Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Nazmir, Stormsong and possibly Drustvar all have strong Old God ties.
    By local affairs I meant that they're independent of the faction war, mostly. And that dungeons have strong Old God ties only reinforces my impression that, just like Mists, the faction war will be mostly a background and most of the stuff we actually do (In PvE at least) will be solving local problems before moving on to kill Old Gods and their minions, as we always have.

I see a lot of ppl saying its confirmed Ashzara is the 2nd raid tier? I might have missed it could somebody tell me whats up with that? Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nazmir, Stormsong and possibly Drustvar all have strong Old God ties.
    Drustvar has a tiny bit, but it's mostly just witches this Drusts there. I think the more Old God aligned zones are Nazmir, Stormsong and Vol'dun due to it being a key location for the Aqir eons ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    this guy is so underrated

[video=youtube;U0IQZXcU0GM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0IQZXcU0GM[/video
    Well hopefully they can be the uncorrupted Orcs, while we have the green Orcs already...
    Kinda like all the skins that Orcs can't be yet...

Also what about the one green skin with blue eyes?
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Drustvar has a tiny bit, but it's mostly just witches this Drusts there. I think the more Old God aligned zones are Nazmir, Stormsong and Vol'dun due to it being a key location for the Aqir eons ago.
    That's the thing, the Drust lore isn't fully in the game yet and there's some implications that they may be curse of the flesh related.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    What you are describing is exactly what I'm talking about. That is exactly contrived and gamey. It is never good. Ever. No villain going "that was a close one, you've activated my trap card now im going to go prepare to summon a thousand years of darkness!" is ever good.

All you are doing is slapping players in the face and saying, hey that fight you just did was scripted and you weren't going to do much no matter what. It happening more than once is just exponentially more obnoxious.
    This is all well and good, but it is Azshara we are talking about. It's not even about power level. She is one of the most important love figures ever. Simply getting a raid for her name is a slap in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    This is all well and good, but it is Azshara we are talking about. It's not even about power level. She is one of the most important love figures ever. Simply getting a raid for her name is a slap in the face.
    You know that 90% of the playerbase (casual fans) don't care or know about her, right? As much as she's deserving of being the final boss, Sargeras wasn't even a battle in the game. They just make raid bosses that are "cool", lore important second. The final raid boss of Warlords wasn't even in the expansion outside of being a toy.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know that 90% of the playerbase (casual fans) don't care or know about her, right? As much as she's deserving of being the final boss, Sargeras wasn't even a battle in the game. They just make raid bosses that are "cool", lore important second. The final raid boss of Warlords wasn't even in the expansion outside of being a toy.
    I think you don't give the playerbase enough credit, they have some knowledge.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    On the one hand, you are correct. On the other hand there is Illidan who in TBC died in the first content patch. However he was in the CGI intro and was an integral part of the story. I don't care how she is fought or how many times. But the story behind it better be more than: Here, do this raid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Azshara is the last OG villain alive, and I would be really surprised if she or her nagas didn't make an appearance in like Stormsong, or a new patch implemented zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Azshara is the last OG villain alive, and I would be really surprised if she or her nagas didn't make an appearance in like Stormsong, or a new patch implemented zone.
    Lady Ashvane, the main antagonist in the three Kul Tiras zones is already confirmed to be serving Azshara and "Siege of Boralus" ends with a tidal wave coming towards Boralus. So she plays a big part in Kul Tiras while G'huun plays a big part in Zandalar

Lady Ashvane, the main antagonist in the three Kul Tiras zones is already confirmed to be serving Azshara and "Siege of Boralus" ends with a tidal wave coming towards Boralus. So she plays a big part in Kul Tiras while G'huun plays a big part in Zandalar
    she better not die in this expansion. Azshara deserves her own expansion and it would be disappointing if they just one off her in the middle of a faction war expansion.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's my main problem with those overall amazing zones. Horde will skip Azshara story and Alliance will skip G'huun. Unless they will add some introductory quests, but how long and explaining can they realistically be.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    she better not die in this expansion. Azshara deserves her own expansion and it would be disappointing if they just one off her in the middle of a faction war expansion.
    Eh, I disagree. She made an appearance in Cata and Legion, her influence was strong in those expansions. I'm perfectly fine with her being offed if they will give her some interactions with player before. With Nzoth being speculated as a final boss, its fitting to make his minion a tier boss before.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2018-02-15 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    That's my main problem with those overall amazing zones. Horde will skip Azshara story and Alliance will skip G'huun. Unless they will add some introductory quests, but how long and explaining can they realistically be.
    I'm fairly sure that they expect most players to have characters on both sides, despite playing up faction war for marketing.

The prepatch, beginning and reason for going to the zones is faction war, but the meat of the expansion is exploration and old gods.

Azshara is semi-related to the Zandalar story too. Someone on the Zanchuli council works with her.

http://bfa.wowhead.com/quest=50380/hidden-betrayals

Hoping we get more content to play through before the week is out. I thought they would drop 2 zones a week, then they can start focusing on dungeons/raids/warfronts/islands/classes.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Hoping we get more content to play through before the week is out. I thought they would drop 2 zones a week, then they can start focusing on dungeons/raids/warfronts/islands/classes.
    Yeah the streamers are running out of content. They've played all classes/specs and have nothing left to do. More content please. And more invites too.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Azshara is semi-related to the Zandalar story too. Someone on the Zanchuli council works with her.

http://bfa.wowhead.com/quest=50380/hidden-betrayals
    Uuuughhh... I know what they have to involve somehow Azshara as she is meant to be raid boss. But this is just shoddy. Why would proud Zanchuli member plot with Azshara against Zandalar?

Like what the heck? Couldn't they make a naga invasion or something like that? With Zandalari wanting to take offence to deal with the witch?
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    No, not really. If Kil'jaeden and Gul'dan can end up like they did so can Azshara.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Yeah the streamers are running out of content. They've played all classes/specs and have nothing left to do. More content please. And more invites too.
    They really need more invites. I can't speak for late/night streamers, but I know the early/morning streamers can't find groups most of the time to test class specs in a dungeon setting now that most people have played through the content that is currently on alpha a couple times.