Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    That's the point of her becoming Warchief to shifting from a Chaotic Neutral character to a Chaotic Good character.
    If she gave a shit about the individuals of the Horde, maybe. The prologue of the book made it seem like they're just an army to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Sylvanas is doing the thing?
    glad you got the reference

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    If she gave a shit about the individuals of the Horde, maybe. The prologue of the book made it seem like they're just an army to her.
    yes it makes more sense that she will be peacefully deposed. Like...you dont have to kill your leaders in order to take em out of power

Sylvannas is SMART. she says in that prologue that Garrosh had some good ideas but he was completely careless about it. that she'd be more subtle. you know like giving propoganda that alliance are aggressors and hate the horde no matter what and wont stop till they are dead, and give propoganda like Shes committing attrocities in order to protect the horde...so anyone who doesnt like her Melting people is...anti horde and whats horde children to die.

Sylvannas is a GREAT character whos depicted as smart and conniving . and its great they've done such a good job of making her likable that real life people actually buy into her propaganda

anyways point is shes SMART. if she realizes that the horde is standing its ground and isnt going to let her lead then she will step down. she's not dumb enough to start blatantly executing her own army and turning them into an enemy.

she's ALOT smarter than garrosh and isnt going to do the same thing he did
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

5+ Year Old Account
    Okay so...

For the past several months we've discussed various potential plots about BAz and most of us have kind of settled in on "Old Gods hiding badly behind HvA plot" while others think it's gonna be MoP2 with Sylvanas going full Hitler and Garroshing it up before getting killed.

We also know that Azshara is going to be a boss in one of the raids before the end of the expansion, and that she's also working with some of the peoples of Kul'tiras and Zandalar to work against the island nations as well as against each of them.

But what if we're all wrong?

What if this expansion is actually going to be focused on Queen Azshara, herself, rather than N'zoth or other Old Gods? What if her initial machinations are a key component of a larger plan that we haven't yet learned about?

I'd like to propose this theory:

Stage 1: Azshara makes contact with Kul'Tiras through the Sea Priests serving N'zoth, her benefactor. Using their influence, she begins manipulating the Houses to divide them, causing chaos and disorder in the Island Nation.
    Stage 2: Working with some of the factions of Zandalar, she pushes forward to a civil war within the nation to destabilize it.
    Stage 3: When Sylvanas seeks to capture Teldrassil, in order to cut the Alliance out of Kalimdor, Azshara burns it to the ground, knowing that the Alliance will blame the Horde and brook no further discussion of peace, instead moving to all out war.
    Stage 4: With the two factions of Azeroth's heroes on opposite sides of the sea, each turns to their nearest and most reasonable sea-faring nation for aid in the coming war.
    Stage 5: Both Horde and Alliance exhaust resources and time trying to quell the unrest of the Island Nations while also going to a costly, bloody war, weakening each and distracting them from Azshara's true intent.
    Stage 6: Azshara tries to release N'zoth fully, while the Alliance and Horde are busy dealing with G'huun.

We turn against Azshara in 8.1, but instead of KILLING her, we either defeat her, temporarily, and force her to retreat, or GASP! We fail, and have to retreat because she succeeds at stirring N'zoth.

We deal with N'Zoth in 8.2 and she steals some measure of his power to empower herself for 8.3, making the whole expansion Azshara-Centric for the main villain, but hiding her behind HvA in the art and marketing while also misleading the playerbase into thinking we'll roflstomp her early on...

It would be pretty cool. Or I think so, at least.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    We turn against Azshara in 8.1, but instead of KILLING her, we either defeat her, temporarily, and force her to retreat, or GASP! We fail, and have to retreat because she succeeds at stirring N'zoth.

We deal with N'Zoth in 8.2 and she steals some measure of his power to empower herself for 8.3, making the whole expansion Azshara-Centric for the main villain, but hiding her behind HvA in the art and marketing while also misleading the playerbase into thinking we'll roflstomp her early on...

