Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Suggestion: Tabard that gives XP based on # of 110 alts

Many folks that have multiple 110 toons, especially once you hit the 5-10 alt range, feel leveling is tedious. Hell, half the userbase seems divded on the leveling speed of the latest patch, hence all the threads on the subject. But allow me to offer an alternative.

As someone else said, as good as the book is, once you've read through it 10 to 20 times, it loses some of it's charm. For the folks with multiple max-level alts, there should be a way for Blizzard to allow the leveling process to be faster.

So how about this? Create a tabard that you can buy for gold that gives XP bonus stacks based on how many 110 alts you have. Like 10% more XP for every 110 alt you have. That way, the veterans that have lots of 110 alts can equip said tabard to level faster and cut down on the grind, and those veterans with many alts that don't want the leveling speed to go faster, don't have to equip it. Win win for everyone.

Thoughts?

Damn son, I'd be getting 150% increased exp then with how many 110s I have. I like the idea, but I honestly doubt blizzard would ever implement such a thing.

Personally don't mind leveling even without BoA gear, but that's just me. Everybody else typically don't have that many characters to max and start complaining day one about leveling being a chore each expansion.
    Born too late to explore the earth
    Born too soon to explore the galaxy
    Born just in time to browse dank memes

I have a ton of 110s. I'd basically be able to make a character and stab a scorpion in Durotar and hit level 15.

Deleted
    ^You two, they could basically make it so you get 10% for every max level character up to 100% bonus XP gain, or like 150%.

Be like pathfinder for leveling, i like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think for blizzard it should cap at 5 max level alts. So With heirlooms and the tabard, you get 100% increased xp. Pretty fair imo.

Deleted
    Why would you encourage people to have maximum alts? Its like if you already have 1000g then your gold drop rate increases, just doesnt make any sense. If you are too annoyed by leveling just dont level your 15th alt, huh?
    If anything, completely new players (if there are any at this time) should be encouraged to play, and seeing someone who already has a ton of characters level to 110 instantly, while he has to do this in a month, is not really encouraging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also make the tabard increase rep gains for each max level character you have by 20% so capping at 100% increased rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonnamilkyou View Post
    If you are too annoyed by leveling just dont level your 15th alt, huh?
    But.. There are 11 classes. There's a lot of incentive to level at least 1 of each to max level (class-specific content, challenges, rewards, mounts, etc). Honestly, the only roadblock to prevent me from having 11 classes instead of the 7 that I know have, is that leveling takes so damn long. And that leveling experience can only be varied so many times before you stab yourself in the eyes. Sure you can now choose different zones to level in, but some of the zones are so incredibly un-optimize that as someone with so many alts, you only go to specific zones because the content is focused instead of spread out sporadically.

It would be different if there was a different leveling experience for each class, but that's not the case. I want to see the end game casual content for each class and each spec, but there is no class and spec specific content past the starting zones pre-legion.

I've done the grind, repeatedly, over and over and over, dozens of times across both factions. I've put in my time. I'd like to have a make-it-fast option that doesn't cost $60.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would rather have it a reward from an achievement, unlocking it by having a max level character on Horde and one on Alliance, as well as the Pathfinder achievement of exploring the map.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Acythiel View Post
    ^You two, they could basically make it so you get 10% for every max level character up to 100% bonus XP gain, or like 150%.
    Yah, that's exactly what I was thinking. 10% per 110 toon, and maybe stack at max of 150%. Otherwise as the previous posters mentioned, some folks with like 20-40 110 alts would be 110 in like an hour, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Would rather have it a reward from an achievement, unlocking it by having a max level character on Horde and one on Alliance, as well as the Pathfinder achievement of exploring the map.
    This and/or a maximum level of every class excluding boosted characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWolly View Post
    I was close to saying that you needed one of each class at maximum but was afraid it would be seen as unfair.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I was close to saying that you needed one of each class at maximum but was afraid it would be seen as unfair.
    It’s kinda slippery. I level multiples of each class, but I know that not everyone is inclined to do so. Maybe 6/12 of the current classes, and then an added boost for all of them?

Deleted
    This would be stupid in so many indescribable ways. I know some people level the same class twice or more but the majority of players doesn't, also this wouldn't even benefit alts as you'd already have one of each class.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s kinda slippery. I level multiples of each class, but I know that not everyone is inclined to do so. Maybe 6/12 of the current classes, and then an added boost for all of them?
    OPs suggestion would work fine, no need to make it more complicated with an obligatory amount of characters. A % XP increase for every character you have sounds great, up to like 100%, more or less.

Yah, I think a lot of you are over-complicating the idea. A very simple 10% XP buff per 110 class that you have, stacking to a max of 15 classes, is all that they'd need to do to implement it successfully.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I have a ton of 110s. I'd basically be able to make a character and stab a scorpion in Durotar and hit level 15.
    I don't see the issue with this myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Let’s see, I have...17 110 characters right now so that’s 170%. If I get my level 102+ characters to 110 that’s 21, so 210%.

I don’t know, for all the effort I’ve put in I feel like I’d need 20% per max level character. 420% would let me speed through leveling and get my two remaining heritage sets so I don’t have to do it anymore. I’m sick to death of questing, it’s why I batch level the majority of my characters through events rather than the usual way.

The buffs should become active once you get to the max level of a certain area. For example the buff for 1-60 becomes active based on how many 60+ characters you have, that way it doesn’t reset to 0% every damn time a new expansion comes out.

Those’re my thoughts anyway. The faster leveling becomes the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Let’s see, I have...17 110 characters right now so that’s 170%. If I get my level 102+ characters to 110 that’s 21, so 210%.

I don’t know, for all the effort I’ve put in I feel like I’d need 20% per max level character. 420% would let me speed through leveling and get my two remaining heritage sets so I don’t have to do it anymore. I’m sick to death of questing, it’s why I batch level the majority of my characters through events rather than the usual way.

The buffs should become active once you get to the max level of a certain area. For example the buff for 1-60 becomes active based on how many 60+ characters you have, that way it doesn’t reset to 0% every damn time a new expansion comes out.

Those’re my thoughts anyway. The faster leveling becomes the better.
    This sounds better. But %10 per each is kinda a bit too much. Maybe make it like 5-7% so with heirlooms and stuff it still gives the feel. Otherwise it'd be like "kill these 4 elites and you get one level".

10+ Year Old Account
    "I hate leveling"

"I want an army of alts"

Some of you need to see a therapist or learn some self-control.