The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    I don't know if anyone has said this or not, but the attorney for the family who housed him is actually stupid.

He said "The family has no idea how he had this gun today, his gun is locked in a safe per the family's rules"
    then 10 seconds later
    "The safe was located in his bedroom and he had the key to it"

?????????????

So they allowed a very depressed teenager (their words) to have a gun in his bedroom and the key to it and are now like "We don't know how this could have happened, we had a rule that it had to be locked!"
    Lol. Yeah, that is not a defensible statement at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    If you do nothing, then what will happen is nothing.

Thoughts and prayers are almost an insult at this point - it basically means people throwing some meaningless bullshit phrase and going about their lives, nobody really thinks and prays except for those whose kids died. Thoughts and prayers means nothing and it won't do anything.

Gun control is a process, not a miracle instant cure, but if the process is started then in 5, 10, 20 years it will lead to major reduction in gun possession and this will help a lot, even for a simple safety aside from mass murders.
    Tbh at this point I think your looking at 100yr time scales to de-gun America. If it's even possible the gun is ingrained in americas culture and image that having one is some seen as a patriotic statement.

Dunno Mabie I'm pessimistic but it just looks from the outside like you guys are way to far gone to change.

All that is theory anyway as even an anti gun president couldn't get any meaningful change in the law over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    We don't prosecute thoughtcrimes in the United States of America.
    We should investigate them, each and every one. Threatening to shoot up school is illegal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    'Respecting' people on the same ideological side is easy. It's basically mutual masturbation.
    Id never say no to the odd reach around though

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    if more guns made you safer, America would already be the safest country in the world.
    Only about 35 - 40% own a firearm. Many of them only have them for hunting. Even far less have a carry/conceal license and actually carry them in the public. That leaves a lot of people easy victims.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    so when your war on guns turns out like the war on drugs what do you feel you accomplished in the end?
    Autofallatio. That's all that shit is to people who think a gun ban magically fixes everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    Boston Marathon attack used bombs and only killed 3 people. So, good first step.
    Pfft guns and bombs, They kill more people with transit vans over here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laozi View Post
    Tbh at this point I think your looking at 100yr time scales to de-gun America. If it's even possible the gun is ingrained in americas culture and image that having one is some seen as a patriotic statement.

Dunno Mabie I'm pessimistic but it just looks from the outside like you guys are way to far gone to change.

All that is theory anyway as even an anti gun president couldn't get any meaningful change in the law over there.
    I believe that eventually they will come to their senses, I wonder how many more mass shootings can they handle? 20? 200? 2000? Eventually they will come to look at NRA and gun religion adherents as a scum on Earth and will start curbing this "culture".

Slavery too was a culture, it took 100 years, but they got 13th amendment in the end too and there were more than enough those who were initially against, why they had a whole war about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    I don't know if anyone has said this or not, but the attorney for the family who housed him is actually stupid.

He said "The family has no idea how he had this gun today, his gun is locked in a safe per the family's rules"
    then 10 seconds later
    "The safe was located in his bedroom and he had the key to it"

?????????????

So they allowed a very depressed teenager (their words) to have a gun in his bedroom and the key to it and are now like "We don't know how this could have happened, we had a rule that it had to be locked!"
    No offense, but people like this family just prove that the stereotype that americans are dumb is true. Like... literally no long term thinking, not considering ANY consequences to such stupid thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    No offense, but people like this family just prove that the stereotype that americans are dumb is true. Like... literally no long term thinking, not considering ANY consequences to such stupid thing.
    Almost like most of the normal human beings? Tell me, do you carefully weigh everything you do with laser precision focus?

They clearly did not consider it a problem or maybe did not consider it at all and US right now is hostage of such random considerations.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Exactly - anybody who says "people will just illegally get guns anyways" I say to them "Well, why don't we just ban rape laws then since people are going to rape others anyways, right?" >_<

I always laugh at the hypocrisy of the idiots who say "Criminals will just get the guns illegally then" are also the same fuckwits who say "You can't take our guns! We need our guns to defend ourselves agains the big evil Government and criminals!". Well, if it's so easy to get them "illegally" - why is that a problem? >_<

It's just like the other hypocrisy of gun-nuts who say "Well, if we ban guns - why don't we ban knives!?" and then turn around and spread their 'sage' advice that you should "Never bring a Knife to a Gunfight" - highlighting the obvious power and advantage differences those items pose.
    Because the logic is sound. You go down that slippery slope that is a balance between effective then plain out stomping on people's rights. AND there are laws already on the books and depending on how the kid got his guns we need to actually enforce our laws not make new laws that will be ignored by people willing to go around killing people.

