Does abondonment laws protect the guy?

Does abondonment laws such as when women leave their children in fire station, church etc. with no question asked protect the guy as well? Say, if a guy during custody leaves the baby in a fire station, will he be prosecuted?

Whatever you're planning to do, stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They're just asking for a friend is all!

OT: Idk why they wouldn't apply to men as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    Does abondonment laws such as when women leave their children in fire station, church etc. with no question asked protect the guy as well? Say, if a guy during custody leaves the baby in a fire station, will he be prosecuted?
    What do you mean by "during custody"?

If you share custody and do this against the mother's will, that's kidnapping. You can't just take the kid away from the mother and abandon it...

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    What do you mean by "during custody"?

If you share custody and do this against the mother's will, that's kidnapping. You can't just take the kid away from the mother and abandon it...
    i saw a new article about a mother doing this without notifying the father at all. Can a father do this without notifying the mother?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I think you’re thinking about Safe-haven laws.
    Apparently all states now have some equivalent of those laws and I see no reason why they'd be gender specific (the law generally isn't).

But I'm a bit concerned about what we're encouraging here...

- - - Updated - - -

i saw a new article about a mother doing this without notifying the father at all. Can a father do this without notifying the mother?
    I very much doubt any law protects you if there is another custodian and you are doing this against their will.

Gender doesn't enter into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1
    will he be prosecuted?
    Retired lawyer here. Nobody will be able to answer this question. You haven't clearly set out the factors that would even allow us to know which jurisdiction's laws apply, and we certainly don't have the details necessary to make a guess. Will he be prosecuted? That's going to be up to the prosecutor, ask me next week's winning lottery ticket numbers instead. Could he be? Sure, he might also get hit by a meteorite. This is worse than asking for medical advice. If you feel you really must know the answer, make an appointment with a practicing attorney.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Sometimes you really crack me up dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on the OPs post history this is low quality bait. 0/10
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Because gender equality only matters if a woman is the affected party. That's why men can't be raped, according to Laci Green. We 'like' it.