They never said which patch we'd be fighting Azshara in. Just because she's not the last boss doesn't mean she won't be influential. I mean, Argus was a nobody in Legion. Gul'dan and Kil'jaedan were the more relevant to the plot. Azshara doesn't need to be the absolute final boss to be a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    They never said which patch we'd be fighting Azshara in. Just because she's not the last boss doesn't mean she won't be influential. I mean, Argus was a nobody in Legion. Gul'dan and Kil'jaedan were the more relevant to the plot. Azshara doesn't need to be the absolute final boss to be a big deal.
    Ion did actually, after showing the first raid bosses he says "...now this is the first raid, this is the highmaul, the emerald nightmare of this expansion. Now following this [...] we will be facing off against queen Azshara"
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Pantupino View Post
    Ion did actually, after showing the first raid bosses he says "...now this is the first raid, this is the highmaul, the emerald nightmare of this expansion. Now following this [...] we will be facing off against queen Azshara"
    To be fair he also finishes that with "before all is said and done in Battle for Azeroth we will be facing off against queen Azshara" Which doesn't nessiarly mean right after the first...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's time Rokhan got a new model and looked different compared to others since well I him to lead the Darkspear Tribe;
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    According to the WC3 Reddit, a German site is saying there will be a Blizzard event at the end of the month with a WC3 announcement.
    no, dont write the links....
    Reddit Thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/WC3/comment..._the_usa_soon/
    thread which is mention in reddit http://www.readmore.de/forums/90-esp...ent-in-den-usa
    (in german) which states that its mostly a SMARTPHONE GAME and NOT wc3 remastered...

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    I think it's time Rokhan got a new model and looked different compared to others since well I him to lead the Darkspear Tribe;
    I believe he needs first some proper personality and buildup. He was always more of a scout and man that goes on various missions than a leader. I'd like Vanora to be developed because she was meant to be Vol'Jin's right hand.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    why he is mising the heel-toe as well?

its some kind of apartheid of toes?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    why he is mising the heel-toe as well?

its some kind of apartheid of toes?
    Fuck their toes, at last I can wear boots as a troll instead of ankle warmers. If that means we lose this heel-toe everyone keeps whinging about, then good riddance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Fuck their toes, at last I can wear boots as a troll instead of ankle warmers. If that means we lose this heel-toe everyone keeps whinging about, then good riddance.
    you will not wear boots as a troll and will b missing the toe, we will be fucked in booth ways

and don't say fuck the toes, you racist of toes
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-02-16 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I wouldn't mind it. Done right, it's a good story.

Only thing that bothers me is Azshara burning Teldrassil. It would require her to have inside info on the Sylvana's plans.

So, I think making the war a natural thing, and Azshara seizing opportunity to influence both sides, rather being the motivator, more likely.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    She does care about the Horde.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    She does care about the Horde.
    we are just in a confusion of what kind of "care" she have upon the horde

she "cares" about the horde like vol'jin and thrall did, with altruism, for real? without lying to some peasants so they follow her?

or she cares about the horde in the sense the horde is her meatshield? cause without the power of the horde to defend her, she will die and she fear death most of all?

I doubt it is the first. maybe people gonna say "the reason don't matter, the means don't matter, just the end" i still dessagre

People acting like Sylvanas doesn't really care about the Horde based on stuff from Cata with disregarding any following characterization are silly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    People acting like Sylvanas doesn't really care about the Horde based on stuff from Cata with disregarding any following characterization are silly
    What characterizations? There has been absolutely no indication that her motivations have changed. The Horde is her quiver of arrows as well as her shield against death and damnation. She cares, but her "care" is sheer pragmatism, not duty or love.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    What characterizations? There has been absolutely no indication that her motivations have changed. The Horde is her quiver of arrows as well as her shield against death and damnation. She cares, but her "care" is sheer pragmatism, not duty or love.
    We need to wait for "Before the Storm".

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    We need to wait for "Before the Storm".
    when does the book release?

Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    when does the book release?
    The latest on that is June 12.