Its already illegal to carry a gun on school grounds....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I believe Australia had a similar problem, and thus they I believe they implement the extra step of having those specifically banned guns collected and offering something in return if you turn yours in.
    Yea we have that for knives and swords Amnesty days where you can turn them in. Though owning a knife or sword isn't illegal only carrying it public without a good reason.

Though blades are a whole different thing really on the scale of lethality compared to the almighty gun.
    a knife or sword dosent give the god like power of squeezing you finger and deleting some one it actually takes some level of effort and gives at least a chance for self defence. I don't know any karate moves to block bullets

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The bolded is really fucken ironic coming from you, Even more so in this thread.
    Lol, I was just thinking the same thing. Irony to the Nth degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I believe that eventually they will come to their senses, I wonder how many more mass shootings can they handle? 20? 200? 2000? Eventually they will come to look at NRA and gun religion adherents as a scum on Earth and will start curbing this "culture".

Slavery too was a culture, it took 100 years, but they got 13th amendment in the end too and there were more than enough those who were initially against, why they had a whole war about it.
    lol, that was funny. Never. Ever. Mass shootings are good entertainment, why would they ever stop? Look at all the delightfully outraged media content. That dude on CNN crying his poor heart out? He probably got a raise after that. Good acting. :thumbsup:
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by RaoBurning View Post
    Boston Marathon attack used bombs and only killed 3 people. So, good first step.
    http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/terrorism/wrjp255i.html

There you have a list of bombs and how many they killed. Try not to trivialize the danger of bombs next time please

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Thanks. And I appreciate posters like you on here which defend and understand the rights we have for firearms as stated in the Constitution. Sometimes I feel like I am being ganged up on. lol!
    Has the constitution been changed before because a law is out of date or no longer serves the needs of the country. That law was put into place when random attacks from British settlements and native tribes were common place......Are either of these commonly happening anymore?

Maybe you are being ganged up on because in the face of some pretty insurmountable evidence you are still turning a blind eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiljaedon View Post
    Not sure what you find funny about a topic such as this. Sadly this topic is very near to me. My grandfather killed himself 5 feet from me as a kid with a gun and threatened to kill me and my grandmother. I was bullied and branded as such by my class and after columbine all my class mates would tease that I would come back and kill everyone during graduation.
    Should all of that somehow change the quality of that link? Go see a doctor for that, this isn't a good place to vent such deep problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    We need to necro the threads where many learned posters tell us, "stop making a big deal about Nazis, nobody is really a Nazi".

Nikolas Cruz Trained With White Supremacists, Group Claims

Hate group says the accused Florida school shooter did paramilitary exercises and got a rifle from members. Ex-students say he wore a ‘Make America Great Again’ hat in school.

Nikolas Cruz, the alleged gunman who killed 17 people at a Florida high school on Wednesday, trained with a white-supremacist group, its leader told The Daily Beast.

Jordan Jereb, captain of the Republic of Florida, said Cruz “was part of our organization.” ROF hosted a “paramilitary” training session in the Tallahassee area that Cruz attended, Jereb said. “He probably used that training to do what he did yesterday. Nobody I know told him to do that, he just freaked out,” Jereb added.

The Anti-Defamation League said the group describes itself as a “white civil rights organization fighting for white identitarian politics” and seeks to create a “white ethnostate” in Florida.

“I know he knew full well he was joining a white separatist paramilitary proto-facist organization,” Jereb added. “I know he knew that much.”

While Jereb denied responsibility for the massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High Schoo, he admitted someone in the ROF group purchased Cruz a rifle.

“I think somebody bought him a Mosin-Nagant, but that’s bolt action. He had a semi-automatic in the school,” Jereb said, adding, “He may have buried it in his survival cache. We encourage members to do that.”

Then there's our mods, that are A-OK with an identitarian thread going to 37 pages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    lol, that was funny. Never. Ever. Mass shootings are good entertainment, why would they ever stop? Look at all the delightfully outraged media content. That dude on CNN crying his poor heart out? He probably got a raise after that. Good acting. :thumbsup:
    The more cynical person in me has actually smirked at this, you may be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggs View Post
    Wow. That is one powerful cover.