Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    everything can be offensive if you get enough reports from salty fanboys, i get a lot already, my band end in march
    I don't think it was even the fan boys cause I never called her retarded even said it was out of character for her. I think Blizz didn't like the fact I called what they wrote for Sylvanas retarded. They are really thin skined if you question anything you do. Always a lot of Blizz salt during alphas and beta.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2018-02-16 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    I don't care retard is not an offensive word not that it matters. If blizz hates the word retard so much then it should be censored like curse words are on the forums.

If you search retard on the forums you will get 10000 hits the max it can show. Banning a person for saying that word would leave the forum empty.
    you throw words like cunt around on the other hand and....

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Personally I find the text to be an example that shows just how important the Horde is to Sylvanas and also how ruthless she is. She is an undead banshee...they're not going to be warm and fuzzy and rainbows and butterflies........Ruthless =/= evil though.

She's simply willing to do anything and everything to preserve and protect the people that are under her protection, to ensure there's still something to protect that's worth protecting.
    Her personality has never been that. Not really. She's always been selfish and has repeatedly undermined the Horde to push her own goals. If she has noble aspirations of leading the Horde, it's a sudden and new change. And frankly, I'd find it disturbing... Garrosh had the same problem, changing dramatically each expansion, and look how that turned out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    I don't care retard is not an offensive word not that it matters. If blizz hates the word retard so much then it should be censored like curse words are on the forums.

If you search retard on the forums you will get 10000 hits the max it can show. Banning a person for saying that word would leave the forum empty.
    It's in bad taste. There are plenty of forums that ban use of the word. It doesn't mean every user on the forum were banned from using it, it just meant that the word was banned and when users use it, they are warned.

Dunno what MMO-champ's policy is on it, but I avoid using mental disabilities as an attack, it's just tasteless, and there are plenty of better suited alternatives. But hey... that's just me. You can do whatever you want to do.

Am i the only one that wants the horde to be the bad guys? I play horde myself and the word "horde" to me doesnt exactly sound like the nicest kind of people, a savage warmongering orc isn't exactly supposed to be the good guy, im totally ok with my faction being the evil ones.

Its a fricking video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyme View Post

Its a fricking video game.
    yeah this pretty much

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smrtby View Post
    We're taking Lordaeron and your queen is a literal feminist banshee with no honour (look at how she talks to Saurfang).

I'll take the physically fit, white, god-fearing male King over that.

Enjoy dying for the Whored, soy-cuck.
    lol, you actually chose the sissy crybaby Friendship Is Magic soyboy faction on purpose? And you think a woman having some power means the Horde is that now? Kek.

Honor means nothing to a corpse, Saurfang. You have the luxury of underestimating death, but it is something with which I am intimately familiar.
    Maybe you don't care if your people die so long as it is honorable, but to me, this Horde is worth saving. Anyone who disagrees does not deserve to stand among us.
    So die your warrior's death, High Overlord Saurfang. It means little to me. Perhaps I will raise your broken body to serve me once more.
    Or perhaps you will have a chance to say hello to your son.
    but I was told Sylvanas was misunderstood and is actually a hero and I'm RACIST and JUDGMENTAL

Quote Originally Posted by Vespene View Post
    I think the problem lies in how the races blindly follow the faction leader on every war campaign. It would be perfectly fine if the Undercity declared war on Stormwind, yet Silvermoon decided not to participate even though they're aligned with the Horde. It's like how the US declares war against Iraq, but most of NATO refuses to follow suit, even though they're in the same "faction."

As for the player character, he or she has always been kind of a rogue agent, doing the bidding of other races regardless of allegiance. There wouldn't be any problem in the RP what so ever if the Blood Elf player participated in Undercity aggression, against the wishes of their home city.
    17 of the 29 NATO members participated in Operation Iraqi Freedom, part of the coalition known as the Multi-National Force - Iraq. Canada still participated in Iraqi Freedom even though it wasn't officially a part of the coalition. NATO member's non-participation have very little to do with ideological differences, it's primarily a constant failing of agreed upon military budgets for it's member countries (the vast majority of NATO allies fail to spend what they agree to). It's been a constant source of criticism from the U.S. for decades and it's a contributing factor to why the world views the U.S. as a warmonger (i.e. France allows U.S. to fight their war to keep Vietnam a french colony, then fails to participate in NATO member conflicts).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Castrum View Post
    lol, you actually chose the sissy crybaby Friendship Is Magic soyboy faction on purpose? And you think a woman having some power means the Horde is that now? Kek.
    Where do such people grow? Under some kind of moldy rock?

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Her personality has never been that. Not really. She's always been selfish and has repeatedly undermined the Horde to push her own goals. If she has noble aspirations of leading the Horde, it's a sudden and new change. And frankly, I'd find it disturbing... Garrosh had the same problem, changing dramatically each expansion, and look how that turned out.
    That's fair. I'm also incredibly interested in seeing how the big name characters will change/grow/evolve in this expansion. I'm not particularly invested in it, but I would be very disappointed if they pulled another Garrosh with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    That's fair. I'm also incredibly interested in seeing how the big name characters will change/grow/evolve in this expansion. I'm not particularly invested in it, but I would be very disappointed if they pulled another Garrosh with any of them.
    Ironically, the character growth I am most interested (aside from Jaina) is Vol'jin. Yeah, he's dead... but his character is still playing a major role in the expansion. I wonder just what Blizzard has in store for us?

But I am digressing pretty badly here. Sylvanas's character growth is a concern to me rather than a point of curiosity, because a lot of the time when major characters undergo dramatic personality changes, it means that they are going to lose what people liked them for and end up changing again to make up for that, and perhaps fail again... this in turn will lead to them being removed (IE killed off) since there is no way for them to be likable again. We saw this with Garrosh, and we've seen it in other characters that are now disliked heavily despite them still being here (Thrall, for instance). I don't want Sylvanas to turn out this way, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    The Horde have been the bad guys since it was made, but you only realize it now? Wow, someone is a little slow.
    So I guess you havn't heard of the Berlin wall falling? Or the World Trade center attack?
    Also, German lost WW2, just in case you'll only realize this in a couple of years.

What is this "Horde" I hear so much about? All I know are the two factions: The Alliance versus The Blood Elves

Good and evil are points of view, stop crying over semantics.

It's a videogame BTW.

5+ Year Old Account
    They are just stripping all of the pretense away. Sylvanus is just going to do whatever she wants. She will justify it all because she is afraid of dying.