Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    If Zandalari paladins didn't happen I doubt wildhammer druids would. It would bee cool tho. I imagine their travel form being one of those Tillers goats.

Wildhammer druids will be necessary now with the horrible imbalance of Horde to Alliance druids. I'm not sure how that one slipped by quality control.

They can just invent whatever lore is required.

This totally has to happen...
    https://goo.gl/images/uVH4V7
    I love druids but I can't force myself to play a nelf or a worgen and I totally love dwarves. This would not be against lore and reason more than gnome or undead hunters to be honest.

Also, a bit of an offtopic but I do hope they are working on an alternative parrot moonkin form for the pirate themed BFA :-D

Deleted
    I have to be honest...give me Wildhammer Shamans and I'm all in for that. I don't know if druids would fit that much, but more druid races on the alliance side would be nice

So, for the Druid Cat hidden appearance, there's a step where you have to enter the Emerald Dreamway from the Hinterlands and in there you get your new form from Ela'lothen <The Moonspirit>. Ela'lothen looks like this:

The cat form you get looks like this:

It would be ridiculously easy to retcon the Hinterland Wildhammer having Ela'lothen being a part of their culture from the beginning and learning Druidic powers from her.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    So, for the Druid Cat hidden appearance, there's a step where you have to enter the Emerald Dreamway from the Hinterlands and in there you get your new form from Ela'lothen <The Moonspirit>. Ela'lothen looks like this:

The cat form you get looks like this:

It would be ridiculously easy to retcon the Hinterland Wildhammer having Ela'lothen being a part of their culture from the beginning and learning Druidic powers from her.
    You also have the loa which were abused by the Amani. Similar to how the elements of Outland made contact with Nobundo after the orcs abandoned them, I could easily see the Amani doing something similar to the Wildhammers, which already have a fondness for nature. Loa—being wild gods—have a connection to the Emerald Dream.

I don't imagine the Wildhammer dwarves could give them another name other than loa though.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    [IMG]

Let's not forget the Night Elf Ruins and the Dream Portal in the Hinterlands.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    And a Gryphon for the racial mount.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    racial mounts are ground mounts, so its a no no for gryphon

besides i don't think blizz will do another dwarf right away, maybe in 9.0, and even if they made sense as druids i don't like the overall idea of "dwarf druid" still prefer the draenei or vrykul to get druid for alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of Gnome Druids, which I think SHOULD be a thing, ABSOLUTELY, I wouldn't want them shapeshifting in a traditional manner.

...no. Gnome Druid forms are ROBOTS THEY RIDE IN.

That way they're just reskinned models, no special work at all in terms of seeing the gnome inside the "mecha". And of course, just like everything else a gnome does, they completely miss the point.

"get closer to nature? WHAT? No. We just need a tank mech that looks like a bear, and an attack mech that looks like a cat, and of course, a controller for our orbital defence system that looks like a giant owlkin!"

Since all magic is just energy, it's not even important to make it a matter of the lore - Gnomes who become "druids" are just emulating druid magic usage through technology. I assume the facepalms of all NORMAL druids will be heard around the world, but like that would stop gnomish inspiration! (You could also say that gnomes are studying nature for research purposes and the first gnomish druids are actually biologists who use their mechs as hides and blinds in order to get physically closer to animals without alerting them.)

...I want gnome druids in battle mechs so badly...T.T

- - - Updated - - -

Could be a flightless Gryphon - one with wings too small to fly with. "Gryphon Fledgling", which would have little bitty wings that aren't big enough to carry a load.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve17 View Post
    Well, Wildhammer druids only existed in the non-canon RPG, but I think they should be made canon. It just makes sense, because they love nature and are much more primitive than their other dwarf cousins.

Please make this happen, Blizzard.
    It sounds dumb but after mulling it over I can see it. I wouldn't call Wildhammers primitive, just more in-tune with nature than their industrial Dark Iron and Bronzebeard brethren.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dembai View Post
    Could be a flightless Gryphon - one with wings too small to fly with. "Gryphon Fledgling", which would have little bitty wings that aren't big enough to carry a load.
    I'd actually like to see a real specialized exclusive Wildhammer Gryphon flying mount for them. It can be the special perk for playing them. You'll need to be the right level to be able to fly on them of course but it can still be used as a ground mount before that.

I also had this idea that Hunters could have an exclusive pet that they start with that actually is their mount (lore wise) it would really make you feel like you are a Gryphon Rider. It would truly make the Allied Race feel special. Especially since they don't have as many differences as the Dark Iron do.

I talked about it in this thread: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...rf-Allied-Race

That said, you bring up a cool idea. What if one of the shoulders on the heritage armor had a baby Gryphon nest or w/e sitting on it?

I also thought of the idea that Wildhammer Druids flight forms could be baby Gryphons too.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    racial mounts are ground mounts, so its a no no for gryphon

besides i don't think blizz will do another dwarf right away, maybe in 9.0, and even if they made sense as druids i don't like the overall idea of "dwarf druid" still prefer the draenei or vrykul to get druid for alliance
    I mean, that's not really been confirmed. I see no issue with your racial mount also being your flying mount if it helps make your Allied Race feel unique. It's not like you can fly till a certain level anyways. It just makes so much sense that Wildhammer Dwarves would have Gryphon mounts because of how important Gryphons are to their culture.

