must these be used immediately, and can they be used alongside other abilities? Is it possible Syriane won a second of these and used them at the same time?
    • Strikered has claimed Bard of Valor. @Strikered, did you cast Seeming on anyone N3 to make them look like Syriane? Did anyone see where Strikered went N3?

As for the missing kills... Robo said he jailed Senna one night, so that could explain one. If I'm right about Loki, he's probably got his vests again, which could account for the red team's missing kill. Team Red had a roleblocker (Aizen), so it's possible they blocked one, too. I wouldn't be surprised if I interfered with one. I'm... wary, but not as concerned about this.

I need better reading; Strikered claims to have blocked Syriane on N4. Not possible if true.
    I believe he did block her given that we had no ingested poison kill during the night.
    Very good arguments. +1 for Strikered's credibility, and virtually proof that Graeham blew up without killing anyone.
    I think we're jumping to conclusions here, and I don't think Strikered gains any credibility for this. That's not to throw suspicion on Strikered, just that it's ultimately a net-zero difference for me.

• The kill signatures are the only hard evidence that we have, and they heavily imply that Graeham vaporized Syriane, whereas we have no hard proof to the contrary.
    • The actions are not mutually exclusive. It's possible for Syriane to try to kill Graeham, be blocked and be vaporized all at the same time. I am actually getting the sense that role interference stops an action from having an effect, but does not stop the visitation. If Graeham's bomb is triggered by visitation, then Syriane could have his kill blocked and still trigger Graeham's bomb. That said, we don't actually know how Graeham's bomb worked. It's possible he suicide-killed Syriane directly.
    • It's also possible Strikered is lying, or was blocked himself. From a flavor perspective, even if Syriane's kill went through, I would still expect Graeham to have died due to explosion instead of poison due to its extreme and immediate nature.

You get visited by the SK on N3 but your alive day 4, probably means they were protected.
    That's assuming that all of Syriane's actions were kills, though, and with Pistol's artifacts and the trivia prizes in play I don't think it's safe to assume that.

Quote Originally Posted by Marack View Post
    @Danner He didnt die N3 when I could protect, did he?
    Previously, I was leaning toward Strikered being scum with Celtic, but this response and some of your others today have been kind of shit, in such a way that I'm really starting to revise that read.

Meh, I'm Gyuri from the K-pop game I'm legit just a visitor. I think my roll is in the game to throw off the amount of tracking and watching we have going on.

Also Ret was it you that broke into my house last night? Or maybe you just got silenced cause you visited me when I was the target? Idk, I got two distinctly seperate messages in my thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Also also no one took my bait and killed me all I was trying to do is soak a kill god dang it!

To summarize my main leads before I head to bed:

Marack does not wish to answer my question. He claims to be an odd-night doctor, but did not defend major TPR that requested a protect for N3 (#594,#599). I know he did not visit Graeham per Robozerim's #710. I do not think his actions adds up to his roleclaim. I believe he is lying about his roleclaim.

FoS: Marack

Strikered has yet to answer my question. He said he blocked Syriane to ensure the Syriane's kill didn't resolve , but is silent on what that thing is.
    I do not question that he indeed blocked Syriane, but I do question what he was ensuring Syriane shouldn't be able to pre-empt.
    I believe this is a slip and that he had information about someone killing Syriane that night.

FoS: Strikered

I'm just gonna ignore celtic at this point. I can't parse him at all, he is deliberately suggesting to waste a day because.

- - - Updated - - -

>> He said he blocked Syriane to ensure the Syriane's kill didn't resolve before something

Quote Originally Posted by Virothe View Post
    Idk, I got two distinctly seperate messages in my thread.
    I can confirm that I targeted you last night, so that was probably me.

I'm just gonna ignore celtic at this point. I can't parse him at all, he is deliberately suggesting to waste a day because.
    That kinda sounds like a reason to lynch him, not ignore him.

i had no way of knowing someone was going to off syriane, needless to say if i had a one shot or choice to kill anyone that evening it would have been Syriane, so a lot of assumption on my part, which i have done a sh!t load this game and perhaps shouldn't have done.
    @Reticence so sorry reti i couldn't compare the roles as i couldn't find the link to the Bard of Valor from the D&D game Dendrek played that role and his qt is missing from all the available links but i think its fair to say its been altered somewhat. my 2 remaining abilities are that of an unusual nature and i intend to do use one tonight (if alive)

the nature of those abilities may explain what has been happening but im not sure i want to reveal what they do but im sure if we have more than one Joat with similar abilities or even mirror'd somehow then its quite likely that is to blame