Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Not to burst your bubble, but D3 was announced 4 years before jts launch. SC2 and OW were also announced years before. Its only hearthstone and expansions that see such a quick turnaround.
    Except we're talking about wow, and wow releases aren't as drastic as other blizz games, besides they're not making something new here...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    I don't think Hogger will take anyone by surprise since he's simply become notorious. He's only a level 11 Elite... easy to 2 man.
    I'm seriously hoping we get to see some Hogger raids again.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Except we're talking about wow, and wow releases aren't as drastic as other blizz games, besides they're not making something new here...
    Because, again, you are talking about expansions. Not a game whose team has only just been put together. The fact that Blizzard went out of their way to say it's going to take a while should tell you something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'm most excited for the responses of those who have never played vanilla as they come to a strong realisation about it.

Also looking forward to visiting Auberdine again
    Me too I miss Auberdine ;_;

https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-wa...ervers-trailer

In the video above you may very well be seeing your first glimpse of Classic WoW. Who else is excited?
    I'd imagine by compariison to Legion server's, there's nothing particularly complex about Vanilla servers themselves. Most bugs/exploits have historically been fixed and it makes sense that they probably haven't had to remake many assets.

They probably want to fix/fine tune it until the BFA content draught though. Perhaps mid-way through the x-pac when sub's typically drop. Can't really fault a company for making an economical decision like releasing a big attraction in an off-quarter.

Eh, if it is from classic then it's likely just a big empty world with only a handful of NPCs that they worked in for the intro shots they just showed and they would still have quite a long way to go since 90% of the NPCs, Spells, Items, Talents, ect. are still waiting to be moved over.

Mmh... If it's not a WotLK capture, it means old models, old textures, but high shadows. I can live with that, and that looks good.
    At least it's encouraging.

- - - Updated - - -

If you actually read the article you'd see where they pointed out why it's not Wrath.
    Actually they pointed how it could not be before Wrath, not that it's not Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Vanilla purists are some of the most hostile people in the Warcraft community.
    It's more of a loud minority within the camp of people not wanting anything to change with Classic.
    I'm someone who's hoping that Classic will be a pure Classic experience because that's simply what I'd enjoy the most and what I think would be the best for the game, but I won't pile on people that wants to have a discussion regarding what their opinions are on the matter.

I do hate trolls who just strawman and try to instigate against those who do not want any change however.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Even the reddit post the article quotes has multiple edits explaining that the clips could indeed be from the period of 3.0.2 to 3.3.0. Once 3.3.0 hit, NPC positions in the starting areas changed, and Rogues were also given Dual Wield off the bat, but between these times all of the 'anomalies' (The shadows, the increased draw distance, and the old models) were in the game and accurate to the clips.
    I can't remember, was the "warrior starts with 2h weapon" part of the 3.3 patch too ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Anyway i'm concerned that you think your opinion weighs more then everyone else
    I'm concerned that people who aren't actually interested in Vanilla are shitposting in every forum dedicated to Classic since the announcement and trying to derail the development, either through malice or selfishness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Vanilla purists are some of the most hostile people in the Warcraft community.
    I'd say people who come to troll on forums about a game they aren't interested in are much more toxic than people who ends up aggressive because they're annoyed at the former.

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    They will get a rude awakening... then they realise that 2 normal mobs of your level can and will kill them.... then you are leveling
    I don't think it'll be rude at all. IDK about you guys but I really enjoyed my efforts to solo Hogger, Stitches, packs of 2-3 mobs. It forced an education on class mechanics early, and yielded a great sense of reward before level 20 even.

Situations like this... the little things, literally define why I want to play Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    If that's true that means many of the "No changes" folks won't play it because it has HD shadows.
    beat me to it! XD
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    In the video above you may very well be seeing your first glimpse of Classic WoW.
    but its not. the scenes are from 14 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    but its not. the scenes are from 14 years ago
    So the shadows in the game were that detailed 14 years ago (shouldn't it be 13 btw?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    So the shadows in the game were that detailed 14 years ago (shouldn't it be 13 btw?)
    no if anyone reads the article and follows to the reddit post it's footage from wotlk pre 3.3.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I agree. But i'm afraid Blizzard doesnt

- - - Updated - - -

As a warrior with shitty gear MAYBE. Low level rogue with shitty gear? Maybe aswell

If you cant do it as pretty much any other class i'd stop playing wow all together
    Ya I remember being able to take 2-3 mobs as a holy paladin fairly easily, Locks where the only class I leveled that could be hard to multi kill with because of how random fear could be and this was before void walkers had AoE taunt. As a side note some mobs where over tuned or came in tightly knit groups so they may be responsible for a lot of the "Dangerous mob" mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Because, again, you are talking about expansions. Not a game whose team has only just been put together. The fact that Blizzard went out of their way to say it's going to take a while should tell you something.
    Maybe so, but then again, the team they've brought along has literally been running the version needed, so most likely they've brought said version with them and what's left is a bit of polishing and such.

I mean if they're comfortable enough to release a trailer then they must be well along in the whole process, though to be fair blizzard always tends to hold on with releases even if everything is finished until it suits them, whether it suits them to release later than sooner is for them to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Maybe so, but then again, the team they've brought along has literally been running the version needed, so most likely they've brought said version with them and what's left is a bit of polishing and such.

I mean if they're comfortable enough to release a trailer then they must be well along in the whole process, though to be fair blizzard always tends to hold on with releases even if everything is finished until it suits them, whether it suits them to release later than sooner is for them to decide.
    Not really. It's not so much a trailer as it is a "Hey, 'member this?" video for an anniversary as there really isn't a whole lot actually going on that implies that they are well along in the whole process.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    no if anyone reads the article and follows to the reddit post it's footage from wotlk pre 3.3.0
    In other words it's not from 13/14 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    You are a...very optimistic individual aren't you?

People who've never played Classic before will be lost without the big arrows pointing them in the direction of where to go for quests (since who reads quest text amirite) and will be given a rude awakening by the fact that elite actually mean't ELITE.

There's a reason Hogger's listed in the "how people have died" ingame. And even if people are willing to help "newbies" get into it I don't see the "newbies" being very receptive. Most likely you'll see thread after thread pop up here over how "unfair" the game is to X class or of how slow leveling is to how expensive things are.
    Let the whining babes come and I shall wax my Sword of a 1000 Truths with their tears

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    That would be AWESOME!!!
    And i would hate it as i want to take some time off from work for that..calling sick is worst case scenario