And I wouldn't be so sure about that last part. It really depends how many Allied Races Blizz is planning. For all we know the next 4 (Draenor Orcs, Kul Tiran Humans, Zandalari Trolls, Dark Iron Dwarves) are it for BFA but it's also possible that every patch they introduce a bunch. It's still very early at this point to tell. We have no real idea how long these take to make. It could take forever but it could also be fairly quick. Especially since they are just modifications of already existing things.
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2018-02-16 at 02:15 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    In terms of Gnome Druids, which I think SHOULD be a thing, ABSOLUTELY, I wouldn't want them shapeshifting in a traditional manner.

that would just ruin the entire fantasy of the class

- - - Updated - - -

I
    I mean, that's not really been confirmed. I see no issue with your racial mount also being your flying mount if it helps make your Allied Race feel unique.
    its not be unique... racial mounts are always like tha,t lv 20, ground mounts

It's not like you can fly till a certain level anyways. It just makes so much sense that Wildhammer Dwarves would have Gryphon mounts because of how important Gryphons are to their culture.
    thats a bit irrelevant, eagles are THE mount of highmountain taurens, and they end it up with a moose, im sure they would gt another goat.

And I wouldn't be so sure about that last part. It really depends how many Allied Races Blizz is planning.
    they said they have like 20 in planing, 10 for each faction i presume, but i doubt wit will be more than 4, and i doubt it be another dwarf with less difference than the Dark iron

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    that would just ruin the entire fantasy of the class
    While not untrue, one may easily point out that both Gnome and goblin Priests are ATHEISTS (Especially Goblins, who are literal conmen who use religion to make money), and Forsaken Priests shouldn't be able to use Light Magic without killing themselves. Also, Tauren Priests and Pallies are Animistic and don't worship the LIGHT as much as they do THE SUN as an eye of the Earthmother.

Likewise, Druid lore has been "ruined" before with Loa worshippers and "harvest witches" joining the mix. Gnomish biologists make just as much sense as anything.

And just like Gnomish Priests who don't believe in the light or a god being able to harness that magic, and who view it as an energy that can be used freely should likewise be able to harness nature energy in much the same way.

And likewise, I don't think they'd view it as a violation of nature to use mechs, but since they are studying nature, and mechs are "natural" for them, that it only makes sense they'd use a mech to be a druid.

EDIT: I note, however, that this is a pipedream that I have zero belief will come true.
    Last edited by Dembai; 2018-02-16 at 08:29 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    While not untrue, one may easily point out that both Gnome and goblin Priests are ATHEISTS (Especially Goblins, who are literal conmen who use religion to make money), and Forsaken Priests shouldn't be able to use Light Magic without killing themselves. Also, Tauren Priests and Pallies are Animistic and don't worship the LIGHT as much as they do THE SUN as an eye of the Earthmother.´
    untrue? thats totally true, priests are ot about religion or atheism, blizazrd aid from the beginning what you just need faith and willpower, to use the light, the goblins have faith in money, taurens anshee, no need to worship the light itself.

Likewise, Druid lore has been "ruined" before with Loa worshippers and "harvest witches" joining the mix. Gnomish biologists make just as much sense as anything.
    Druid was never about worship things, to be druid you need a connection with the emerald dream, a Knowledge and a deep Connection with nature and nature magic, anda link with a wold god to start teaching you, Trolls worship Loas who re wld gods, Gonk the Raptor Loa made then into th emerald dream and tell to the other wild gods/loas to teach then, ares witches ae no druids, thy just use some kind of nature magic, they just become druids afte the worgen curse, making the conection with the emerald dream and a wild god Goldrin

And just like Gnomish Priests who don't believe in the light or a god being able to harness that magic, and who view it as an energy that can be used freely should likewise be able to harness nature energy in much the same way.

And likewise, I don't think they'd view it as a violation of nature to use mechs, but since they are studying nature, and mechs are "natural" for them, that it only makes sense they'd use a mech to be a druid.

EDIT: I note, however, that this is a pipedream that I have zero belief will come true.
    A mech druid is the same thing of a Alive death knight casting arcane magic, you are just becoming another thing, a fake, not a druid and you could not emule ll the things, even if they made to work would destroy the class fantasy, and this is my point.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

That way they're just reskinned models, no special work at all in terms of seeing the gnome inside the "mecha". And of course, just like everything else a gnome does, they completely miss the point.

"get closer to nature? WHAT? No. We just need a tank mech that looks like a bear, and an attack mech that looks like a cat, and of course, a controller for our orbital defence system that looks like a giant owlkin!"

Since all magic is just energy, it's not even important to make it a matter of the lore - Gnomes who become "druids" are just emulating druid magic usage through technology. I assume the facepalms of all NORMAL druids will be heard around the world, but like that would stop gnomish inspiration! (You could also say that gnomes are studying nature for research purposes and the first gnomish druids are actually biologists who use their mechs as hides and blinds in order to get physically closer to animals without alerting them.)

...I want gnome druids in battle mechs so badly...T.T

- - - Updated - - -

I'd buy into that, it sounds amazing

Wildhammers and gnomes as druids? Sure!
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

I do think the Alliance needs another Druid race, but do we need another Dwarf race? not really