Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Hopefully if they are made playable they're given a more suitable name: Monsterbane, Monster Hunters, etc.
    They sound more like class names.

Then again Worgen sounds like a class too.

I dunno. I mean, "Zandalari Trolls" are literally just Trolls from Zandalar. Kul Tiran/Tirasian Human would work. I like to call them Brutes like Kul Tiran Brute or Tirasian Brute.

I do think it would be cool if Blizz was open to renaming the old races though.

Trolls = Darkspear Trolls
    Dwarves = Bronzebeard Dwarves

etc.

Blizz is stepping in to new territory so it's time to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    There are thin, medium, and bulky humans on Kul Tiras. It was explained that the reason they are like that is the fact that they have had to live harsh lives, so they've had to adapt. Kul Tiras is also shown to be quite cold in some areas, as well as being a seafaring nation with, presumably, a fishing culture. Thus, muscle guts.

It's pretty noticeable if you look at anything from Blizzcon 2017, or any screenshots/videos that have been around since the alpha, that there are are several different body types for the humans there. There have been several topics about it on MMO-C. Pictures of Jaina's mother (who has the standard human female build) have been around since Blizzcon. You post on here often, so it's not like you didn't have any opportunity to see any of this.
    Based on this, plus "I barely play Alliance", I assume the actual intent of the OP is to just insult fat people.

Blizzard said "burly" and gave us fat.

I expected badass lumberjacks and we got fat comical jokes. Its almost like they were trying to make some statement that being fat is okay, which is it, but in a game where you characters are constantly fighting and running and doing things like that, a fat person makes no sense.

Pandaren are the exception because all they do is eat in their freetime.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyero View Post
    Would be a waste of time for blizzard if they don't add Playable fat humans since it looks ready and everything for a playable race.
    No it wouldn't be a waste of time, somethings have to be different for the sake of diversity and using the same thing over and over again

Nothing will ever be a bigger joke than Blood Elves and Nightborne as part of the Horde.

Fat humans are nothing compared to that.

If Horde gets brown orcs, I don't see a completely different build/ethnicity of human as being too much of a stretch.

Besides, I read a theory someone posted here that with their big builds, seafaring history, and living in a cold environment that maybe Kul Tirans are mixed with remnant vrykul who lived there as well. Would certainly explain the bigger, more robust strong-man builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Except Highmountain tauren are a separate race of tauren and Lightforged—while vastly inferior to Broken—are draenei infused with the Light.

The bulky humans in Kul Tiras are just...bulky humans. It might be over training to hunt sea monsters or whatever, but they're still biologically normal humans.

I read an interesting thread a couple weeks ago that posited that Kul Tiran humans were part Vrykul. This was when the only pictures we had of them were in the BfA trailer, before we got a more detailed look. The poster cited their seafaring background, their proximity to lands the Vrykul live in, and how tall they are. I dunno if it'll shake down lore-wise in the end, but it was interesting.

I'd link the thread but It looks like I didn't post in it, just read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

americans deserve representation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinduffen View Post
    americans deserve representation.
    So do us Europeans, that's why they added the scrawny human models too :P

I agree! he has no idea what he's talking about and doesn't even know the male body that well.
    okay what about anything I’m saying is inaccurate? they are fat, jfc. they should be a barbershop option because putting on some pounds shouldn’t be akin to a whole allied race.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean they look Buff than fat look at this!

i'm 1000000% on board for them to be a playable race! I just hope they are at least 7 feet tall because if that's the case then i'm instantly race changing!

looking at these pics, it’s worse than I thought.

i can’t believe one of you actually tried to compare this to the mountain from GoT. Lmfaoo sure but it’s me that doesn’t know the human body.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I thought that Kultiras humans were a joke until I found out they weren’t.

I barely play alliance but could they get something a little better than fat humans? That’s literally all they are, they have no interesting story whatsoever. And also if Jaina is from the same place why isn’t she fat too?

smh.
    Damn thats a lot of dumb for just 3 or 4 sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlokh View Post
    Damn thats a lot of dumb for just 3 or 4 sentences.
    He's one of the more virulent Horde fanbois/shitposters. Look at his started threads, almost all blatant bias/trolling of Alliance threads.

The Horde gets variations of orcs, the Alliance gets variations of humans. Makes sense to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worth noting the Kul'Tiran model is less 'fat,' more 'actual strength-lifter.' If you watch 'World's Strongest Man' competitions, that's typically the build you see since they're training for sheer power, not to look good in a banana hammock while dangerously dehydrated and oiled-up under hot-ass stage lights.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    okay what about anything I’m saying is inaccurate? they are fat, jfc. they should be a barbershop option because putting on some pounds shouldn’t be akin to a whole allied race.

- - - Updated - - -

looking at these pics, it’s worse than I thought.

i can’t believe one of you actually tried to compare this to the mountain from GoT. Lmfaoo sure but it’s me that doesn’t know the human body.
    Sorry but I never said anything about "mountain from GoT" while I agree with you that they are in fact look fat that's were it ends, they are basically a more hardier breed of humans due to the fact that their main jobs are monster hunting so you'll definitely see a few changes like how they look like they can snap human bones with their bare hands

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Worth noting the Kul'Tiran model is less 'fat,' more 'actual strength-lifter.' If you watch 'World's Strongest Man' competitions, that's typically the build you see since they're training for sheer power, not to look good in a banana hammock while dangerously dehydrated and oiled-up under hot-ass stage lights.
    And since this is fantasy land, you bet they are gonna have superhuman durability and strength! look at that! The muscles are gigantic.

5+ Year Old Account
    Fat man - okay mega power , these veins okay he is able to hold a damn door; but Fat woman looks not so powerful where her biceps? she looks more pregnant than powerlifter.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Fat man - okay mega power , these veins okay he is able to hold a damn door; but Fat woman looks not so powerful where her biceps? she looks more pregnant than powerlifter.
    Women bulk up a little differently than men. For instance, take Brooke Wells. She isn't lumpy and veiny like a male powerlifter would be--she has big arms, and big legs, but they're not visibly muscular until she tenses up. Also, WoW is kinda notorious for its dimorphism; the women are always smoother (in terms of musculature) than the men.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

What you all are failing to see is that

These will be added alongside OGRES.

They will most definitely be on the same animations. Just wait.

Horde gets what they've always wanted, Alliance gets something close to Vrykul. (You/We already got High Elves and Dark Irons )

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Women bulk up a little differently than men. For instance, take Brooke Wells. She isn't lumpy and veiny like a male powerlifter would be--she has big arms, and big legs, but they're not visibly muscular until she tenses up. Also, WoW is kinda notorious for its dimorphism; the women are always smoother (in terms of musculature) than the men.

Lol. Why would you pick someone with a totally different body type? The better example is Andrea Thompson.

The KT women look like dumpy pears, they need bulkier arms, torso and shoulders.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2018-02-16 at 03:22 AM.

Deleted
    The more I think about it (adding them as a playable race, which is still just speculation at this point, btw) the less I like it. It's just some "body positive" dev's dumb idea, and this from a company that always made their men exaggeratedly packed with muscles (even Elves, which never actually looked like body builders before WoW, and I remember the first version of Blood Elves from TBC's alpha, they were more lean and spiky, then they decided to bulk them up) and their women sexually attractive (even trolls are pretty in Wow). Imagine Kul'Tirans women in Classic plate bikini armor, that's just... wrong.