Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Castrum View Post
    They need to fit through every door, not most doors. If it's taller than a Tauren/NE, not happening.
    Tauren are taller than Night Elves. Shame that the current Zandalar models are only the same size as Night Elves right now, because I have a tip for everyone that wants Vrykul.

The current Kul Tiran males are Tauren sized. Actually a little taller. That's probably not going to last once they get proper scaling in, but that's the current state of affairs. They're already at mini-Vrykul size. The main problem with that is that Kul Tirans don't have the same cool looking and tough female models the Vrykul do. They're just kind of pudgy.

Honestly, if the Drust weren't universally evil and extinct, I'd suggest them as the basis for a pre-Arathi human barbarian subrace based on Vrykul in culture and appearance. If you want to make them even more distinctive, say they evolved from Frost Vrykul instead and give them blue skin. Maybe a Celtic-based culture, since that's what it seems the Drust are.

You know, with their Pictish name, blue color and painted skin as the Romans stereotyped ancient Britons, and how their local white stag also has a Celtic name. I'm sure you could get something cool if you just completely revamped all the lore around them!

Kul'tirans are likely to become an allied race, and they fill a somewhat similar role to the one vrykul would (stronger, taller, bulkier humans). Vrykul would be a very plausible allied race, was it not for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    Kul'tirans are likely to become an allied race, and they fill a somewhat similar role to the one vrykul would (stronger, taller, bulkier humans). Vrykul would be a very plausible allied race, was it not for them.
    Yeah, but Kul Tirans lack the barbarian flair.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they use the human base model, we could get the valarjar considering greymane free'd eyir and sylvannas wanted the val'kyr for herself.

What a turn of events if the vrykul become alliance and val'kyrs support them (NOT as a playable race obviously).

But a racial could be if you die out in the world a val'kyr ressurects you on a 30 min cd or something, cool flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Vrykul is the only race/ faction from legion we didnt got remember?
    Kul tiran humans arent Vrykul or other way arround.

I hope we will get them eventually.
    Not to mention the Vrykul don't really like us, they merely tolerate us. And for the most part we don't do quests for them, we are doing them for Odin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say split them since two distinct Vrykul cultures exist. Northrend Vrykul would go horde and worship Sylvanas as a death god. Broken Isles Vry'kul would go Alliance.

They could even have unique skins. Frost Vrykul for Northrend Vrykul and Bronze Vrykul for the Broken Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by Castrum View Post
    They need to fit through every door, not most doors. If it's taller than a Tauren/NE, not happening.

- - - Updated - - -

So tiny vrykul. Again, what is the point then? Slightly-taller humans?
    Just let them clip though doors like Tauren do for most doors.

5+ Year Old Account
    So what I'm hearing is that people don't want Vrykul, they want Diablo Barbarians. Ok, I can work with that. So long as we're not pretending those 20-foot-tall Northrend boys are the same as these maybe 7.5-foot-tall Dwarf Vikings. My main issue is that Vrykul culture is inherently violent and ill-tempered, and the last time they had kids that were about human-sized, they exterminated most of them. So Vrykul joining the Alliance will be virtually-impossible unless this subgroup's culture is much more Human-like and they somehow survived in Northrend, which he have no evidence of from Wrath onward. They could join the Horde, potentially, with the same violent culture, but I don't think Blizz will ever set Humans against Basically Humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Just let them clip though doors like Tauren do for most doors.
    Tauren don't clip through most doors? Maybe for their arms/shoulders, but in terms of height, I've never seen any of my Tauren toons clip straight through the top of a door. Either way, it looks tacky and shouldn't be in the game. I hate clipping of all sorts, especially on gear. Don't even get me started about weapons and cloaks.

I don't think we'll get them in BfA, but I hate the height argument against them and ogres. Just make them a head taller than tauren and let their heads clip through doors, it's a split second thing. Most ceilings are plenty taller than the door you reach the room from, so it's not like their heads will be constantly clipping through the roof. Not to mention, that's almost exclusively an old world problem since they make ceilings/doors super tall these days so your camera can stay zoomed out. Or they could flag problem areas and give the super tall races a duck animation that triggers when you enter them, so we can have properly (or at least close to it) sized ogres, vrykul, zandalari, etc.

I don't see it happening in Bfa. Down the road maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Horde getting Vrykuls its like Alliance getting Ogres... The shitstorm will be gorgeous.

OP - There no way we will ever get race that can be DK/Paladin/Shama/Druid at same time.
    Tauren say hi.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I don't think so, they are cool, but don't think they would ever be a playable race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Yeah, but Kul Tirans lack the barbarian flair.
    Which is mainly coming in form of gear and transmog anyway.
    The only thing vrykul have is the neanderthal flair...